To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT Onz

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: RMT Onz 20/21

Post by Oxford NZ »

T Silva to Saiss done, it was a close thing between Saiss and Coady. More people seem to be going Coady so Saiss was just to be different.
Not planning a hit this GW but I could easily be persuaded :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I doubt that it's worth it, unless you want the player for a fair few weeks....

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Oxford NZ wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 01:41 Ended up adding Cancelo to Doherty for another -4. Hits do not count in the 5AS and first GW of each round of the Divisional champs :mrgreen:
Ouch!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 22:40 I doubt that it's worth it, unless you want the player for a fair few weeks....
WC31 so just a 1 week punt :) and to get an extra BGW player

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Oxford NZ wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 22:46
blahblah wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 22:40 I doubt that it's worth it, unless you want the player for a fair few weeks....
In theory the hit is 2 points less as the sold player definitely won't start, unlike a normal GW where you should have 11 getting at least 2 points...

I'm on FH and see little to tempt me 😂🤣

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 23:01
Oxford NZ wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 22:46
In theory the hit is 2 points less as the sold player definitely won't start, unlike a normal GW where you should have 11 getting at least 2 points...

I'm on FH and see little to tempt me 😂🤣
Playing 10 is probably my best option but do I have the best 10? The shotgun approach by having 11 ( for a hit) gives better odds of having a player that scores, this could backfire dramatically like a blunderbuss with a damp squid up the barrel.
the fixtures are not great and I have a hospital visit coming up so I should be able to resist :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Just concentrate on annoying the nurses 👏👏👏

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

WC deployed :)
My first draft 0.2 itb
Pope (Ramsdale)
Robertson, Cancello, Rudiger, Keane ( Livramento)
Salah, Ziyech, Brownhill, Kulu ( ESR)
Kane. Lacazette, ( Adams)

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

Hi Oxford,

Good luck already with your wildcard. Will definitely be a busy IB with wildcarding and setting up the Eliteserien team😃.

What other chips do you have left?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Stormrider wrote: 19 Mar 2022, 11:09 Hi Oxford,

Good luck already with your wildcard. Will definitely be a busy IB with wildcarding and setting up the Eliteserien team😃.

What other chips do you have left?
The WC is the last chip. I used the BB GW1

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

WC so far
0.4 itb
Pope ( Foster)
Robertson, Cancelo, Rudiger, ( Keane, Livramento)
Salah, Ziyech, Brownhill, Kulu ( ESR)
Kane. Lacazette, DCL

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Re: RMT Onz

Post by Oxford NZ »

FPL GW1 only a couple of weeks away an I have butchered my starting squad to accommodate and early BB ( GW2 or 3) and WC. In order to do this starting with no Mo ( Salah) seems logical. There are lots of captain options in the first few weeks so not having him does not seem such a big issue atm.
Greenwood looks likely to not be a Leeds player and the next best that I have seen value for money will be Broja at 5.5 if he goes to The Hammers.
Neco at 4.0 if he starts will be OK for a BB and bench fodder after that.
Not really happy yet with the balance of the squad but will likely set up a template 442 after the BB with the WC, this squad only need to perform for three GW's
Chilwell over James is one that could change.
0.0 itb
Any comments appreciated.
1 GW.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Oxford NZ on 19 Jul 2022, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

If you're BBing then the 3 biggies may be too many?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

I am sort of OK with the balance with the big 3. Murphy to Andreas who is great value at 4.5 for GW 2 or 3 so will bring him in net time I play with the squad

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

RMT Onz

Post by Oxford NZ »

I almost forgot this existed as too busy doing admin over the last few seasons, and posting ( meddling) on others rmt threads.
Not planning a WC just yet but the squad is loosing value in a couple of places and there are wants and fomo players required.
I have sold the injury issues Shaw and Stones and made a knee jerk third transfer to bring in Ederson for Pickford

Notes for self.

Squad atm ( mid gw3) 100.9 sv, 1.5 itb 134k but part way through the GW with the captain gone on Jackson (7x2) no Salah or pool, city coverage other than Ederson and a single Haaland.

Goal keepers
Ederson - is over priced for my liking, clean sheet and appearance points, with no chance of save or bonus. Just brought in as cover until my brain cell started working for a WC1 ( gw6-8!)
Leno - brought in for the BB GW1 and produced, with out his points the BB would have been tame.
WC keepers are likely Sanchez and Areola. The price is right atm. Onana was never a pick I wanted.

Defenders
Saliba, Chilwell, Botman, Estupiñan and Colwil
Colwil - came in to replace Stones and had a good fixture or three, the price was right but needs to be considered on WC as he blocks a 3rd Chelsea place.
Sabiba - Arsenal cover and could be non essential. Could become Trippier soon, as the fixtures change Trippier will be essential.
Chilwell - Monitor Chelsea and James recovery. The best Chelsea defender for value could be Theago, who will score bonus points if Chelsea get a no score draw, has a small amount of attacking treat and gets clean sheet points. he is old and should be rotated, but seems essential atm. The new Chelsea DM should cover him.
Botman - brought in to cover the Shaw injury and cover a bench place atm. see note above re Trippier.
Estupiñan - too expensive as a bench player and served his purpose. Probably gone for a City defender on WC.

Mids
Martinelli, Saka, Bruno, Richarlison and Enciso
Enciso - served his purpose and too expensive for the bench
Martinelli - Arsenal mid, with rotation and time issues.
Sterling, JW-P and Foden all candidates to make the squad.
Richarlison - not the system that I was expecting at Spurs. Maddison looking to be of interest but I will take the price changes on the chin and hold Richarlison atm.
Bruno can carry on until WC, Rashford still of interest but no too much.
missing Liverpool and City mids
Forwards
Haaland - dead spot, captain or take a risk. I hate this part of the game.
João Pedro - served his purpose but could be bench 1. Will have to look at this more closely.
N.Jackson - will sell to open up a Chelsea spot soon. keeper, defender and Sterling are of more interest.

All in all, I hate my squad, the WC can not come soon enough. GW8 could be the time.

Random rambling over but to be continued.

arnold
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 top 20 finish in daily star season long comp

Post by arnold »

This a nice surprise for me i did not know you had ever done a RMT before but i understand why it has not been updated since i joined Fiso . I will have look at some of your old posts when i have more time . I will also look to see if Blah has has done any more RMT as well from years ago . I wish more people did them i know hard for the likes of Andy and TT yourself and other people who run these great side games but there lots who could do them.

Close game in the Arnold Invational between yourself and SP would not like to predict the winner of that game i wish good luck to both of you,

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Welcome back 🤣

Yep to most of the above, although Ederson might get a few Assists this season and I'd avoid a Toon double up atb until you've seen the effect of the CL on their Prem results.

Also, Jesus might be the key to unlock Martinelli's points?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

WC activated for the International break. Too many players injured, falling in price and Chelsea imploding.

Current thinking.
Keep Leno and play him GW 5 at home to Luton and go for the cut price Areola who should be good for some save points along with the odd clean sheet.
Defence
I am going to play Pep roulette and have a City defender. Walker or Ake seem likely atm but, could be anyone before deadline.
Keeping Chilwell and swapping Colwill for Udogie will give me Walker, chilwell, udogie, Estupiñan and Cash
Mids
Maddison, Saka, Bruno F, will ( could) be joined by Ward-Prowse ( or Bowen) and Mbeumo

Forwards are more tricky, The city double up is tempting giving
Haaland, G Jesus and J.Alvarez

Will monitor price closely and try and pick up a couple of double price changes before settling on a squad. Also looking to see what happens with Salah and if he goes or, becomes essential.
lots to think about, the squad as above leaves 0.4 itb and costs 100.7 at todays prices.

arnold
Grumpy Old Man

Post by arnold »

It is going to be a very strong squad oxford if you do pick most if not all of those players on your wildcard not going to be easy to select a starting X1 most weeks. SP will probably like it as he prefers a lot of good bench players . Not easy games for JWP and Bowen in the next few weeks.

My laptop went funny late last night this morning my sleep button has disappeared the pages are massive compared to yesterday they are that big
i can"t even see who i am playing in the fiso cup without trying to drag the page accross. The buttons on the bottom of laptop have also got bigger any idea what has happened i thought it had broke last night but obviously it came back on but no idea where the sleep button has gone ?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Hi ONZ
I think there’s a risk of chasing last week’s points rather than setting up for future game weeks.
For example, Newcastle have a really marked fixture swing. It doesn’t have to be Trippier, but I’d anticipate any wildcard from now to include at least one Newcastle player (forget the mauling from Brighton, they’re special).

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy Paw wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 09:19 (forget the mauling from Brighton, they’re special).
Which special is that? Is it like the special needs befitting Everton? 🤔🤣

arnold
Grumpy Old Man

Post by arnold »

blahblah wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 11:06
Smurphy Paw wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 09:19 (forget the mauling from Brighton, they’re special).
Would not be surprised if Everton beat Arsenal in week 5 at home and everybody will be buying Everton players in week 6

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

arnold wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 11:29
Would not be surprised if Everton beat Arsenal in week 5 at home and everybody will be buying Everton players in week 6

Was thinking the same, at least the first part. Somehow have a 2:0 scoreline in mind, but probably that is just wishful thinking :lol:.

However, don't think there will be a run on Everton players anytime soon, unless Beto starts like a rocket. Or who else would you see a lot of people could be interested in?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Leno, Areola
Walker/Ake, Chilwell, Estupiñan, Udogie, Cash
Saka, Bruno, Maddison Ward-Prowse/Bowen, Mbeumo
Haaland, G Jesus, J.Alvarez

I think I've tidied it up correctly.

You used a lot of different words for why not have Ederson, who will play more than any Citeh defender?

It looks like a pre BB squad to me, but with Haaland being the only viable expensive player then there isn't the usual benefit of an Archer. Btw, this is why the early BB was a mistake this season: it's too easy to have a viable 15 players all season.

That means that "who to bench", which I loathe, is going to be a weekly issue for nearly all the active managers. The exceptions will be those brave/stupid enough to have Archer or a 4.5 mid as a perma sub and possibly have at least 1m itb all season.* If you're happy deciding which of those front 8 to bench, then it looks fine without having looked at the fixtures, beyond putting off JWP/Bowen off for a GW or 2, but then that bod could be benched.

Defence is also a nightmare this season with even less CSes than last: 13 (plus today) to 21 last season, which I think was lower than previously. My current idea is to go for ones likely to get attacking points and decide who to play on fixtures ie their likelihood to score.

Regarding Newcastle, I can understand people rating them based on last season and Howe's half of the one before. However, I'm disagreeing for quite a few reasons, including any fixture easing being countered by the CL starting and Howe not having a full week to prepare, which he hasn't had in the Prem before.

*I should apologise to Arnold for banging the Archer drum, although I did also mention the likes of Foster as a viable starting option, rather than a perma sub.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stormrider wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 11:46

Was thinking the same, at least the first part. Somehow have a 2:0 scoreline in mind, but probably that is just wishful thinking :lol:.

However, don't think there will be a run on Everton players anytime soon, unless Beto starts like a rocket. Or who else would you see a lot of people could be interested in?
Indeed to Arse, but we're in the realm of bogey teams/grounds rather than anything substantive.

arnold
Grumpy Old Man

Post by arnold »

blahblah wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 12:16 Leno, Areola
Walker/Ake, Chilwell, Estupiñan, Udogie, Cash
Saka, Bruno, Maddison Ward-Prowse/Bowen, Mbeumo
Haaland, G Jesus, J.Alvarez

I think I've tidied it up correctly.

You used a lot of different words for why not have Ederson, who will play more than any Citeh defender?

It looks like a pre BB squad to me, but with Haaland being the only viable expensive player then there isn't the usual benefit of an Archer. Btw, this is why the early BB was a mistake this season: it's too easy to have a viable 15 players all season.

That means that "who to bench", which I loathe, is going to be a weekly issue for nearly all the active managers. The exceptions will be those brave/stupid enough to have Archer or a 4.5 mid as a perma sub and possibly have at least 1m itb all season.* If you're happy deciding which of those front 8 to bench, then it looks fine without having looked at the fixtures, beyond putting off JWP/Bowen off for a GW or 2, but then that bod could be benched.

Defence is also a nightmare this season with even less CSes than last: 13 (plus today) to 21 last season, which I think was lower than previously. My current idea is to go for ones likely to get attacking points and decide who to play on fixtures ie their likelihood to score.

Regarding Newcastle, I can understand people rating them based on last season and Howe's half of the one before. However, I'm disagreeing for quite a few reasons, including any fixture easing being countered by the CL starting and Howe not having a full week to prepare, which he hasn't had in the Prem before.

*I should apologise to Arnold for banging the Archer drum, although I did also mention the likes of Foster as a viable starting option, rather than a perma sub.
Your allowed to recommend anybody you like Blah and thanks for the tip but i expect most people will not play Archer in weeks when all 20 teams have games that week or at least until he scores a lot more goals a bit like Andreas last season for example.

I personally would not have any outfield player in my squad that i would never consider picking in my starting X1 on normal weeks this week it was slightly harder for me as Archer was playing Everton but i knew it was the right thing for me to do even if he had only scored 2 points because i was not confident either Brighton or Newcastle would keep a clean sheet but in the end Brighton got very close and i nearly got Estupinian clean sheet of the bench.

arnold
Grumpy Old Man

Post by arnold »

Stormrider wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 11:46

Danjuma i think he could be like Richarlison was for Everton he was my 3rd choice this week if i had chosen a player to replace Iwobi for 6.0 or less my first choice was JWP 2nd Sarr. Danjuma was in my squad a few days before week 1 started but he went off injured in the last pre season game so i put Iwobi in instead who was the same price at that time. I think Branthwaite as 5th defender 4.0 is a decent option for occasional starts now he has got in the team. Lots of people still have Pickford .

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Stormrider wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 11:46However, don't think there will be a run on Everton players anytime soon, unless Beto starts like a rocket.
Looked like Everton dragged Beto down to their level rather than him elevating them in attack.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Magic wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 15:02
Stormrider wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 11:46However, don't think there will be a run on Everton players anytime soon, unless Beto starts like a rocket.
Looked like Everton dragged Beto down to their level rather than him elevating them in attack.
Let's give him some time :). got him in in Draft, slim picking there and I wanted to replace Maupay :lol:

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Stormrider wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 15:29I wanted to replace Maupay :lol:
I imagine Brighton and Everton both felt that way. Won't be long before Brentford do as well.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”