To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OFL ISO 2016/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: OFL ISO 2016/17

Post by Britinus »

A since Sky doesn't accept overseas players.

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

I'm very supportive of another season of another ISO season. But I don't want to use my FPL team for the purpose - ie I play in several leagues and want to be able to pick my own starting team. I'd be happy to give anything else a go. I've played TFF for several years, and think that is a decent enough format of TFF, but understand if it doesn't accept non-UK entrants, it's a no go. I know nothing whatsoever about the Sky game or OFL auction, but trust others in the ISO group - if they think it's suitable, I'm happy to give it a go. FPL is reasonably time-consuming, I think, compared with some other games, if played seriously. I think we'd want something which would attract 20+ entrants really, otherwise it starts becoming a bit of a small / less interesting league; however, I would play at least another season even if only half a dozen were up for it. Hope a consensus is reached, and looking forward to a new ISO season if at all possible. Sorry, not been focused on the new football season until the last couple of days, hence not been posting anything until this.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Northernmonkey wrote:I'd be well up for UFPL if it came back, I never got to play it. Sadly I don't think I ever will, there's probably as much chance of TFFO being resurrected.

FPL I've grown to like. I'm in 3 other leagues but I wouldn't mind committing to the ISO line up for my team, it just seems a bit anti-ISO when we all wildcard the entire squad after a few weeks.

I'm not sure how many ISO regulars are outside U.K. other than Bal, Malrom and Sowenna but it only seems right to stick together. So we need a game which permits overseas entries, is FPL the only option?
I played TFF for a few years, no problem with the restriction for overseas players...they ALWAYS took the money :twisted:
I could also use a friens name who lives in the UK...

But I'm also happy to go with FPL

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

There doesn't appear to be too much interest or consensus what game we should play.

So I think the best thing to do based on the feedback so far is start two ISO leagues, one for fpl and one for tff and see if either gain any traction.

I will post here when the leagues are set up and then move to the corresponding forum.

Any help picking the initial teams/squads would be much appreciated.

Whether this proves to be a new dawn or more likely the last knockings for ISO remains to be seen, but it seems a shame to not to give it a go.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Ok I have set up mini leagues in both TFF and FPL and posted on the respective forums. I hope to see you all on either or both and look forward to drawing on the bank of knowledge that we collectively possess.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Worth pointing out that the ISO thread is in the mini leagues and side games tab on the FPL forum.

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to organise the two leagues, coleridge. I hope they will have a decent number of entrants. I'll definitely be entering the TFF version - I think TFF works pretty well for leagues, although 40 transfers is too many for the "purist"! Have you decided whether teams should be Private or Public? Personally I think there are pros and cons to this: Private is like the old TFFO in that you can only guess what any particular rival is up to; Public allows you to see what others are doing and perhaps adds interest. I'm agnostic and happy to go with the flow - but I think someone has to decide to avoid a mix (apologies if you have made it clear elsewhere).

Regarding FPL, I haven't decided whether to enter or not. As discussed, the format isn't best suited to the original FISO ISO rationale, but happy to try anything new. I do play it, though, and enjoy the challenge despite recent tinkering with the addition of "chips". I want to keep my main team separate, but perhaps I can find a way round it :wink: The main issue for me will be whether it would detract from the enjoyment, running 2 teams, given I do find it particularly intensive for some reason.

Anyway, thanks again, and I hope to meet up with everyone who's been playing OFL ISO over the last few seasons at one or both of the new branches of the competition.

One final plea / suggestion - as usual, the start of the season is likely to clash with holidays for some of us (including me). So, particularly as they are new formats for some, it might be helpful not to run the team selection too tight to the opening game (while appreciating we ideally don't want to start off with players who get injured at the end of the close season).

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Cheers Biscuitman. I almost didn't bother, but thought I'd rather try and fail, than just let it die on my watch. Although at the mo I am guaranteed to win both :lol:

Even if you don't play ISO FPL I would appreciate your thoughts as I have only previously played UFPL, so any input from experienced players like yourself would be invaluable.

I have picked a couple of very embryonic teams so I will go over to respective forums and post them.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

This might work for you guys without having to do too much yourself:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=124711

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Ashers wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 07:43 This might work for you guys without having to do too much yourself:

Cheers Ashers, there has already been a bit of chat with the egg cuppers on the Tff forum and although not for me it may be an option for other ISO participants.

With Tff Iso looking iffy due to the similarities to the egg cup. I have, in addition to FPL ISO started a Sky ISO, predominately to take a tenner off Northernmonkey. If anyone else fancies donating their "hard earned" to me, check out the Sky forum.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Ashers wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 07:43 This might work for you guys without having to do too much yourself:

There I read the following:

Note - This league is not open to newcomers - see separate thread.

No ISO team then......

maybe ....

Newcomers register an interest here although depending on numbers an additional league may be opened

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Hi Mailroom, there is a Tff ISO league still set up, details are on the Tff thread although there has been minimal interest with only Evvy18 and myself in it atm.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Just one last reminder to everyone that there are ISO games on Sky and FPL if anyone is interested.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

coleridge wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 20:58 Hi Mailroom, there is a Tff ISO league still set up, details are on the Tff thread although there has been minimal interest with only Evvy18 and myself in it atm.
Anyway, since I used my old login and came back to TFF, I'm playing my ISO team.
I made some amendments, we had 3 injured players and I transferred others out.

I have my own littel ISO team! :) :)

Pickford

Vertonghen
Bailly
Ward
Alonso

Alli
Redmond
Mkhitaryan

Kane
Lukaku
Rooney

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

Ah! I had a TFF team set aside for ISO but had thought it had been abandoned. I am game on any other season as I think it's a good, simple, low maintenance format.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”