To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

London Cup Squads and Chit Chat

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Re: London Cup Squads and Chit Chat

Post by Waikikamukau »

Foxes (from 14): Aadil, Ackermann, Chappell, Cosgrove, Dearden, Delport, Dexter, Griffiths, Hill, Horton, Javid, Klein, Parkinson, Wells.

Ned Eckersley and Varun Aaron will miss out because of injuries while all-rounder Ben Raine is again being rested.

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Post by Fatbellywobblebottom »

If thinking about last minute changes this morning worth remembering that Sussex only have one RL Cup match left, are unlikely to qualify and then onlu play one of the next three rounds in the county championship. Certainly don't bring any players in and worth dumping these you have (probably) after today if you have a couple of transfers availble to burn...

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Also... anyone know what the issue is with Weighill at Durham? Has he just been 'rested' from these games or have I missed some injurty news?

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

And... Craig Overton has missed the last two Somerset games - he was in the last squad but not the final XI. Not 'rested' I think - maybe dropped for giving away too many runs per over? He has always been a favourite of mine, but I think I'm going to remove him in case he doesn't play their last game either (and they are by no means guaranteed to progress).

Edit. I get the feeling I'm not going to have a great day. Two of my captains (Moeen and Wessels) out for ducks in the first five minutes. :evil:

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Doogal, I feel your pain! Three ducks for me inside the first 10 minutes, one of them captain Mo :roll:

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Darn it Wessels! I avoided jumping on the Moeen Ali bandwagon. Thanks for the info on Sussex, yeah be getting rid after today. Also after Tuesdays game Pujara is off for Yorkshire.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Fantasist wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 11:13 Doogal, I feel your pain! Three ducks for me inside the first 10 minutes, one of them captain Mo :roll:
You do know he is in the England ODI squad, has one game left for Worcs that is of course presuming they travel up to Scotland on Friday, if go up before, then he has zero games left.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

What a complete twit I am - I put a extra team in for the centuries league - just looked at it and didn't understand the scoring so checked the rules and couldn't believe where I got my idea of this game from but I thought it was about how many centuries your players got - not just named the century league because ya in a league of 100 randoms - what a div I am.... I picked my team on batsman I thought would get tons and spent a good few hours checking stats for season so far and players that come in up the order - what a knob I am! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

ooozzzie wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 12:09
Fantasist wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 11:13 Doogal, I feel your pain! Three ducks for me inside the first 10 minutes, one of them captain Mo :roll:
You do know he is in the England ODI squad, has one game left for Worcs that is of course presuming they travel up to Scotland on Friday, if go up before, then he has zero games left.
Thanks ooozzzie. Yes I know I need to get rid of him, but I put him in a few games ago as I thought he might give some handsome rewards during his short spell. It hasn't really worked out that way, but at least his replacement will inherit the captaincy.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Fatbellywobblebottom wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 09:42 Also... anyone know what the issue is with Weighill at Durham? Has he just been 'rested' from these games or have I missed some injurty news?
He is on as sub fielder at mp

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

bluelionman wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 12:53 What a complete twit I am - I put a extra team in for the centuries league - just looked at it and didn't understand the scoring so checked the rules and couldn't believe where I got my idea of this game from but I thought it was about how many centuries your players got - not just named the century league because ya in a league of 100 randoms - what a div I am.... I picked my team on batsman I thought would get tons and spent a good few hours checking stats for season so far and players that come in up the order - what a knob I am! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Could pay dividends if you have picked them well - centuries in Royal London score a lot of points. And it favours batsmen over bowlers, generally (which is not so true of 4-day games).

madterrier
Treebeard
FS Record: Runner-up (£1.5k) Metro FF
2nd, 3rd (£4k) Metro Champions League
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

Fantasist wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 08:30 Thanks for all the squad news guys.

madterrier - Gurney has been (still is) injured, hence not playing recently - definitely not rested.

Josh Tongue is also injured (foot) hence not in the Worcs squad today.

I've been finding it really hard to get bowlers in recently, many of mine haven't been playing this competition but worthwhile replacements seem to be at a premium.
It's suddenly become quite difficult to pick bowlers, certainly any that justify burning transfers. Have throttled back on bowler changes and just take it on the chin when they are rested. We'll be back to CC games soon and there's even a round before the knockout stages of the RLC. Hopefully the likes of Bailey and Robinson as cheap enablers come back into contention then, and Porter, Harris become more regular starters.

madterrier
Treebeard
FS Record: Runner-up (£1.5k) Metro FF
2nd, 3rd (£4k) Metro Champions League
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

Doogal wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 10:30 And... Craig Overton has missed the last two Somerset games - he was in the last squad but not the final XI. Not 'rested' I think - maybe dropped for giving away too many runs per over? He has always been a favourite of mine, but I think I'm going to remove him in case he doesn't play their last game either (and they are by no means guaranteed to progress).

Edit. I get the feeling I'm not going to have a great day. Two of my captains (Moeen and Wessels) out for ducks in the first five minutes. :evil:
I read somewhere that he had a slight injury, but was back in the squad for the last game but I guess they just didn't want to take a chance on him. As they lost or NR in their last two games, I can't see them resting him in the all-or-nothing final game.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

London Cup TV Games announced for final group games.

6th June Hampshire V Somerset Hampshire already through, if Somerset win they have to hope Essex lose to Kent even then it will be down to run rate.

7th June Warwickshire V Worcestershire Although these two are clear at the top, the loser could go out, if Derby beat Notts and end up with better run rate. If Notts win then both
qualify but match will decide who goes straight to semi final.

Fixtures all updated https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =799516165

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

ODI squad Woakes our injured not too serious but in goes Tom Curran

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

England Player Availability
Keaton Jennings (Lancashire), Dominic Bess (Somerset), Sam Curran (Surrey), Alastair Cook (Essex) – available for all cricket.

Mark Wood (Durham), Jason Roy, Tom Curran (both Surrey), Eoin Morgan, Dawid Malan (both Middlesex), Alex Hales (Notts Outlaws), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire Rapids), Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, David Willey (all Yorkshire) – available for remaining Royal London One-Day Cup fixtures before joining England’s one-day squad.

Joe Root - available for Yorkshire's match against Northants Steelbacks.

Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire) and Jos Buttler (Lancashire) – unavailable for this week’s Royal London matches before joining England’s one-day squad.

Dawid Malan (Middlesex) – available for Specsavers County Championship match at Leicester starting June 20.

Jimmy Anderson (Lancashire) and Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire) – availability TBC

Ben Stokes (Durham) and Chris Woakes (Warwickshire) – injured.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Hard to work out why Bairstow and Buttler aren't allowed to play when that game is tomorrow. Its all a bt mysterious but at least we know who can and can't play so very helpful cheers Nabby

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Lancs squad for tomorrow unchanged although talk is Onions & Mennie 'may' be rested.

Liam Livingstone (C), Tom Bailey, Josh Bohannon, Karl Brown, Jordan Clark, Steven Croft, Alex Davies, Haseeb Hameed, Rob Jones, Joe Mennie, Graham Onions, Matt Parkinson, Stephen Parry, Dane Vilas.

Yorks Squad:

13-MAN SQUAD TO FACE LANCASHIRE
Gary Ballance
Tim Bresnan
Harry Brook
Karl Carver
Matthew Fisher
Tom Kohler-Cadmore
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson ©
Liam Plunkett
Cheteshwar Pujara (Last Game)
Adil Rashid
Jonny Tattersall (WK)
David Willey

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

A bit late to help too much - but the pitch at OT looks very dry. Livingstone will bowl his full allocation I suspect and Croft may also turn his arm over - if he doesn’t bowl today, he’s never going to bowl!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

On paper at least Yorkshire look a little bit stronger, but we all know that don't always mean a win. Yorkshire of course have two games left so two wins would give them 11 points and the fatal losers of Warwickshire V Worcestershire (which I am planning to go to as long as weather is good) will only have 10 !! So Yorkshire could sneak in.

For both Warwickshire and Worcester to qualify they are going to need Yorkshire to lose 1 game out the 2. And for Notts to beat Derby. So still possible, but also meaning one of them is pretty vulnerable to end up not going through. So we are certain of two crunch games on Thursday,could be three if Yorkshire win today.

In the south group tomorrow, Hampshire and Kent are qualified. If Essex win (against Kent) they are through, but if they don't win, its then a scramble between Somerset Surrey and Glos and it will come down to run rate if 2 or 3 of them win, a miracle means these three are not playing each other, so all four games have some significance.

Enjoy your day WLD

Kohler Cadmore a duck, heck,

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

For those who don't already know, Jake Ball called up to the England ODI squad to replace Woakes.

It does say for the Australia series, doesn't mention being for the Scotland game.

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

For those who don't already know, Jake Ball called up to the England ODI squad to replace Woakes.

It does say for the Australia series, doesn't mention being for the Scotland game.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Another bowler down - darn it

Time for a bit of Fletcher - can't see him playing for England

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

jimwinn wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 16:05 Another bowler down - darn it

Time for a bit of Fletcher - can't see him playing for England
Yes fair pick he is only a "4" as well so not a bad return. My reservation would be if Notts don't qualify, if Yorkshire lose this game today, then Notts have qualified so would hang
on a few hours yet, and pick a bowler from a team that has gone through. Might get 2 more games out of your new player. Mason Crane perhaps?

Ref Edgeways question Jake Ball will be off to Scotland, have to do a bit more digging or wait until squad comes out to see if he plays on Thursday for Notts.
They might let him play seeing as this was a bit last minute. But then again who knows, this wheels of the England team are a complete mystery when it comes to letting players play or not.

hazzab
Treebeard
FS Record: Overall Champion of Cricinfo County Championship comp in 2009: a long time ago now!

Post by hazzab »

Steyn named in the Hants squad, as is Dawson.
Reformatting from the Hants website is beyond me, I'm afraid.

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

ooozzzie wrote:On paper at least Yorkshire look a little bit stronger, but we all know that don't always mean a win. Yorkshire of course have two games left so two wins would give them 11 points and the fatal losers of Warwickshire V Worcestershire (which I am planning to go to as long as weather is good) will only have 10 !! So Yorkshire could sneak in.

For both Warwickshire and Worcester to qualify they are going to need Yorkshire to lose 1 game out the 2. And for Notts to beat Derby. So still possible, but also meaning one of them is pretty vulnerable to end up not going through. So we are certain of two crunch games on Thursday,could be three if Yorkshire win today.

In the south group tomorrow, Hampshire and Kent are qualified. If Essex win (against Kent) they are through, but if they don't win, its then a scramble between Somerset Surrey and Glos and it will come down to run rate if 2 or 3 of them win, a miracle means these three are not playing each other, so all four games have some significance.

Enjoy your day WLD

Kohler Cadmore a duck, heck,
Thanks very much! However, a last minute change of plans meant I couldn’t go today.

Yorkshire tweeted that Croft was in the team, not exactly important in the overall scheme of things but shows not to rely on one source entirely.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ah Ok, Well that result means is of course Yorkshire have final day in their own hands as the top two play each other. Notts can qualify along with Yorkshire, Or if Derby win they could sneak if their run rate is good enough. I think that means Warcs V Worcs is a winner takes all game, because can't see the loser going though now. What a killer.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Holy Moses! My weekly team was having a nightmare was in 274th at the start of today, but did have a good day today, scored 1176 points and jumped to 2nd !! :lol: Game on!

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Glamorgan 13-man squad to face Surrey: Ingram ©, Selman, Donald, Carlson, Brown, Cooke (wk), Lloyd, Morgan, Salter, TVDG, Carey, Smith, Wagg

Anyone know why Marchant de Lange is hasn't been playing :?: He was one of their top point scorers last season

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

hazzab wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 16:54 Steyn named in the Hants squad, as is Dawson.
Reformatting from the Hants website is beyond me, I'm afraid.

Steyns been added as a 7 bowler :D :D

Jimmy Adams (4)

Lewis McManus (18)

Chris Wood (25)

Rilee Rossouw (30)

Brad Taylor (93)

Joe Weatherley (5)

Gareth Berg (13)

Brad Wheal (58)

James Vince (14) Captain

Liam Dawson (8)

Sean Ervine (7)