To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

VELOGAMES- Tour de France 2018 Now Open!

A forum for fans of Fantasy Cycling games (including Fantasy Tour de France)
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: VELOGAMES- Tour de France 2018 Now Open!

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 00:47
bluelionman wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 00:22 I feel like I've missed a great tour but I boycotted it this year in protest at the Velogames TdF game having to be suspended!
However listen to talksport on my DAB at work and keep hearing the headlines and surprised Geraint Thomas sounds as if he will win this years edition. Gutted to think team I entered before game got suspended has Froome, Dumoulin and might have had Thomas to - can't recall now but possibly.
Not sure it has been; and yesterday's FI kinda grid was a dry squid, imho; and if it had worked then it would have been bad ie dumping G, everyone's fave GC Brit out of the Tour among others in first bend carnage. A good idea that didn't work, imho. 50-100k's before would have it rock at lest as much?

Imagine a non TT stage just up d'Huez, where there could be a race to the first bend.... and as 1st Stage :shock:
There’s plenty of scope for trying different things like that. There hasn’t been a big mountain time trial for some years... or how about finishing one stage at the top of a mountain then starting with the descent the next day, perhaps in grid formation?

It’s certainly been an eventful Tour (though it pretty much always is, even when there is a rumaway winner, it’s three weeks of organised chaos which is what makes it, along with the spectacular settings...) The route’s been good, they’ve kept it interesting by spreading out the different challenges, whereas in some Tours a decade or so ago it seemed to be a case of seeing Alpe d’Huez or Ventoux on stage 19 and everyone waiting for that to make their move.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

The Tour has better hype and marketing, I'll give you that. In terms of racing and parcours though, the Giro wins hands down.

Seriously, this has been the dullest race for a long time. Pretty much the only time gaps have been because of mechanicals or crashes. Hardly any attacking riding at all.

Thomas the strong man of the Tour no doubt about it now - deserves to win and hope he does but after a Giro when every stage seemed to offer something, this Tour has been monumentally dull.

Just A Kiwi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Just A Kiwi »

Hasn't helped the Tour that two of the current top three also rode the Giro and undoubtedly not in the shape as they could be. Also Movistar had a great line up but up to now haven't produced. Landa, Quintana (until Wednesday) . Valverde and Soler just not come to the party

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I think the Tours are only dissapointing these days because only one man has the class and ability to smash it on a mountain stage when necessary and also stay up there every other day without fail. He (Froome) is clearly knackered this time. G has been the class rider pushing on brilliantly at the end of a few stages without (needing) any huge days.

Maybe it is a drugs thing* but there is no Contador quality rider these days to threaten Sky.

* not implying Sky cheat - I am confident they are clean, at least now - more that previous riders were more exciting on EPO etc...

Having said all that I still love watching the 3 tours, helped by British interest.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

A bit harsh on the Giro as Yates made it compulsive viewing?

I think this year's tour has suffered due to the harshness of the Stages, with so many being out of the Time Limit, which must also have had a hit at the front and Nibali* crashing out. I'd mention Porte too, but that is an annual event nowadays and worthy of a Sweep re how many km's he rides next time? Which brings this year down to Thomas staying upright, which isn't guaranteed, or a Yates-style implosion? Maybe Dumoulin will do a Froome and attack early....

Also it has suffered with the rest of the summer's sport?

Basically Sky are the Schlek's and most, or all, of us wanted Contador to win. But there aren't enough\any Contador's around?

I also think the first week could have been the last, so some of those stages had proper 2 races in one stage - and more chance of the MJ changing hands from cross winds, cobble trouble etc.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

It’s interesting how a number of the leading GC contenders are taking on two or all three Grand Tours now. He Who Shall Not Be Named showed no interest in the other two, at least after his French dominance started, so he was labelled Mr. July... but for perhaps that reason I’ve often struggled to get interested in the Giro and Vuelta in the past because they had second rate fields by comparison. It’s good that it’s now considered possible, but very difficult, to do them all!

Anyway, Thomas only has to stay upright really to become the first British born winner :wink: The top four are all outstanding time triallists, it’s not like an Evans v Schleck or Froome v Quintana contest, so only crashes could substantially alter things.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

That's it, my son is a cycling fan now. :D He picked Out Geraint to follow from Stage 1.
2 days before it started, he said he would like to do Velogames this year.
That took a bit of explaining.
To cover that disappointment we got to see two stages of the TdF, during local party week. It mixed in well with the World Cup. Still, recovering.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Just checked The Le Tour Fantasy league.
Velogames supporters are lying 5th and 6th. :D

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Who is this Feeling Sports based at 20 rue Jean Moinon, 75010 Paris
They say they started in 2010. Baby compared to Velogames.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

jimmy ching wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 08:50 That's it, my son is a cycling fan now. :D He picked Out Geraint to follow from Stage 1.
To cover that disappointment we got to see two stages of the TdF, during local party week. It mixed in well with the World Cup. Still, recovering.
Has he got the pronounciation sorted?

The ITT and descents the day before must have had G worried, but chuffed for him and Cav's words kinda sum it up. (I'm sure BBC had a bit on website basically saying G was really sweet and Cav so pleased for for him as he (G) had given loads....)

Not a clue where his few days(?) attempt at a goatee\Musketeer facial growth has come from though :lol:

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 01:23
jimmy ching wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 08:50 That's it, my son is a cycling fan now. :D He picked Out Geraint to follow from Stage 1.
Has he got the pronounciation sorted?

The ITT and descents the day before must have had G worried, but chuffed for him and Cav's words kinda sum it up. (I'm sure BBC had a bit on website basically saying G was really sweet and Cav so pleased for for him as he (G) had given loads....)

Not a clue where his few days(?) attempt at a goatee\Musketeer facial growth has come from though :lol:
Ha ha. His Mum has sorted it out. I asked him to ask his Mum, since her first language is Welsh. His English still needs improving but I'm sure it will come with age.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Bryan Holm (Quick-Step director) rips into Lappartient, who is having a bit of a mare since his appointment. Pretty much everything the bloke says is wrong.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...m ... ong-389055

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cycling”