To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

Post by Notned »

Notned wrote:Goal and assist this weekend. You heard it here first :wink:
One assist out, but I'm still claiming the 'called it' accolade :wink:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Did you captain him though Notned?

It would seem pretty unusual to not captain a guy you expected to get double figures. :lol: ;)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Did you captain him though Notned?

It would seem pretty unusual to not captain a guy you expected to get double figures. :lol: ;)
Never even considered it to be honest, which seems daft now come to think of it! :lol:

I did choose him in the quick pick thread though, does that count?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Notned wrote:

Never even considered it to be honest, which seems daft now come to think of it! :lol:

It's one of those decisions you look back in and think why didn't I even consider it?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote:

It's one of those decisions you look back in and think why didn't I even consider it?
Yep, seems to be a weekly occurrence!

'Why did I even consider it?!' , seems to be even more prominent when it comes to my captaincy decisions this year though :lol:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I really want Kane from gwk16, but getting rid off KdB now looks to have been taken away as an option. Time to consider all other alternatives including going without.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Could be a heavy cross to bear, but going without Kane seems the most likely course for me unfortunately, injuries permitting. Just don't want to lose KDB or Sanchez at this point. I guess any negative news on Aguero's injury could bring him on the agenda, as could a confirmed Sanchez rest, but at the moment looks to be a no-go for me.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

I was all set to bring Kane in but with all 3 forwards scoring, now I'm not so sure.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I think we need to talk about Kevin... again.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r-11077287

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

So start talking. :twisted:

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

That's great news for City. I have just ditched Silva because of his and City's poor form, leaving me with just Aguero. Personally I am staying clear for the remainder of this season, instead possibly punting on Sanchez, fixture reasoning.
I could also see him being eased back, possibly mainly saved for the champs league to begin with, with him being subbed off after 60/70m and maybe making sub appearances to start with in the BPL. Not worth the risk at this stage.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'm a huge fan of KDB, and he's been one of my favourite players to own this season, but I think I'll have to hold off for now. Can't envisage any way I could squeeze him in alongside Aguero, Kane and Sanchez, and I'd be inclined to err on the side of caution in terms of his playing time after such a long lay off. I've been stung by rushing City players back too soon several times (looking at you, Sergio!).

I think I'll just have to settle for his return (hopefully) boosting Aguero's output and setting him up for a monster DGW. Unless Aguero gets one of his international injuries, of course, in which case a re-jig would be tempting..

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Notned wrote:I'm a huge fan of KDB, and he's been one of my favourite players to own this season, but I think I'll have to hold off for now. Can't envisage any way I could squeeze him in alongside Aguero, Kane and Sanchez, and I'd be inclined to err on the side of caution in terms of his playing time after such a long lay off. I've been stung by rushing City players back too soon several times (looking at you, Sergio!).

I think I'll just have to settle for his return (hopefully) boosting Aguero's output and setting him up for a monster DGW. Unless Aguero gets one of his international injuries, of course, in which case a re-jig would be tempting..
Agreed. Would much rather go into GW34 with 2 Arsenal attacking players than 2 from Man City and that is essentially the choice for me.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote:I'm a huge fan of KDB, and he's been one of my favourite players to own this season, but I think I'll have to hold off for now. Can't envisage any way I could squeeze him in alongside Aguero, Kane and Sanchez, and I'd be inclined to err on the side of caution in terms of his playing time after such a long lay off. I've been stung by rushing City players back too soon several times (looking at you, Sergio!).

Agreed. Would much rather go into GW34 with 2 Arsenal attacking players than 2 from Man City and that is essentially the choice for me.
Another one for the two gunners strategy although still time for change. KdB one for next season almost certainly - although hope he's not priced out of range.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:

Another one for the two gunners strategy although still time for change. KdB one for next season almost certainly - although hope he's not priced out of range.
Agreed. I always have space for one premium mid in my pre-season template, and that spot is definitely KDB's to lose for next season.

ArmChairPundit
Red & Blue Braces

Post by ArmChairPundit »

Any reason he's not starting? Is it a ginger thing

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Think it's a case of Pellegrini working out that Bony is just a better player, pretty simple really.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

He'll be sold back to the Bundesliga in the summer. That's twice now he's failed in the premier league.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Was just looking at the fixture list to see that for some reason City are playing on the Sunday evening this week (with CL games Tues and Wed either side), which appears a pretty poor decision - presumably down to the TV execs.

If the game was Saturday I'd be very confident KDB would play, but Sunday evening brings the gap back to 3 days before the trip to Madrid - are we expecting another KDBlank then? He'll be leaving my team for Payet this week if it's looking unlikely he'll start. 60 mins maybe?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote:He'll be leaving my team for Payet this week if it's looking unlikely he'll start.
To be honest I don't know why you're holding off on this move, Stem. Payet is playing a poor West Brom side this weekend, away from home too, where he traditionally does very well, and he obviously has the double the week after. De Bruyne on the other hand is away to a much stronger side, with the very real possibility of reduced minutes. I know De Bruyne is great and everything, but then so is Payet. Surely their respective fixtures swing the balance very much in Payet's favour?

Cue a KDB haul and a Payet blank, of course! :D (At least I hope so, as I'm going without Dimitri for one more week.)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Surely their respective fixtures swing the balance very much in Payet's favour?
Ah yes, but when two of my other midfielders are Kloppable it would seem wise to wait for Thursday to predict who I'm likely to be able to field. If KDB is looking far more likely to start than Coutinho the Brazilian might be a better transfer (though obviously I'd prefer KDB for monetary Cresswell-funding reasons).

Neither are close to a price change so an early transfer is just asking for a training injury too. (Also Kun could do somethingh like get a CL knock, meaning a striker change would perhaps make more sense).

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

For such a really talented player with a pretty hefty price tag he's undoubtedly been a huge let down as far as FPL returns go this season, even if at the same time he's been a big success in real football and especially in the Champions league.

He's admittedly had a long injury layoff between gwks 24 and 31 and started late in gwk5 but 120 points is still far less than expected and that after a quite brilliant start as well.

Obviously there are other premiums who've been far worse like Hazard, but they haven't been playing for teams near the top of the table and consequently haven't been anywhere near my side. His 'all season' max score of seven for away fixtures really does stick out as outstandingly poor value.

I suppose the recent rotation has just added to the frustration for me, but he's easily been the biggest disappointment of any player i've owned this season.

I can obviously see he's a top class player and won't let this season's misfortune, or poor selection, as an owner stop me from including him when Guardiola takes over. The talent is obvious but i'd expect a massive improvement in FPL returns next time round.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 26 Apr 2016, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

WINNING!
Wideboy
FS Record: FPL 2014/15 OR: 657 ~ 15/16 OR: 6780
FISO Sportal epldreamteam 2015/16 Winner

Post by WINNING! »

ArmChairPundit wrote:Any reason he's not starting? Is it a ginger thing
Ginger thing indeed.
What is the difference between KDB and a GUN?
Nothing you both want to take them outside and shoot 'em!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

If Silva and Toure are out it just maybe opening up for DeBruyne to make a rare appearance in the prem on Sunday, even if only 60 mins.

Possibly needs Nasri to still be out too and then there's Delph of course although he plays a more defensive role normally.

I suppose

Fernandinho or Fernando

Navas delph Sterling

With two up front possibly Bony and Iheanacho or even kun could be possible, so probably no place for De Blank anyway.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:For such a really talented player with a pretty hefty price tag he's undoubtedly been a huge let down as far as FPL returns go this season...
Before the weekend he had the same Points Per 90 as Payet! But then you delve a little deeper...

Mahrez: 7.52 p90
Firmino: 7.4
Ozil: 6.2
Coutinho: 6.16
Alli: 6.12
Sanchez: 6.03
KDB: 5.92
Payet: 5.92
Hazard: 3.32 :D

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

dino1980 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:For such a really talented player with a pretty hefty price tag he's undoubtedly been a huge let down as far as FPL returns go this season...
Before the weekend he had the same Points Per 90 as Payet! But then you delve a little deeper...

Payet costs 8.4m, KdB costs 10.4m, that's quite a large difference enough imo to say one represents good value and one disappointingly poor value, playing for City who are generally higher in the table and score more goals should have been a plus too.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
dino1980 wrote:

Payet costs 8.4m, KdB costs 10.4m, that's quite a large difference enough imo to say one represents good value and one disappointingly poor value, playing for City who are generally higher in the table and score more goals should have been a plus too.
I was agreeing with you! That's what I meant by delving a little deeper :D Lots of cheaper options all giving you better bang for your buck.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Kevin De Bruyne. We need to talk about Kevin

dino1980 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
dino1980 wrote:

I was agreeing with you! That's what I meant by delving a little deeper :D Lots of cheaper options all giving you better bang for your buck.
Yeah dino1980 i see you were making the same point and illustrating it with examples of better value.

He hasn't been a disaster (in FPL terms) by any means, just below what was expected and i can see him being integral to Guardiola's plans of developing City next season. Sometimes you can get this divergence between real football and FPL returns but i'd be fairly confident both will be good next season.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I'm not going to take a hit to get rid of him just yet. Not with Sanchez, Iwobe and Payet. Just need to decide who to bench out of Coutinho/KdB.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

It's time to talk about Kevin. He looked to be a more central figure in the Manchester derby, and seems to be allowed the latitude from Pep to play himself in to form. City also denied a penalty on Jesus late in the game that he more than likely would've taken. KDB owners are you holding on to him? Son and his city teammate Foden seem to be the much more popular picks, but is KDB being overlooked?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”