To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Test Draft

FPL Draft format starting in 2017/18
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: FISO Test Draft

Post by Stemania »

Beerfuelledman wrote:
Stemania wrote:I've set up a quick short notice practice for 5pm today.

League code 34967-11130.

Anyone feel free to join (even if you've already done one), even if it's only 4/5 it'd be good to see the dynamic. :D
I found the issue - I copied the "." after Stems league code.
Ha, cheers,

I've currently set the limit to 10 (4 in already) as I think any more than that will make it too tough.

Stemania
beerfueledman
robot
bspittles

If there's more interest than that we can always have two concurrent ones. :D

biglebowski
Kevin and Perry

Post by biglebowski »

Hi there, i'm also in.

yorkshiredragon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yorkshiredragon »

Count me in

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

FISO Test Draft 2 (Limit 10 people, but can be altered/a second league created if necessary):

Today @ 5pm: League code 34967-11130

Stemania
beerfueledman
robot
bspittles
biglebowski
yorkshiredragon

biglebowski
Kevin and Perry

Post by biglebowski »

Stemania wrote:I've set up a quick short notice practice for 5pm today.

League code 34967-11130

Anyone feel free to join (even if you've already done one), even if it's only 4/5 it'd be good to see the dynamic. :D

Edit: Edited out the dot.
Even if i understand this is only meant as a practice, it may be interesting to let it run (i mean not delete the league afterwards). We may have to cope with players moving away from EPL, others coming etc. And i like when things become complicated, but maybe that's just me :)

Jok57
FISOhead
FS Record: 11th overall OFL Classic 2014/15. Ist Fiso league OFL 2016/17.2nd Cheap as chips 2017/18.( by 1 point).

Post by Jok57 »

Will give it a go

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

I'm in.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

FISO Test Draft 2 (Limit 10 people, but can be altered/a second league created if necessary):

Today @ 5pm: League code 34967-11130

Stemania
beerfueledman
robot
bspittles
biglebowski
yorkshiredragon
Jok57
dino1980

Great, we're up to 8.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Well, that was fun.

Here's our league data on Mav's site:

https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/DraftLeague/11130

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Going mid draft compared to an end did seem harder compared to last night, not so pleased with the final team.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Draft 1st go.png
Some points of learning.

1) I went first. I took Kane, by the time it was my go again there were no good forwards left :lol:
2) Everyone filled from the front back. I got Alonso but no one picked a DEF for a few rounds
3) I have 4 from Spurs. No team limit.
4) Having Courtois already I picked Cabellero for the 'club' backup. I might have been better picking a better keeper to stop my opponents getting them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I'm quite happy with mine, though relies a lot on Arsenal's attack. I was 6th and by my third pick (first two from the already dwindling striker selection) all feasible Spurs, City, Liverpool and Chelsea mids seemed to had gone. The drop-off was quicker than I expected.

I would guess a lot of 532's and 442's would be inevitable when picking a team:

Foster, Fabianski
Milner, Kompany, Vertonghen, Baines, Cedric
Ozil, Siggy, Ramsey, Ayew, Ritchie
Lacazette, Defoe, Gayle.

Managed two good rotating GKs with the final two picks though, and a pretty nice defence (though I think a few of us got a great back 5). It's fairly annoying to see the guy at the top of your watchlist get picked immediately before your turn btw. :lol:

Turns out I did, STR, STR, MID, MID, STR, MID, DEF, DEF, DEF, DEF, MID, DEF, MID, GK, GK.

yorkshiredragon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yorkshiredragon »

Heaton, Hennessey
Azpilicueta,Cahill,Luiz,Keane,Mertesacker
Alli,Coutinho,Klaassen,Zaha,Arnautovic
Costa,Benteke,Gabbiadini

Picking 7th I didn't have much choice with forwards so Went for a Big Midfield,The block Chelsea defence wasn't in my thinking at the start but gives me food for thought.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I used the test to try different parts of the system, rather than experimenting with players.

Once you have filled a position, any players on your watchlist in that position are hidden, which is good.

You can reorder the watchlist during the draft BUT it doesn't affect any automatic picks. That was surprising and might catch you out!

I only had four defender slots until I selected my last defender.

The problem with choosing a 15 man squad is that the last person on the first round is also the last person on the final round. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;-)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

bspittles wrote: You can reorder the watchlist during the draft BUT it doesn't affect any automatic picks. That was surprising and might catch you out!
Wha? That seems silly to me if true. Or even a bug.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

bspittles wrote:Once you have filled a position, any players on your watchlist in that position are hidden, which is good.
It was definately a worthwhile learning exercise.
yorkshiredragon wrote:Picking 7th I didn't have much choice with forwards so Went for a Big Midfield,The block Chelsea defence wasn't in my thinking at the start but gives me food for thought.
Given that the draft order isnt know until the draft begins it would be worthwhile having 3 strategies depending on whether you are first middle or last in a draft?? :idea:

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

I think with the defensive talent pool the deepest of the outfield spots then unless you're hell bent on getting Alonso (or similar) then you can afford to wait until at least round seven before even thinking about drafting a defender.

It also means that you can be a bit punty with your fourth and/or fifth mid in ny opinion. So taking a City option like Bernando Silva or Son or even Barkley comes into play. Basically a player with a higher ceiling than any left but a lower floor than the other options left at that stage e.g. Redmond, Ayew etc.

You've got the security of a decent back four to fall back on should they be duds and even some talent left in the free agents pool.

Anyway, from third pick I drafted the below. A few marginal calls along the way. Would've probably drafted Sanchez instead of Kun in the first round if his future was clear. Was delighted to get Hazard in round two at pick 14. My final pick of Blind was very much with a 'streaming' tactic in mind as I think he'lol start the season but likely loose his place once Shaw is back.

Ederson/Mingolet
Valencia/Rose/Clyde/Daniels/Blind
Hazard/Mahrez/Antonio/B.Silva/Redmond
Aguero/Vardy/King

I don't have time tonight but tomorrow for a pointless exercise I'll run the eight teams thru the FFS projections tool and see what it spits out.

Jok57
FISOhead
FS Record: 11th overall OFL Classic 2014/15. Ist Fiso league OFL 2016/17.2nd Cheap as chips 2017/18.( by 1 point).

Post by Jok57 »

I was Second, caught me a bit unawares as wasn't 100% sure where to look on the screen. My watchlist definitely helped.As I went for 3 forwards first had the wait for a late pick on the snake 4th time round, so missed out on my preferred mids!! But didn't do to bad.
Cech Lloris Moses Matip monreal Shaw Evans William Fabregas lallana sterling Yaya. Lukaku rashford batshuayi

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Alright guys, who took Jaku in the first round? :lol:

I'd love to do a test draft some time, but I simply don't have the time. I made far too many holiday plans for this year. :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

You guys did a 60s timer? How did you find that? Being near the top of the draft (3rd) I found the quick turnaround picks to be a bit trickier and needed the full 90s toward the end.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

We did 90 seconds and that to me seemed short at certain points. One time I didn't realise it was me until 40 seconds left as I was looking through the other teams and they had raced through a particular round of picks! :mrgreen:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I do find all the time spent wasted on the forum etc thinking about different players does help when quick decisions need to be made. I think FISO veterans would do fine with knowledge seeped in over the pre-season but an undercooked casual will get destroyed in a draft won't they? In some ways, they'd be better off with the auto pick!

It seems that there may be a work draft league for me this year, if there is, it might actually be even more like shooting fish in a barrel than normal FPL? Or do we think that the post-draft waiver process over 38 weeks will close the gap enough?

I can see myself playing two or three gameweeks ahead and siphoning off the free agents I want before others realise about fixture swings or DGWs etc.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Stemania wrote:We did 90 seconds and that to me seemed short at certain points.
I found 8 x 90secs (ish) + my own 90 secs bags of time. I had my.ywo choices nailed well in advance of my go??

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Apart from a hastily clicked watchlist of the usual suspects (most of whom in mid/att had gone by round 3) I was basically doing it on the fly. Perhaps that made me feel more time pressured.

I agree all the FISO prep for fpl should be an advantage (in the team I ended up with the midpricers were basically the ones we've talked about). But, we've got to be careful I think; in fpl our instinct is to see players favourably if they are good value, but here it's all about raw points.

A player we have in our heads as a 'good' pick from fpl prep may be inferior to an 'fpl-overpriced bad pick' in the draft game. I was finding that tough with my midfield picks - I ended up with Ramsey, Ayew and Ritchie, but there may have been better 'raw points' potential picks about.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Stemania, this - and yes its difficult to forget the planning around the FPL game we have been used to,
so in Draft you will probably have 5 good defenders you can rotate without considering price or rotation
thats nice...
and apparently not limited to 3 players per team,
thats useful information which we need to remember when drafting or setting up a watch list.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

Mav3rick wrote:I do find all the time spent wasted on the forum etc thinking about different players does help when quick decisions need to be made. I think FISO veterans would do fine with knowledge seeped in over the pre-season but an undercooked casual will get destroyed in a draft won't they? In some ways, they'd be better off with the auto pick!

It seems that there may be a work draft league for me this year, if there is, it might actually be even more like shooting fish in a barrel than normal FPL? Or do we think that the post-draft waiver process over 38 weeks will close the gap enough?

I can see myself playing two or three gameweeks ahead and siphoning off the free agents I want before others realise about fixture swings or DGWs etc.
Your edge will definitely be magnified in Draft IMO. It's way more hands on so you'll have a far bigger advantage over any casual who turns up on Friday night.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I wasn't around yesterday....anyone fancy yet another practice opportunity today? at say 5pm again? (I'm flexible on time tbh)

Also happy for it to be deleted or kept as a casual league, i really don't mind.

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Can't do today but would be up for one tomorrow?

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

thebillfella wrote:Can't do today but would be up for one tomorrow?
Apologies I can't do one tomorrow night but don't let me stop you. It'd be good if there were daily/ several times a week opportunities for people to try this out to be honest.

Here is the code for the Sundae League: 59732-17675
3 to 8 players
Draft starts at 5pm UK time (3 hours 40 mins from now).
90 seconds for picks.

Bring your ice cream puns if you can be bothered!

If we don't get 3, happy to try later today or a convenient day in the week.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I'll happily give it a second go if it helps provide numbers, but will give priority to those who haven't tried one yet. Will join if your short approaching 5pm. :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft”