To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
bspittles
Dumbledore

RMT

Post by bspittles »

Never done one before, but I thought it might spark some discussion in the OFL forum :-)
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

menace43
Treebeard
FS Record: 1st in OFL double team 2013-14

Re: RMT

Post by menace43 »

Team looks good, but there are a few players who might not be regular starters: Allen, Lamela and Okazaki.
Liverpool have a lot of midfielders and they just bought Wijnaldum as well.. Lamela wasn't a regular last season and the same goes for Okazaki.
I've not had the chance to look at the pre-season friendlies lineups, but it might be wise to keep an eye on the lineups.

And perhaps swap 1 (or 2) striker(s) for a midfielder to free up some cash for midfield upgrades. Strikers are reasonably overpriced and having two or more strikers will severely limit you options.
Last edited by menace43 on 25 Jul 2016, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Cheers Menace :-)

Allen was based on him moving to Stoke (which now looks very likely)

Osazaki was a favourite of mine in the second half of last season, and had a blinder in the Oxford v Leicester friendly.

There seems to be a bit of love on this forum for Lamela, and I thought he was unlucky joining Spurs in the great influx after Bale chose to leave.

Personally, I'm not keen on only one or two strikers in favour of midfields. I always seem to end up having to leave someone out, which is when they score a hattrick :lol:

But there's plenty of time for changes :-)

(Maybe I should have posted the reasons for my selection at the same time I posted my team!)

Big Beast
Treebeard

Post by Big Beast »

Hello and welcome to the game!

Strengths - If Stones and Williams move that is a strong defence! Your midfield has goals and assists a plenty too. Aguero will surely be top scorer (although he has come back a little fat)

Weaknesses - To have one of Wilson and Osazaki is a risk, to have both is a really big one. Personally I would downgrade Ozil, Mahrez or Payet and pay a bit more for a proven scorer. Joe Allen, even at 3.6, probably won't get many points at Stoke. How about Diame or Snodgrass instead for 0.1 less? If you must keep Allen, then make sure to transfer him our and back in again before the season starts - so he counts as a Stoke player for you and not Liverpool (assuming you want to be able to have two genuine Liverpool players, rather than three Stoke).

Hope that helps. Just posted my draft team. Keen to hear your feedback.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

A bit of tinkering...
image.jpeg
Aguero's lack of a decent pre-season sees him replaced by Ibra, Osazaki out for Grey and Allen (who I still think will have a great season) replaced by Feghouli. A couple of other changes, particularly swapping two Arsenal players, has left me with some cash in the bank.

Thanks for all the comments, I'm sure that won't be my starting squad!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scottishsimon
Cheetah
FS Record: Played OFL for 15 years now! We have a league based on our little island kingdom of Lamma, 30 minutes ferry ride from Hong Kong.

Post by scottishsimon »

Hi all, my first post!

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts about my current lineup (about the 50th incarnation!). Cheers!
Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 12.29.54 pm.png

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Welcome scottishsimon :)

Top team. Though I've never heard of Clucas. If he's a throwaway player you might prefer to get a cheap keeper instead, just so you can bench Butland occasionally. Personally I don't like cheap keepers, especially not on their own away to the top sides.

Everyone else is solid so seems pretty good to me.

Edit: just looked up Sam Clucas. Not such a throwaway player after all! Nice one, still don't like having just 1 cheap keeper though :wink:

scottishsimon
Cheetah
FS Record: Played OFL for 15 years now! We have a league based on our little island kingdom of Lamma, 30 minutes ferry ride from Hong Kong.

Post by scottishsimon »

Hi mate!

Yeah, I was doing some research on cheap midfield options and came across Clucas. A bit of a find I hope!

Cheers for having a look at my team and giving me some feedback. I know what you mean about the one cheap keeper though. I could sacrifice Townsend & Butland and get in Nyom (as a back-up FB) & De Gea. This would leave me with just one GK. Or instead of Nyom I could afford Hennessy as a back-up GK to De Gea. What do you think?
Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 11.02.59 am.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 11.03.19 am.png

Big Beast
Treebeard

Post by Big Beast »

Who is Clucas? Was going for Snodgrass as my cheap enabler as on free kicks etc, but this would free up 0.3 more. Details? Stats? Comparison to Snod?

Arsenal and Liverpool have really tough openings - would a Chelsea defender be better? Also maybe too many punts in midfield - Nolito, Noble, Clucas.

I always have one top side keeper (Cech last year, Courtois this) and then you don't need a reserve and can have defenders who get goals/assists or can buy a 3.2/3 goalie if you need funds - eg Gomes last year.

In bspittles team, id always be way of dropping a fit Aguero. He can hit five at any time.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

My latest, all change in midfield and up front!
image.jpeg

scottishsimon
Cheetah

Post by scottishsimon »

Big Beast wrote:Who is Clucas? Was going for Snodgrass as my cheap enabler as on free kicks etc, but this would free up 0.3 more. Details? Stats? Comparison to Snod?

Arsenal and Liverpool have really tough openings - would a Chelsea defender be better? Also maybe too many punts in midfield - Nolito, Noble, Clucas.

I always have one top side keeper (Cech last year, Courtois this) and then you don't need a reserve and can have defenders who get goals/assists or can buy a 3.2/3 goalie if you need funds - eg Gomes last year.

In bspittles team, id always be way of dropping a fit Aguero. He can hit five at any time.
I read good things about Clucas. This is from FISO's Expected Lineups forum - "Sam Clucas – The attacking midfielder seems to go from strength to strength. Last season played in 52 games and scored 6 goals. Looks to be a first choice pick for the new season ahead."

Big Beast
Treebeard

Post by Big Beast »

Clucus playing in the anchor role, while Snodgrass scores and could have a ton of goals/assists so far. Definitely the wrong choice we've both made :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”