To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Daily Mail Fantasy Football 15/16

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Chapps1987
Cheetah

Re: Daily Mail Fantasy Football 15/16

Post by Chapps1987 »

thanks for the above, so champions league gathers points and the league then?

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Chapps1987 wrote:thanks for the above, so champions league gathers points and the league then?
Yes. Plus league cup and fa cup with the non Euro players. Plus there's the Uefa Cup who Liverpool have said Sturridge is not playing in tomorrow night Didn't switch subs between kickoffs myself up to recently. They could've had a sample game pre season to get used to the rules of this one. Also carrying a hamstrung Koscielny now.

Jojoborne

Post by Jojoborne »

Hi guys.

Anybody got the Euro Code for October yet. I take it they are once a month? I need to get Messi out of one of my teams.

Cheers,

Lee

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Jojoborne wrote:Hi guys.

Anybody got the Euro Code for October yet. I take it they are once a month? I need to get Messi out of one of my teams.

Cheers,

Lee
No - 4 for the season...number 2 on 1st Jan.

Meanwhile you can use a weekly code or 1 of your 3 monthly transfers to replace Messi with an English Premier League player.

mrjagger24
Cheetah
FS Record: 138

Post by mrjagger24 »

hi guys anyone have this weeks extra tranfer code?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Has anyone else experienced losing two transfers when swapping a midfielder for a forward? Just done Hazard to Bony and my transfers went from 3 to 1 :roll:

The guys running this game really are a bunch of numpties.

lee2009
Treebeard

Post by lee2009 »

Brought in Kane yesterday ready for today's game, see that I've moved down 25 places despite him scoring a brace so went to have a look at team and Kane is still on the bench? What the hell. :x Anybody had this error today or before?

COMEONUREDS
Cheetah

Post by COMEONUREDS »

Jojoborne wrote:Hi guys.

Cheers,

Lee
I had the same problem with one of the teams i had Messi in.The thing is,why can you only transfer in a player from the EPL?If i've got
a Euro player in already,you think it would make sense to allow you to swap him for another.Particaluarly relevant when you get Ronaldo
scoring four in a game,yet there is nothing you can do about it until the next Euro Scout codes!!!

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Hi, Quick question, if I entered this now would my team have three transfers or would I have zero transfers until the next allocation in January?

I'd guess I'd have three but with SM you never know :?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Hello - not sure re three transfers straight away, but you could still get one per week before the new january allocation. Your post just reminded me of an unexpected advantage of sm/chroma running this game with their "eccentric" rules - it must have meant a drastic reduction in numbers of multi-entrants trying to set up new teams every month under names of their budgies/girlfriends/grannies etc., as they are at a disadvantage of not having the previously required codes for euro strikers. Another plus is that the game seems to have gone for several weeks without any major glitches. Holiday period coming up though, so anything could happen, and there might hot be anyone around to sort, will find out over the next couple of weeks perhaps.
Edit - just read through the above, it is indeed weird that not having anything go wrong for a few weeks could prompt me to suggest that this is a "plus", shows how poorly run this game was for the first couple of months, with code dates missed, rule changes, scoring errors, and two out of the three winners for the previous month having an advantage of two sets of double points in one game month, bizarre.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

The Mail has had its fair share of problems even running basically the same game for six or seven years. Throw in the involvement of Silent Manager and you're asking for trouble. Surprised it hasn't been abandoned by now to be honest :lol:

I was planning on having a stab at the January monthy and was wondering if I could wait for team news or if that'd mean I missed the transfers but I've just remembered you have to have your captain in place for 12pm so I can't wait for team news anyway.

Final question. How does the double points code thing work? When I enter it I choose which week to get double points but can I enter it at any time during the month? Can I only select weeks still to come or can i select the current week? Eg. If I want to use it the first week of the January month do I have to enter it before the first kick off of that week or can I enter it at any time during that week? Or can I even enter the code in week three and choose double points for week one? :?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

I missed a deadline for entering one of the codes, and the only week options left were weeks that hadn't yet started, so no retrospective choosing there.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Thanks, so if the 'month' starts 9th Jan, what would the deadline be to score double points for the first week of the month?

Also when and where are the codes published? :? Sorry for all the questions but this is the most confusing game I've ever seen and I know from previous experience there's no point asking SM about their own rules.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Have been assuming that codes were due to be published along with the transfer codes on the tuesday before start of the game month - this has been the case with most but not all of the months so far - january code will be up on tuesday the 5th if that holds. Deadline would be some time on the 9th itself, maybe midday (same as the captain choice has to be made by), maybe 00.01gmt (which is when 3 new transfers will kick in), maybe 12.45 (start of first match on that day). Codes are usually at the bottom intro line of an article posted online in the premier league section, at around 11am - the "paper" has also been sending emails with links to the article and code at around 4pm on the same day.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

OK, thanks for your help.I'll cut you in for 5% when I claim the monthly 8-) I think I know how it all works now. Just about......

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Thanks for the offer, maybe meet up for a beer or several if you're in town.

For information - the first monthly leader has 118 points(as of sunday early morning update), and all the top 20 have (of course) got there by playing an early "joker". What is surprising is surely how many have done this, as the obvious choice would be to go for a week with two matches in - i.e. next "game week" - especially as the weather is holding warm. My best team at the start of this game month has all the usual suspects who have scored (plus a couple of spurs defenders) with 53 points, so would be on 106 (and in equal 3rd place) if had played the powerplay card already, ; this team is in 403rd position - so it's fair to assume that at least 400 or 500 teams (probably more not good ones) have played the bonus card already. I'm genuinely surprised that a) so many have used the powerplay this week, and b) that so many are still playing seriously enough to have used bonus codes at all.
Any other info or thoughts or insights, please do add here. If ronaldo scores eight in one match tomorrow and one of the early bonus players has him as captain, then all discussion is irrelevant, but we'll see soon enough.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

I guess a lot of people just use it as soon as it becomes available. I'd planned on next week as it's double fixtures so it'll be a bit annoying if loads of people fluke a double week without even thinking about it. Although that does depend on me being able to find the Power play code in time :?

I suppose it makes more sense to use it at the end of the month and save all your transfers for double points but I think knowing the fixtures and the good games for Everton and Chelsea make the first week better. I've just stuck a couple of teams in based on this months fixtures and was almost impressed by the website. It was a lot faster and easy to navigate that SM games usually are :)

Newfounder
Treebeard
FS Record: poor, I always seem to finish nearer the bottom than the top

Post by Newfounder »

Afternoon all,

As I had nothing better to do, I started looking for other fantasy football games and found this - www.motdfantasyfooty.com/ It appears that the screen set up and some competitions are exactly the same. Now, if motd is still broadcast on the same television channel as always and they have an almost identical fantasy football website as the daily mail................ maybe just a coincidence.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Sm have run the motd game for a couple of years; the bonus code feature was one of the selling points that the daily mail liked (because as mentioned earlier it encourages page hits) but the average punter finds most annoying.

The Sm (now chroma) format isn't used for any other games open to the public in britain this season (as far as I know, though they usually have some B2B games) but they are in several other markets, most recently launching in cambodia. Here's a template for their football games this season;

http://prgb.silentmanager.org/default.aspx?page=rules

See mention on the first page of this thread, similarity between mail and motd game noted.

Newfounder
Treebeard
FS Record: poor, I always seem to finish nearer the bottom than the top

Post by Newfounder »

Thanks for the info quizking. As you can probably tell, I don't follow these fantasy footie websites or forums too often so all help is appreciated. Maybe if I did, then I would stand slightly more chance of doing better with my teams.

COMEONUREDS
Cheetah

Post by COMEONUREDS »

Anyone fallen foul of their captain selection when you drop the player to the bench?Saturday i decided to have Ronaldo as my captain
but needed to sub him out as Real Madrid weren't playing until Sunday whereas all my other strikers were playing Saturday.Unfortunately,
as soon as you do this it seems to invalidate the captain as he is not part of the starting line-up.I checked my points this morning and
it appears that i haven't been awarded double points for Ronaldo.Let's see what they come back with in reply to my query!!!!

lee2009
Treebeard

Post by lee2009 »

Just did a survey on thoughts about last seasons format, check your emails as others should have got it. My thoughts were I think the Euro players feature should be scrapped and concentrate on domestic game and they should bin the Power Play weeks also.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Same here.

Told them to ditch all the gimmicks. Game was fine as it was.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

They should go back to their game of a couple of years ago.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Just done it, obviously I went with with scrapping all the codes and euro leagues stuff and ideally going back to the format from a few years ago. Problem is that survey has come from Silent Manager not the Daily Mail so begging them to go back to an old format run by somebody else isn't likely to work......

I thought it was a bit odd that their options had 4 negative responses and only one positive one. Eg How did you find the gameplay? Easy, Difficult, Hard Impossible, Gave up.

So either a) Even they realise the euro codes and power play stuff was terrible, it's just a question of exacly how terrible it was. Or b) they've done that deliberately to split all the negative responses four ways hoping that they can then report back 'easy' was the most popular answer Image

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”