To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC Team News Squads Chit Chat Early Season 2018

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Re: TFC Team News Squads Chit Chat Early Season 2018

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Agree,Wizard...great signing....more than makes up for Coles....

Jim....good tactics!😉

I have now read that Abbott bowled after tea...without success...gulp...I wonder how fit he actually is?

DD....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

I have an abandoned team from an old weekly with no transfers left and none made this week, score DOUBLE my weekly team this week. Double! :shock:

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Ditched the Abbot - I'm guessing he is carrying an injury and would be rested for the 50 overs games. Hampshire have several bowlers to share the wickets I'd he's not tip top

Middlesex on the other hand. ....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Just finalising the fixture spreadsheet for the year now, and also putting times in for the London Cup. most of the games start at 11am, but all TV games start at 2pm and there are a couple of others (not many) that also start at 2pm and they have been marked. The final two days in June 6th and 7th they all start at 2pm.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =939675938

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Post repeated

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Pujara is now officially beyond a joke.....Will he gain form in the fifty over competition?

Probably good move 're Abbott Jim... I compromised as unsure about the fifty over stuff..

DD..

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Ah...I had been having problems posting earlier...Well done with your hard work on your fixture thingy,Ooozzzie...The Cricketer wall chart this year omitted the Ireland and Scotland (apart from the England game) fixtures...Very easy to get caught out as to the availability of certain players if purely relying on it...

DD...

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

wizardoffire wrote: 13 May 2018, 01:57 Matt Henry has been a fantastic signing for Kent
He sure has been :D . Also, another Kiwi, Dougie Bracewell at Northants did pretty well this round also :D He's off before the start of the One day games though.

Kentish Womble
FISOhead

Post by Kentish Womble »

Kent one batting point! 😀

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 13 May 2018, 18:59 Pujara is now officially beyond a joke.....Will he gain form in the fifty over competition?

Probably good move 're Abbott Jim... I compromised as unsure about the fifty over stuff..

DD..
Pujara is a class act who usually needs a forklift to remove him from the crease. He's been hugely disappointing so far this season :shock: Not sure why he's playing most of the one day games though :| I took him out of my teams and replaced with Renshaw who's done okay, and a certain kiwi who rewarded me with a pair this week :oops: I really think Pujara will be back to his usual unmovable self once the weather warms up and multiple 200's and 300's once the tests start :D

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Kentish Womble wrote: 13 May 2018, 20:25 Kent one batting point! 😀
Haha...that's one more than Yorkshire last week...and they won too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kentish Womble
FISOhead

Post by Kentish Womble »

Shame we can't keep Henry all season.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Kentish Womble wrote: 13 May 2018, 21:18 Shame we can't keep Henry all season.
Winter time in Godzone now...and much like Brain McKechnie and Jeff Wilson, he's needed back to kick and run up a cricket score in the rugby :D :D :D

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby ... r-age.html

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

Never do things when your half a sleep 💤 brought Curran in from Surrey made him captain. Nice 3 wickets this morning 143 points. Good choice! Just looked now brought Tom in, IPL, that could cost me big time!

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Ouch - I did some Adams to Amla (who is another early season only pick)

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Jack Leach has broken left thumb

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Presumably we’ll see Moeen in the test squad now but I’m intrigued by the talk of Virdi.

I’ve only seen him bowl on the Lancashire stream earlier this season so I’ve no idea if he’s as good as his press but I have seen a lot of Parkinson. He outbowled Leach the other week, has the track record last summer, with the Lions over the winter and this season (when he plays). I’m not convinced he’s ready for a test yet but is Virdi?

We surely don’t want another playing too early situation like Kerrigan, who has recently packed up playing first class cricket. He never quite got over his test experience IMO and he never recovered anything like his form pre the Oval.

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

ooozzzie wrote: 14 May 2018, 13:46 Jack Leach has broken left thumb

Just as your about to get called up! How unlucky can you be. Watched Arron Lilley play for Delph Cricket Club in the National ECB comp against woodbank. He hit 93 off 30 balls, the lad can bat! He is predominantly a right arm off spinner, and the best fielder in the country! Lanky don’t use, every county side would want him!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FcNyr8s8WT0#
https://youtu.be/lWlh0LxQn5k

Lancashire is such a pompous club, the Hierarchy are up their own arses! Paul Allott played against him, when he guest pro he was a right twit on the pitch! Now he is a up his own arse off it!

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

jimwinn wrote: 14 May 2018, 12:13 Ouch - I did some Adams to Amla (who is another early season only pick)
So annoying, but my own fault!

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Black caviar wrote:

Just as your about to get called up! How unlucky can you be. Watched Arron Lilley play for Delph Cricket Club in the National ECB comp against woodbank. He hit 93 off 30 balls, the lad can bat! He is predominantly a right arm off spinner, and the best fielder in the country! Lanky don’t use, every county side would want him!

Lancashire is such a pompous club, the Hierarchy are up their own arses! Paul Allott played against him, when he guest pro he was a right twit on the pitch! Now he is a up his own arse off it!
Totally agree about the Lancashire attitude and the hierarchy. They accept absolutely no criticism, to the extent of banning some members for criticising them (politely) in a fanzine.

Lilley is an interesting player, I’m hoping he plays a pivotal role in the list A and T20 games. I read about his innings yesterday, it’s have been some5hing to behold! The problem is his bowling was what got him into the side and he’s now a batsman who can bowl a bit. I wonder if he’s struggling to shake off the expectation that his bowling needs to be better?

I’d have him in any side ahead of Brown, if Brown plays ahead of him I fear for our one day campaign because he’s a clearly better player than Brown, with much more capacity to improve.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Black caviar wrote: 14 May 2018, 16:29

OMG, that is totally insane catch. :D :D :D

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

wld wrote: 14 May 2018, 16:39
Black caviar wrote:

Totally agree about the Lancashire attitude and the hierarchy. They accept absolutely no criticism, to the extent of banning some members for criticising them (politely) in a fanzine.

Lilley is an interesting player, I’m hoping he plays a pivotal role in the list A and T20 games. I read about his innings yesterday, it’s have been some5hing to behold! The problem is his bowling was what got him into the side and he’s now a batsman who can bowl a bit. I wonder if he’s struggling to shake off the expectation that his bowling needs to be better?

I’d have him in any side ahead of Brown, if Brown plays ahead of him I fear for our one day campaign because he’s a clearly better player than Brown, with much more capacity to improve.
His bowling has come on,as a lad he mainly tried bowling as a containing role. Mainly quicker arm balls, he has brought his speed down quite a few clicks. Trying to turn the ball more. Surrey 5/6 left handers, he should have been picked! Three seamers bat eight. Jordan Clark as a fourth seamer at 7. Then any 6 batsmen, but he’s not a public school boy. In fact he went to my school, his mum was in my class. I played cricket with his dad for many years. His grandads also. I feel sorry for the lad he has so much talent! His best friend Greg Buckley who was at Lancs, got release because he broke his leg playing football. They said he couldn’t, they weren’t even paying him. He is in Australia now living. He scored more runs than any pro in his final season, in the Huddersfield league! Both should be playing county cricket, both are superb! Neither were from the right stock, so even though they are miles better than loads of others they were,are always overlooked. Shreevats playing for the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the ipl batted five in Delphs team poor lad hardly got a bat. He can’t believe how they get over looked!
Joke it really is.

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

Waikikamukau wrote: 14 May 2018, 19:58
Black caviar wrote: 14 May 2018, 16:29

OMG, that is totally insane catch. :D :D :D
You should of seen his hitting yesterday. Delph is a very small ground,and easy to hit sixes but these were going miles. They had a Leicestershire lad playing Leicestershire announced the signing of batsman Harry Dearden after an impressive season for the club’s Second XI in 2016.

The opening batsman put in a number of good performances, including a brilliant century at Yorkshire in the Second XI Championship and a score of 46 in the Trophy semi-final at Somerset. He scored for 28 for them,but didn’t look in the same class. He was lbw to a 14 year old left arm spinner, Selby! He is on Lancs books he is great gravy. Luckily for him he is a public school boy, so he should fit in well! Great kid beautiful action, very talented. Should play for lancs if he carries on! Delph are still waiting for their pro, can’t remember his name. He was voted bowler or the tournament in the Pakistani T20 comp. Supposed to be very quick. Visa problems. If your ever in the saddleworth area Delph Cricket Club. Serious cricket team. The keeper is 48, Grant Jones, shreerats admitted wasn’t lying Grant is better than him. They paid 6k to a Pakistan 🇵🇰 lad from the Bradford league as supposedly a very quick bowler. Speed gun 87 mph, grant stood up to him. Amazing hands, played pro for many teams, yet Lancashire took Jamie Haynes who was an Aussie who played at our club over Grant. Grant was head and shoulders, keeper better and scored thousands more runs ever did. Yet again wrong school late 80s early 90s. He was back up to Hegg. Joke, Love lanky but hate anyone on the board, set of tawts! You never get to see the best players playing at Lancashire. Posh tossers! Rant over, this week is whit Friday, amazing brass band competitions. The film braised off is about Whit Friday, there use to be three local village matches played that day. All in different leagues so history has gone. I have got two hundreds on whit Friday 1988 I was on £30 pounds a week. £88 quid collection, all of it went behind the bar, two days drinking for most of the side for free. Watch the film brassed off I love it, but I am biased! Good luck men hope we all win some pennies this year!

Beautiful https://youtu.be/zo8hIc7DpuE

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Test squad out...don't have in front of me but think only twelve...How bitter sweet for Bess to get in due to Leach's injury...

Some seem to think that Buttler shouldn't have been included...No Vince..Wood in as is Malan..no Ali...I think!

DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Alastair Cook, Mark Stoneman, Dawid Malan, Joe Root (capt), Jonny Bairstow (wk), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Dominic Bess

Yes guess DB is late replacement but Vince's big innings was too late. Buttler star of the show in IPL last couple of weeks or so. There has been a lot of pressure for him to get a test chance. Lords was very flat for county game so Buttler may miss out anyway.

Kentish Womble
FISOhead

Post by Kentish Womble »

Obviously early days for Northeast at his new club but wondering if he'll be on Smith's radar this season.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

I wonder how the conversation went or am I being unfair?
Hello Mark, you know you are not getting a game in India you need to get home play in one Div 2 fixture and we will pick you.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

16 pages of discussion shows the forum has recovered from last year. Is it worth a new thread for the one-dayers?

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Good idea Rover if we can get this one locked

In the meantime -

Essex Eagles squad:

Ryan ten Doeschate (27) Captain
James Foster (7) Wicket-keeper
Aaron Beard (14)
Ravi Bopara (25)
Varun Chopra (6)
Sam Cook (16)
Simon Harmer (11)
Dan Lawrence (28)
Jamie Porter (44)
Neil Wagner (13)
Tom Westley (21)
Adam Wheater (31)
Ashar Zaidi (99)

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I understand that Wood is a decent bloke but I must admit that something similar went through my mind....I wonder how Ball,S Curran and Overton view the issue...?

Then again,I think that the IPL causes more problems for English cricket than it is worth.... :)

DD.....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”