To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Regulars Draft League

A forum for all Draft FPL Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users).
wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Re: FISO Regulars Draft League

Post by wahine »

yes Ruth NZ and apart from Kane who's crocked - my team looks awful on paper.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Well, kind of maybe. But that's what's enjoyable about a 10-team draft; we are all forced to dig around in the bargain basement bin. Can actually help in FPL too because it causes you to spread the net wider.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Joccki replaced Rodriguez with Deeney, another manager hoping to take advantage of Watford's nice mini-run. Deeney has been in and out of the team this season and has only scored one goal (a penalty), but if he's won back his starting spot he could be an excellent pick.

Never again.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Joccki_10 wrote: 31 Oct 2017, 21:28
Pirlo's Beard wrote:Joccki replaced Rodriguez with Deeney, another manager hoping to take advantage of Watford's nice mini-run. Deeney has been in and out of the team this season and has only scored one goal (a penalty), but if he's won back his starting spot he could be an excellent pick.

Never again.

Sorry Joccki, that last part should have read "...but if he can control his maniacal urge to crush the skulls of opposition midfielders like a demented lunatic from some horror film, he could be an excellent pick."

My bad.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

GW11 Waivers

First things first. MoSe is getting better but he is still malingering in hospital and charming the nurses. Well, he calls it charming. Between themselves they call it something else. :wink:

So, today's activity:

• MoSe got wahine's Fernandinho in for Phillips. As if he doesn't already have enough good players. :shock:
  • Wahine brought Gomez and Dier in for Tarkowski and Xhaka. Giroud is doing well for her but unfortunately only in the EFL Cup and Europa League. :roll:
  • Deeney has been taking pottery lessons as an anger management technique but unfortunately he mistook Allen for a lump of clay that needed moulding last weekend, he obviously hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. Anyway, Joccki has decided enough is enough and having failed to get Sturridge switched him for Diouf, taking Antonio for Brady at the same time in a somewhat inexplicable (sorry, brilliant) move.
  • PB went waiver crazy this week and stacked up something like 84 requests; he managed to make 4 switches including beating Joccki to the punch with Sturridge as well as adding Demarai Gray, Hoedt and J-Rod.
  • TopMarx went for Naughton and Ayew in order to cover himself in the event of a 5-0 Swansea win. :lol:
  • Mo Bot has only made 3 transactions all season but he has bigger fish to fry of course. 8-)
  • It's not clear whether snakzz realises that transfers in Draft don't cost you points. :?: He hasn't made a single one yet anyway and has clearly not discovered the delights of poking around in the free agent bin on a Friday (which is a very therapeutic activity and much to be recommended).
  • And RNZ has added Aurier and Ince to his constellation of players cast off by others.
MoSe leads by 51 points. He ought to be playing with a handicap really. :mrgreen:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 03 Nov 2017, 12:20 PB went waiver crazy this week and stacked up something like 84 requests

Seven actually. The exact same number as you, and one less than you made last week. :wink:

As I said last week, I've been languishing Stoke-like in mid-table for ages now. This is the only way to inject a bit of fun into proceedings. I have a core of season-keepers (Alli, Coutinho, Maguire, Mané, Valencia, Zlatan (I was on that particular train before the train was even built :lol:)). The rest I'm happy to take gambles on each week to see if it will boost my position at all, swapping them in and out and taking fixture-based punts.

I was a bit annoyed to miss out on both of the Swansea players I tried to get (Ayew and Naughton), in the end settling for a fairly wild punt on Jay Rodriguez (welcome back :roll:) away to Huddersfield and doubling up on the Saints defence with Hoedt (and Bertrand) at home to Burnley. A quick check of Paddy Power's clean sheet odds has Southampton the only team odds-on for a shutout this weekend. That said, Southampton aren't so good as to be completely trustworthy and Burnley are more dangerous on the road than they were last season, so I'm fully expecting to see that double-cleanie busted within about 14 minutes of kick-off tomorrow. :D

Ruth_NZ wrote: 03 Nov 2017, 12:20PB [...] managed to make 4 switches including beating Joccki to the punch with Sturridge

In your face, Joccki! IN! YOUR! FACE! :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

Ruth_NZ wrote: 03 Nov 2017, 12:20 Joccki has decided enough is enough and having failed to get Sturridge switched him for Diouf, taking Antonio for Brady at the same time in a somewhat inexplicable (sorry, brilliant) move.

Saw that, scratched my own head very hard too. :lol: Antonio had been weighing my team down for ages when I cast him off a couple of weeks ago. I'm perfectly happy to let him do the same to dear old Joccki.
Last edited by Pirlo's Beard on 03 Nov 2017, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Seven actually. The exact same number as you, and one less than you made last week. :wink:

Editorial license, PB. :P Plus, I have this thing where when there is more than 5 of something my ability to estimate gets a bit out of whack. :mrgreen:

PS: Does anyone want Joselu? I'd like to drop him but as his current manager I feel it may crush his already fragile confidence to be left unwanted in the free agent pool. :o

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 03 Nov 2017, 15:29 PS: Does anyone want Joselu? I'd like to drop him but as his current manager I feel it may crush his already fragile confidence to be left unwanted in the free agent pool. :o

I'd have happily had him this week or in GW13, but not in GW12 with United (A). Curse your timing. :lol:

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

yeah i keep looking at a Giroud replacement but dont seem to find any that wont be bench warmers anyway for me, so there he stays -i will look at it next week, maybe
dont forget i had all these great teams when the drafts all went wrong for the rest of you, then I wasnt there when you guys picked the teeth out of it in my absence so I got left with what the computer came up with, but I do have Harry and hes back but lesson 1 will always be - you have to be there.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

wahine wrote:...yeah i keep looking at a Giroud replacement but don't seem to find any that wont be bench warmers anyway for me...

You need a striker that plays every week. For example, I have Joselu. 8-) :P

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: 03 Nov 2017, 12:20PB [...] managed to make 4 switches including beating Joccki to the punch with Sturridge

In your face, Joccki! IN! YOUR! FACE! :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

You Irish *^##}*{%... :( :(

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: 03 Nov 2017, 12:20 Joccki has decided enough is enough and having failed to get Sturridge switched him for Diouf, taking Antonio for Brady at the same time in a somewhat inexplicable (sorry, brilliant) move.

Saw that, scratched my own head very hard too. :lol: Antonio had been weighing my team down for ages when I cast him off a couple of weeks ago. I'm perfectly happy to let him do the same to dear old Joccki.

Anton(i)o what happened there... Must have been a FPL mistake! I want my money back! :oops:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

I get Deeney. He gets suspended.

I want Sturridge. He is picked just before me.

I pick Diouf. He plays as a wide back.

Amazing.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Shaq Attack!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:Shaq Attack!

Holy Mother, surely you don't have him as well? :? :(

Edit: He does. His team is so good he can afford to bench DDG, David Luiz and Fernandinho. :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 04 Nov 2017, 15:00
MoSe wrote:Shaq Attack!

Holy Mother, surely you don't have him as well? :? :(

Edit: He does. His team is so good he can afford to bench DDG, David Luiz and Fernandinho. :lol:

Kick him out! :lol:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Who snapped up Benteke before I had the chance to do so? :roll:

And by the way, you’re doing a great job picking Liverpool players, PB. Sturridge was a wonderful call and Matip - now injured - as well. :oops:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Joccki_10 wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 00:46 And by the way, you’re doing a great job picking Liverpool players, PB. Sturridge was a wonderful call and Matip - now injured - as well. :oops:

What?? Matip's not flagged. Did he injure himself getting out of bed for a midnight snack? :lol:

I also like how you're trying to conveniently ignore the fact you tried to sign Sturridge last week too. :wink:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

That’s the only reason I mentioned him. ;)

My starting eleven actually looks pretty good this week.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Zeegelaar. 8-) 8-) 8-)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

I was seeking a replacement for the hopeless Perez, I was dallying between JRod, Rondon or Depoitre, chose JRod, then a colleague came to ask me something, and when after 1 minute I went to Confirm, it said someone else had taken him, that I had to "amend my proposed transfer" :x

Well, should JRod perform well, I'll fwd you my colleague address, so you can send her some appropiate gift.
I suggest a Hello-Kitty drill, as her name means "Pink Drills" in english

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Whoever you got instead will score, MoSe, that's the rule of this league.

My team was abysmal last week and I have slumped to 4th behind Joccki. Joccki of all people. :oops: :roll:

My team looks pretty ragged this week as well. I don't know who has got all the good players, wahine maybe. :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Wazza Öp?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Another week of "meh". This Draft thing is a slog. A sometimes enjoyably diverting slog, but a slog nevertheless.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

oh if only i was patient i should have kept Giroud LOL

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

wahine wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 06:13 oh if only i was patient i should have kept Giroud LOL

I should have kept Ashley Young! :lol:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 12:18
wahine wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 06:13 oh if only i was patient i should have kept Giroud LOL

I should have kept Ashley Young! :lol:

I'm sure that if wahine hadn't mentioned Giroud on here, you wouldn't have brought him in, PB. You bastardo. Again. :roll: :roll:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Joccki_10 wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 12:51 I'm sure that if wahine hadn't mentioned Giroud on here, you wouldn't have brought him in, PB.

Yes, completely inconceivable that I'm able to read the names of players on the "Available" list. :lol:

No need for jealousy anyway, Joccki. You're doing much better than me.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

:roll:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 12:51 I'm sure that if wahine hadn't mentioned Giroud on here, you wouldn't have brought him in, PB.

Yes, completely inconceivable that I'm able to read the names of players on the "Available" list. :lol:

No need for jealousy anyway, Joccki. You're doing much better than me.

:) :) :)

I’ve heard he is your Sturridge 2.0 :oops:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Benched Schmeichel and played Mignolet... :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft Mini-Leagues & Side Games”