To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mp3 editing

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Mp3 editing

Post by Spinynorman »

I would like to be able to merge and fade out mp3 music files. There seems to be a few downloads out there that claim to be able to do this but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of them or any recommendations?

Cheers. :)

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Re: Mp3 editing

Post by quizking »

Audacity, with LAME encoder - I've used it for work for years, works with all other formats too

https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

I'll give it a try. Thank you. :)

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Another vote for Audacity here too. Brilliant to work with.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Good to know that it is rated but at the moment it just looks huge and scary. :shock:

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Spinynorman wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 10:17 Good to know that it is rated but at the moment it just looks huge and scary. :shock:
It can be. I've done full blown remixes and edits with it, but for what you asked for you can ignore 90% of the features. Load one tune into one track, load the next tune into another. Put fade in and fade out effects at the relevant ends and adjust the start point of the second track to taste.

After that, don't be afraid to experiment though. The "undo" function is there for the purpose!

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Mystery wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 12:30
Spinynorman wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 10:17 Good to know that it is rated but at the moment it just looks huge and scary. :shock:
It can be. I've done full blown remixes and edits with it, but for what you asked for you can ignore 90% of the features. Load one tune into one track, load the next tune into another. Put fade in and fade out effects at the relevant ends and adjust the start point of the second track to taste.

After that, don't be afraid to experiment though. The "undo" function is there for the purpose!

Many thanks for that.

Hopefully I will be able to tackle the problem you get when two tracks flow into each other on an album but they get separated into two mp3 files.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”