To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FIFA [alleged] corruption

A forum for discussion on International Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: FIFA [alleged] corruption

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Yes Forest i'd agree that some pragmatism and at least verbal support for the disgraced Platini and Blatter was inevitable if he wanted to get elected. Criticising your boss was never a good way for advancement and so that is at least understandable especially with a view to the delegates making the choice.

If they're going to face further FBI/Swiss corruption charges, and even contemplate a different body or radical restructure, i think it's likely to be far sooner rather than so many years or decades away. Once the old cliques feel a little safer, they will be able to water down or limit the effects of any new reforms while reinstating some or most of the tried and tested avenues of empire building by patronage, bribery and corruption.

In the short term it has to be his program and especially the 40 team World Cup which is concerning. If this too can be thrown overboard now he's safely elected then all the better, but i fear he actually thinks it a good idea.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: FIFA [alleged] corruption

Post by liquidfootball2 »

New FIFA boss Gianni Blattino has taken his first big decision that the next two World Cups will take place in Russia 2018 and Qatar in 2022 with NO changes whatsoever.

His former boss Michel Platini was keen on Qatar, voting for it and despite the furore over workers killed etc thought it the correct decision. He'll be glad his star pupil has stepped up to continue the good work.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Internationals Football Talk & Events”