To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Home Media: Sky/Virgin/BT et al

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Home Media: Sky/Virgin/BT et al

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Ive been a Sky customer for manys a year but its frustrating for Sky to want to charge me £27.99 a month on top of my £80pm for BT Sports which seems to have the bulk of the Tottenham games. Sky are usually pretty good to deal with but I find myself in their mid 36mb broadband deal (but getting like 19mb) and with a box that they are writign to me saying is out of warranty and I should take insurance (My Dads packed in recently too). Im paying £80pm for a basic TV package & Sky Sports PL.

Seems to be similarly difficult getting the Sky SPorts PL included in a BT package for reasonable cash too (The providers do seem to like price penalising us footie fans??)

I can get (up to) 300mb with Virgin (Speed TBC - must be better than 19mb). all the HD channels, Movie channels, all the channels inc all Sky Sports and All BT Sports for £88pm so Ive plumped for this. Sky are usually pretty easy to deal with but by comparison I was going to have to ask for a new (Q) box, faster broadband, BT Sports for a fair amount less given Virgin is 6 times the speed and with all the movie channels too for similar money. I didnt fancy my chances.

How do you find your own Home Media providers?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: Home Media: Sky/Virgin/BT et al

Post by Vid »

Found Virgin Media quite stable for some time now, not cheap admittedly, but with 2PCs and a tab running constantly, the VT6 box is better than anything previous (needs a reboot every once in a while), all channels that are going including Sky & BT, works for me and a 5yo on her 3rd film of the morning. £16/17 monthly for a phone line we never use. Usually at most renewals the missus gets around £20/ month knocked off to keep our custom, not that we'd seriously consider changing providers.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Vid wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 11:51 Found Virgin Media quite stable for some time now, not cheap admittedly, but with 2PCs and a tab running constantly, the VT6 box is better than anything previous (needs a reboot every once in a while), all channels that are going including Sky & BT, works for me and a 5yo on her 3rd film of the morning. £16/17 monthly for a phone line we never use. Usually at most renewals the missus gets around £20/ month knocked off to keep our custom, not that we'd seriously consider changing providers.
Presumably not The Godfather trilogy?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

If you're due a phone upgrade soon, take a look at what EE are currently offering. I've just got free BT Sports through their App for my entire 2 year contract and I just connect my phone to our TV using an HDMI cable. Sorted.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Tacalabala wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 11:56
Vid wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 11:51 Found Virgin Media quite stable for some time now, not cheap admittedly, but with 2PCs and a tab running constantly, the VT6 box is better than anything previous (needs a reboot every once in a while), all channels that are going including Sky & BT, works for me and a 5yo on her 3rd film of the morning. £16/17 monthly for a phone line we never use. Usually at most renewals the missus gets around £20/ month knocked off to keep our custom, not that we'd seriously consider changing providers.
Presumably not The Godfather trilogy?
They'd need to rework it as cartoons with singing for her to be interested :-)

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Maldini wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 12:02 If you're due a phone upgrade soon, take a look at what EE are currently offering. I've just got free BT Sports through their App for my entire 2 year contract and I just connect my phone to our TV using an HDMI cable. Sorted.
Thats interesting - I'd previously noted there would be no TV Support/Cast Support - wouldn't have thought a workaround was that easy!

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Good to hear Vid considering they'll be my new providers! Ill make a mental note to reboot occasionally and considering the price hikes from £88pm to £125pm after a year Ill need to diary up a phone call to keep my custom!!

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

I'm with sky I pay 65 a month for everything bar movies and bt sport but the old man has that so use his log in through the iPad and just connect to the tv have been tempted by virgin tho always receive offers through the post saying what I'm entitled to

Sent from my VFD 510 using Tapatalk

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Its all too similar to dissuade you from switching.

I got a great deal from Sky last year which significantly jumped in price so I had to chop some services.

Seem to think i pay

Sky £55 and BT around £40

Thats the Sky tv in HD (if thats still an add on) & all Sky Sports channels, BT Sport (non-HD), landline and one of our mobiles too.

Although I am now on an 18month BT contract which means the two providers are out of synch, so might balls up my negotiating position (we don't have Virgin available to us).

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Martin Lewis is a useful resource for checking on deals in your own area.

https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com ... 1509540646

tf7
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Looking For Improvement, perhaps the FISO experts can guide me along the way?

Post by tf7 »

Get yourself a firestick, then PM me

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”