To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Bramernic's stats pages - It's goodbye from me

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Re: ** Bramernic's stats pages 2019/20 **

Post by Bramernic »

Darbyand wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 11:30 Any chance of another grid update please? It's the only way I can get my head round this sequence of fixtures.
Of course! I hadn't realised they'd updated another few sets.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

As ever, much appreciated.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Points for week 46 have been updated. Gonna try and keep on top of it as games are almost every day. Hopefully they won't make any errors updating.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Thanks Bramernic, must be a mare with non stop games. Much appreciated as always.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

First half of week 47 now added to points pages, full update on Tuesday.

SamD
FISO Knight

Bramernic stats/fixtures

Post by SamD »

Fixture grid has been updated for EPL rounds 36-37, Tues 14 to Wed 22 July:
https://fantasysports.org.uk/footgrid2. ... =P&extra=N#
Final round of Premier League is scheduled for 4pm, Sun 26 July.

Only remaining fixture, the Heads Up FA Cup Final, is set for Sat 1 Aug.
Kick-off time is to be notified, but it was 5pm last season.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Re: Bramernic's stats pages - It's goodbye from me

Post by Bramernic »

After just over 18 years it's time to draw a line and move on to pastures new.

If I'm honest my mojo for FF died 3-4 years ago. I kept on entering Sam's old work league which justified maintaining the site, but I've needed to be prompted to update fixtures far more times than I feel comfortable with. I even left the points pages long enough to be prodded a couple of times. I've contemplated stopping each of the last 3 summers, but I'd got the setup for a new season quite streamlined and after that it just ran smoothly, so I carried on. However, now Tele have changed to new administrators it's going to be a serious job to get things going, assuming I could. And I've no confidence that the points updates will work until they're available after week 1. I also wonder whether the new assistant manager feature will mean that Tele are less happy for me to continue.

So, with a heavy heart and many happy memories, it's goodbye from me.

The site will remain online for those who may wish to access the historical stats, at least until the domain needs renewing. If you're interested in what I'm up to now, especially if you use public transport in London, then you can find me at https://oyster-rail.org.uk.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Thankyou I am sure your pages will be missed by all, :) and I know you will enjoy all your spare time :D .

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Thanks for all the stuff over the years. It's been an invaluable resource for TFF players.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Bram,

Thanks for all your work over the years. Even when Tele started replicating some of what you did it was never as good as your site. However old school and dated your pages started to look over time they were always far more practical and sensible - and so my first choice.

Your fixture grid remained second to none too.

Enjoy your time off, when it becomes a chore you have to stop.

shtommer
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Nearly man

Post by shtommer »

Thanks so much for all your incredible work over the years. Your site has been the go-to resource for actual meaningful TFF data and will be sorely missed. Enjoy your spare time, you’ve earned it!

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Always a useful data source so will be missed. Thanks for the years of input.

SamD
FISO Knight

Bramernic online

Post by SamD »

Mike, thanks for all your useful work online (and for the phone discussions).

Who'd have guessed that Bramernic Fantasy Sports Pages would grow to its present incarnation from our weekly Excel print-sheets at Lombard in the 1990s?!

You're always welcome to return to the works league, should circumstances change.

All the best, Sam

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

Gold carriage clock moment. Thank you doesn’t really say it. Your site has been invaluable for me over the last 10 years. Thanks for everything Bram and all the best.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Only 18 years...?!!! :shock:
When we're allowed back in I'll stand you a celebratory drink at Beckenham :)

Love the new site by the way!

Torpedo
Cheetah

Post by Torpedo »

Thanks for all your work over the years Bram!

bob
Wideboy

Post by bob »

Bram,

You don’t know me and I don’t know you, however your site was only known to me from using fiso and its previous incarnation, pip something?
I have to say your website was a fantastic source of info, which I used very regularly, mostly for private league efforts. Some of which were profitable!
Thanks again

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Well done for all your efforts Bram, brilliant 'work' for many years. Now with all your free time, you can have your green jacket back, or even a blue one! :D

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

So long and thanks for all the fish, Bramernic. Your site will be sorely missed.

Voohiniz
Kevin and Perry

Post by Voohiniz »

As many others have stated thanks Bram for all the years of hard work. My private league could not have been possible these past 15+ years without your site with the data so easily available to download in to excel.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Aye thanks for effort. As I have previously said your efforts have been a valuable resource over the years

Lucky7s
Dumbledore

Post by Lucky7s »

Thanks Bram for your site, you provided us with an invaluable resource which will be sadly missed, however only you will know when it's time up, so enjoy your free time!

CITY CASUALS
Kevin and Perry

Post by CITY CASUALS »

I have had to re-register on this site just to say how much Bramernic has helped in my fantasy football endeavours.
Your site has been an absolutely invaluable, easy to use, reliable resource and has been my 'secret weapon' for a decade.
I am feeling actual trepidation about having to face the new season without your wonderful stats and fixtures tables to give me a hand however I understand your reasons, thank you for all the years of free help and wish you all the very best for the future.

Bramernic - please take a bow.

Darbyand
FISO Knight

Post by Darbyand »

Hopefully this won't be seen as jumping on Bramernic's grave, more annointing a worthy successor, but ffstuff's site is good. If you create a login you can set the fixture difficulty ratings to match your own opinion. So it becomes a 3 for 0 spotter and fixture difficulty planner in one go. He's got player stats on there too.

https://www.ffstuff.co.uk/FixtureList20 ... T=TFF&L=PL

Voohiniz
Kevin and Perry

Post by Voohiniz »

Darbyand wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 16:17 Hopefully this won't be seen as jumping on Bramernic's grave, more annointing a worthy successor, but ffstuff's site is good. If you create a login you can set the fixture difficulty ratings to match your own opinion. So it becomes a 3 for 0 spotter and fixture difficulty planner in one go. He's got player stats on there too.

Thanks Darbyland, been worried about how easy it was going to be to get the weekly data. Didnt know how easy it was going to be to download the scores in to excel each week from the TFF website.

CITY CASUALS
Kevin and Perry

Post by CITY CASUALS »

Darbyand wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 16:17 Hopefully this won't be seen as jumping on Bramernic's grave, more annointing a worthy successor, but ffstuff's site is good. If you create a login you can set the fixture difficulty ratings to match your own opinion. So it becomes a 3 for 0 spotter and fixture difficulty planner in one go. He's got player stats on there too.

That's great. Thanks very much for that Darbyand.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Bram,
Thank you for your terrific service dating back to providing passwords and the like oh so long ago. Your work inspired me to become very self sufficient with data over time such that I'd probably not used your site in 5 seasons, but I owe a lot of what I worked on to your outstanding service. Thank you again

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Mystery wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 17:53 Bram,
Thank you for your terrific dating service
I know that's not what you wrote but it is what I read!

Anyway, now I am here I'd also like to say a big thanks for your site Bram. It has been invaluable over the years, for spotting good players and 3-for-1s etc. Enjoy your TFF retirement

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

morganb wrote:
Mystery wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 17:53Bram,
Thank you for your terrific dating service
I know that's not what you wrote but it is what I utilised enthusiastically!
Lovely sentiment ;)

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Thank you all very much for the many kind words. Not sure what to make of the dating site comment, but I guess matching the best players to your team could stretch to that concept.

Having looked at the ffstuff website I can see that things are already evolving, which is good. I hope they manage to work out how to load the points each week - they've got further than I did by producing a player list, so fingers crossed.

And a final thought from me. Developers really do get a kick whenever someone hits the donate button. It can often be the adrenaline rush to add that extra new feature. It doesn't matter how large or small the donation is. So if you use sites like ffstuff and they make a difference, don't be shy, a virtual cup of coffee goes a long way.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”