To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy Racing 2015-16 - The Jumps - game ends

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Horse Racing games.

SamD
FISO Knight

Fantasy Racing 2015-16 - The Jumps - game ends

Post by SamD »

Season six of William Hill/Daily Mirror The Jumps contest launches on Monday 9 November.
The game runs from Hennessy Gold Cup day at end-Nov to the Cheltenham Festival in March.

How To Play
Pick 10 from list of 200 on The Jumps coupon available at William Hill shops from Monday.
Each entry costs £2. Deadline is noon, Sat 28 Nov.

Each selection scores 10 points for winning any National Hunt race in GB or Ireland.
Additional points are earned for starting prices and in bonus races.

Prizes
Details pending. Last season, overall winner scooped £100,000: P Murphy, Kettering, 373 points.
Another of Mr Murphy's teams scored 358 to earn runner-up haul of £50,000.
Winning total in previous two years: 348 & 325.
Monthly cash prizes of £1,500 and £500 were awarded in Dec, Jan, Feb and March.

Leaderboard
Rules and other information may be accessed via http://www.thejumps.com/default.aspx?page=rules

As usual, a Fiso mini-league will be set up.
Last year's thread shows the top duo's selections, the 15 highest scoring horses, Fiso league, etc: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=114113

edit:
  • mini-league: Fiso Federation
    password: arkle
* please post stable identifier and number of entries if you decide to join; thanks *
Last edited by SamD on 09 Oct 2016, 15:53, edited 2 times in total.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Re: Fantasy Racing 2015-16 * The Jumps *

Post by Maldini »

Old Paddy Murphy came up trumps then. :lol:

Probably works for Hills if the fantasy game is as bent as the actual sport. :roll:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Any of our feedback taken into account?

SamD
FISO Knight

No change

Post by SamD »

Response to Fiso feedback was:

"Query Ref - 233454
Thanks for the email and kind suggestion.
Although this year's game will be exactly the same as last year but we will take your feedback on board.
There is a possibility that there will be an online version so keep posted!"

Had earlier sent our comments/suggestions - which were based on the post linked below plus the four that followed it in last season's thread - to the Contact Us address.

This looks to be an ID of SilentManager, the game administrators. Wonder whether anyone at William Hill saw comments? Shall pursue this via local branch manager.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=114113&start=58

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

More details re prizes now on the site; slightly different prize structure, more prizes for monthlies - no other obvious changes. Haven't picked up a form yet, assume they are out today?

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps

Post by SamD »

Local Hill betting shop staff say The Jumps coupon will now be available from Sat 14 Nov. That's two weeks before competition begins.

Online page for new season is still headed 2014-15 and includes a few other typos. The competition changes noticed are marked with an asterisk * below:

Game Rules

William Hill 'The Jumps' is based on all National Hunt races (under the Rules of Racing in Great Britain or Ireland) during the period of the competition. The competition starts on Hennessy Gold Cup day - noon on Saturday 28 November 2015 - and runs up to and including the last race of the Cheltenham Festival - 18 March 2016.

You must be 18 or over to enter and may be required to provide proof of age.

How to Enter

Simply pick 10 horses from The Jumps Easy Slip available in all William Hill shops.

Mark the box next to your selections and hand this in to a member of staff with your £2. You will then receive a printed receipt of your selections.

You can enter as many lists as you like however it is £2 per list and each entry must be on The Jumps Easy Slip (photocopies will not be accepted).

There is no period during the competition to substitute any selection. Selections cannot be changed after an entry is placed.

The competition starts from races after noon Hennessy Gold Cup day - 28 November 2015 - and runs up to and including the last day of the Cheltenham Festival 18 March 2016.

Entries must be made no later than noon (12 Midday) on 28 November 2015. We would advise you to place your entry before this date to help our shop teams and avoid any possible disappointment.

Prizes

The winner/s will be deemed as the person/persons with the highest aggregate number of points from their selections at the end of the competition.

The entry with the highest scoring aggregate number of points at the end of the competition will win £100,000.
The runner-up will win £50,000.

Where more than one entry achieves the highest number of points, the winner and runner up will be selected at random from the highest scoring entries.

* In addition, this year we have changed our prize structure to reward more customers [10] every month. The headline prize of £1,600 will still be awarded to each of the highest scoring entry submitted and £600 for second.

* Monthly prizes will also be awarded in December, January, February and March to the following:
Third will win £450. Entries positioned fourth and fifth will win £300 and entries sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth will win £150. Where more than one entry achieves the same number of points to win a prize, the winner will be selected at random from the tied entries.

The monthly results will include all races within the following periods:

December = 28 November - 31 December 2015
January = 1 January - 31 January 2016
February = 1 February - 29 February 2016
March = 1 March - 18 March 2016
Where more than one entry achieves the highest number of points, the winner and runner up will be selected at random from the highest scoring entries.

The winners will be contacted, using the details provided on the entry form, by 23 March 2016. The winners' names and county of residence will be available on request. The Promoters' decision in relation to the award of prizes and all other matters associated with the Game will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.

The prizes are non-transferable and there are no alternative prizes unless determined by the Promoters.

How to Score Points

You will score 10 points for each win by your chosen horses in National Hunt races under the Rules of Racing in Great Britain or Ireland (Races) during the Game Period (28th November 2015 - 18th March 2016).

However, in the bonus races listed below 25 points will be awarded to the winner and 10 points will be awarded to the runner-up:
Hennessy Gold Cup - Sat 28 November 2015
Stanjames.com Fighting Fifth Hurdle - Sat 28 Nov
William Hill Christmas Hurdle - Sat 26th Dec
William Hill King George VI Chase - Sat 26th Dec
Coral Welsh National - Sun 27 Dec
BHP Irish Champion Hurdle - Sun 24 Jan 2016
Betfair Hurdle - Sat 13 Feb
BetBright Chase - Sat 27 Feb
All Cheltenham Festival Races - Tue 15 to Fri 18 March

SP Points: Points will also be added based on the Starting Price of the winner of each race.

Starting Price, Points
3/1 - 5/1 = 5pts
11/2 - 8/1 = 8pts
17/2 - 10/1 = 10pts
11/1 - 15/1 = 15pts
16/1 - 20/1 = 20pts
21/1 - 25/1 = 25pts
26/1 + = 30pts

If any of the above races are rescheduled to run outside of the competition dates they will not count. In the event of a dead-heat both horses will be deemed as having won and full points and SP bonuses will apply to both horses. The 2nd place horse will receive no points. No points are given to a walkover.

Official result on the day applies for points calculations and any subsequent amendments will not count.

Points may not be updated on the site until 48 hours after a race meeting has finished.

From 4 December 2015, you will be able to follow your progress and check your Stable's points regularly on http://www.thejumps.com. This will include any points scored by horses from the start of the competition on 28 November 2015.

Results

The leaderboard will be published in the Mirror and the Daily Record every fortnight starting on Saturday 5 December and in all of our 2,300 shops. Of course, results and competition standings can also be viewed here at: http://www.thejumps.com

Mini-Leagues

To create or join a mini-league, just log on to your stable and visit the 'Join a League' page under the 'League' section of the website

* How to claim free race tickets

When you enter this year’s ‘The Jumps’ competition, we are offering the chance to claim 2 free race tickets to selected races!

Here is how to claim them:

Step 1. Go to your local William Hill shop and ask for a 'The Jumps' entry coupon.
* Step 2. Complete your 'The Jumps' entry(s) as well as choosing one of the available courses/meetings on the leaflet that you want tickets for.
Step 3. Staple the leaflet and 'The Jumps' entry(s) together and hand them into the till in your local William Hill Shop.
Step 4. Receive the free ticket which will be stapled to your 'The Jumps' entry(s).
Step 5. Attend your selected meeting for 2 free tickets.

NOTE: Free race ticket voucher is not valid without a 2015/16 'The Jumps' receipt. This is strictly one voucher per customer not one voucher per Entry. A voucher can only be used once, and tickets are non-transferable, if resold they will be rendered void. Terms and conditions apply please see the Jumps leaflet for full T&Cs.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Picked up my forms yesterday. Always best to get the phone number of your local Hills (sometimes needs a friendly face in the shop for this as Hills customer service help-line usually refuses to give out the shop numbers) to check that they have received their allocation before popping into your local Hills branch.

Not sure whether or not I prefer the change this year, now allowing any 10 horses from the main list without restrictions regarding a "star" horse. What do others think?

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps

Post by SamD »

@ Striker: age is probably a reasonable excuse but, in this Remembrance week, it seems (at least) one of us is getting forgetful!

The Jumps selection rule is identical to last season, ie 10 from 200. We needed to include two Stable Stars and eight others in the previous four years.

For info, Jumps entry form was available on Friday morning at local Hill branch.

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: The Jumps

Post by Striker »

SamD wrote:@ Striker: age is probably a reasonable excuse but, in this Remembrance week, it seems (at least) one of us is getting forgetful!

The Jumps selection rule is identical to last season, ie 10 from 200. We needed to include two Stable Stars and eight others in the previous four years.
Doesn't ring a bell :oops:, but perhaps that's why I didn't do as well as in earlier years if I failed to grasp the selection rule. :wink:

But I'll make sure that I give the old grey cells a talking to this year. 8-)

francis mo

Post by francis mo »

Does anyone know of any non runners so far?
Thanks.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

What non runners?

Or do you mean horses out for the season?

francis mo

Post by francis mo »

Striker wrote:What non runners?

Yes mate.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

francis mo wrote:
Striker wrote:What non runners?

Yes mate.
Will post injury info after I compile my own list a few days before entries close if no one else has done it in the meantime. I find that its best not to start thinking about one's own line ups until a couple of days before entries close, as one's thoughts of 10 days earlier tend to be semi redundant.

SamD
FISO Knight

Jumps admin

Post by SamD »

Entered a team on Monday in order to create
  • mini-league: Fiso Federation
    password: arkle
Opening post now includes league details.
* please add stable identifier and number of entries here if you decide to join; thanks *

Site and admin still below par, especially compared to Stable Stars game.
For list of 200 horses click http://www.thejumps.com/stats.aspx?page=playerSearch
Overall entries to date = 22,431.

Note Hill branches are in competition for our business. Two local LBOs have target of 50 and 78 entries. One has zilch incentive but other offers two tickets to Wimbledon greyhound meeting for every coupon plus a cash prize for highest scorer in branch over season. Pester your local...

SamD
FISO Knight

Out Jumps?

Post by SamD »

With 48 hours to The Jumps entry deadline, here's list of known injuries/setbacks reported this month (any more?):

- Annie Power, Willie Mullins: http://www.skysports.com/racing/news/12 ... m-festival

- Coneygree, Mark Bradstock: http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-ra ... t7DaysNews

- Dodging Bullets, Paul Nicholls: https://betting.betfair.com/horse-racin ... 115-9.html

- Moon Racer, David Pipe: http://www.skysports.com/racing/news/12 ... rs-setback

- Jolyallan, Henry Fry: http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news ... ry-setback

And 20 Most Selected of 71,869 entries to date:
  • Faugheen 25%
    Annie Power 20%
    Silviniaco Conti 18%
    Don Cossack 17%
    Vautour 15%
    Sprinter Sacre 15%
    Coneygree 15%
    Douvan 15%
    Cue Card 15%
    My Tent Or Yours 14%
    Bobs Worth 13%
    More Of That 12%
    The New One 11%
    Un De Sceaux 11%
    Dodging Bullets 10%
    Irving 10%
    Rock On Ruby 10%
    Nichols Canyon 9%
    Don Poli 9%
    Many Clouds 9%

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Thanks for that Sam, covers the setbacks which I was about to post.

BTW, those stats, if accurate, IMHO are a condemnation of the entrants to date, although I guess that the more serious ones will be waiting until Saturday morning before entering. Notwithstanding some idiosyncratic figures within that list, The New One as popular as UDS, with Many Clouds whose main objective in a season when he won't be over-raced is outside the period of the competition getting nearly as many picks etc etc etc, the fact that the unmentioned horses are getting 73% of the total selections compared to 27% for the horses in the list is mad.

Personally I don't think that the average punter is that dumb, and I'd suspect that Chroma or whatever they are called these days have cocked up the figures in some way.

There's at least four in that list whom I'm not touching and another couple including Annie Power where I'm going to be far "lighter" than I would have been only a week ago. Your link to the Sky article amongst other sources suggests that Annie Power may not appear before Cheltenham, so even if she wins the Mares or World, she's only a decent pick rather than a very good one. If she has any setback in February/early March one can see her being kept for Aintree and Punchestown will a big fat zero besides her "Jumps" name. Mind you I'll have her in a line or two as Mullins can be as unreliable in his utterings as O'Neill or several Premiership managers. :wink:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Nearly forgot this was one, guess what I will be doing tomorrow.

Does anyone have a list of the horses for me to glance at tonight?

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Ashers wrote:Nearly forgot this was one, guess what I will be doing tomorrow.

Does anyone have a list of the horses for me to glance at tonight?
As above
http://www.thejumps.com/stats.aspx?page=playerSearch

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Latest casualty; Rock on Ruby retired. :shock:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Is anyone going into William Hill this morning?

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Ashers wrote:Is anyone going into William Hill this morning?
Yep.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Yup - been.

Problem is that concentrating on this game yesterday afternoon meant that I forgot the 6 pm deadline in Stable Stars. :oops:

So only one runner and no captain or star or whatever its called. :(

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

bloggie wrote:
Yep.
Was going to ask if I sent you £10 by Paypal could you enter some teams for me, but only just seen this. :(

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Ashers wrote:
bloggie wrote:
Yep.
Was going to ask if I sent you £10 by Paypal could you enter some teams for me, but only just seen this. :(
Was thinking that then seen your last activity was 9.15am so waited about half an hour. Just put three lines in total myself.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

First Bonus Race:

1 Identity Thief 6/1 :arrow: Not in the game
2 Top Notch 9/2 :arrow: 10 points

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Whisper & Cole Harden beaten by Thistle Crack.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Hennessey -

The Young Master falls at the first.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Second Bonus Race:

1 Smad Place :arrow: Smashes it :arrow: 33 points
2 Theatre Guide :arrow: Not in the game.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

A few point scorers today:

Arctic Fire :arrow: 10 points
No More Heros :arrow: 10 points
Long Dog :arrow: 10 points

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Twenty Teams in the mini league.

Added my five.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Horse Racing”