To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy Racing 2014-15 * The Jumps *

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Horse Racing games.

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps mini-league

Post by SamD »

Thanks for posting five stable names above, Muddy; these are now part of the 15-strong Fiso Festival mini-league. Others welcome.
My ten are:
  • Alone Again Or; Forever Changes; Orange Skies; Listen To My Song; You Set The Scene;
    My Little Red Book; She Comes In Colours; AndMoreAgain; Live And Let Live; Old Man.
Yes, 11:55 at Fairyhouse on Saturday doesn't count. I was at the Hill shop in Purley as the race concluded just after midday. Another punter claimed he had the first Jumps competition winner ie, Adriana Des Mottes, who beat Rule The World by a nose. I suggested the 11:55 race was outside the contest period but he wasn't convinced... Anyway, Adriana DM is showing with zero points on the Jumps scoreboard.

The four scorers to date are:
  • Many Clouds, 33; Irving, 25; Valseur Lido, 25; Lieutenant Colonel, 15.
The local Hill manager was pleased as she received around 40 entries to meet her target. I noticed several slips were accepted a few minutes after 12.00.

Total entries registered online have risen from around 100,000 on Sat morning to 158,000 on Monday evening.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Re: Fantasy Racing 2014-15 * The Jumps *

Post by quizking »

My seven teams all now registered and in mini-league - thankfully only had to put one in the league for all seven to join automatically. Took a punt on adriana des mottes in one of my selections, sure enough the early fairyhouse race didn't count for points after all.

My teams;

mentally stable
mentally unstable
stable willing and able
stable table
stable betty grable
stable mabel
stable cable

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: The Jumps mini-league

Post by Striker »

SamD wrote: Valseur Lido, 25
Surely 15?

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps

Post by SamD »

Valseur Lido is shown with 25 points on this screen: Figure is incorrect as it includes race before Jumps game began.

Two of the 158,671 stables registered to date lead the field with 88 points.

Fiso Festival league of 22 is led by Muddy, 58 points, and quizking, 48.
By the way, some team names aren't showing on mini-league leaderboard, just coupon numbers.

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

Fortress St Andrews are in. I'm showing in 99,999th place in our league! Which is encouraging..........

I thought of a better name.....

Aesop's Stable......

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

Have a couple on 73 so far of those I've logged on the website.

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps update

Post by SamD »

Registered entries now total 160,759. Two of these have scored centuries: viz. 111 & 101.

Fiso Festival mini-league of 23 stables is still led by Muddy, 58 points, and quizking, 48.

The 13 scoring horses over first 11 days:
  • 33 MANY CLOUDS
    25 IRVING
    20 DODGING BULLETS
    18 WISHFULL THINKING
    15 LIEUTENANT COLONEL
    15 VALSEUR LIDO
    15 FELIX YONGER
    15 SAM WINNER
    10 SAPHIR DU RHEU
    10 DON COSSACK
    10 BLACK HERCULES
    10 BLACK THUNDER
    10 WOUNDED WARRIOR

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

83 points, but contains Allez Colombieres (dead), Annie Power (out injured) and More of That (injured / wind op).

:shock:

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps update after first three weekends

Post by SamD »

Entries registered now total 160,796. Overall leader is still on 111 while five others have notched centuries.

Fiso Festival mini-league of 23 is still led by Muddy, 58 points, and quizking, 48.
Five other stables are on 35.

Four recent points-scorers:
  • 10 ROCK ON RUBY
    10 KINGS PALACE
    10 MELODIC RENDEZVOUS
    10 THE NEW ONE
plus 13 who scored previously:
  • 33 MANY CLOUDS
    25 IRVING
    20 DODGING BULLETS
    18 WISHFULL THINKING
    15 LIEUTENANT COLONEL
    15 VALSEUR LIDO
    15 FELIX YONGER
    15 SAM WINNER
    10 SAPHIR DU RHEU
    10 DON COSSACK
    10 BLACK HERCULES
    10 BLACK THUNDER
    10 WOUNDED WARRIOR

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps: after fourth weekend

Post by SamD »

Entries registered now total 160,835. Two teams are tied for the overall lead with 113.

Muddy, 68 points, continues to set the pace in the Fiso Festival league.
Quizking, 48, and SamD, 45, are next best of the 23 in the group.

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps update

Post by SamD »

Entries registered by year-end = 160,836. Top two overall are on 163 and 158.

Fiso Festival mini-league has been augmented by eight stables from Ashers.
Leading three of the 31 are:
  • quizking, 98
    Ashers, 95
    Muddy, 93.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Just noticed two of my stables only have nine horses in them. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: The Jumps update

Post by Striker »

SamD wrote:Entries registered by year-end = 160,836. Top two overall are on 163 and 158.

Fiso Festival mini-league has been augmented by eight stables from Ashers.
Leading three of the 31 are:
  • quizking, 98
    Ashers, 95
    Muddy, 93.
If one enters a mini-league can you see the other teams in that league. I was disappointed that this year, unlike last year, you can't see the line ups of the teams on the leaderboard. Goodness knows why they've changed it as with no transfers, seeing other people's teams, doesn't give anyone any sort of advantage, it just makes the game more interesting and let's one know which horses you want both to succeed and fail.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Anyone still interested in this comp.

Seems to be getting into it's stride now with several of the most popular selections running this weekend or very soon. Sprinter Sacre, The New One, and Vatour this weekend, hopefully Djakadam in the Thyestes, on Thursday, the odd one possibly on Trials Day, and then on Sunday we have Hurricane Fly v Jezki round 99, and Un de Sceaux in the Irish Arkle.

It's really a pity that this year one can't see the line ups of the leading stables, unlike last year when it added considerably to the interest.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

...I'm still paying vague attention, but am slightly confused, how can you tell who else is in the fiso league? I can see my own team names, but every other entry in the fiso league as well as overall leaderboard is just appearing here as numbers - does the league founder get to see the other names (even if not team line ups)?

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Most of mine are still fit which doesn't often happen. I really need Jezki and More of That to start scoring, although even if they do, a big price Cheltenham winner will probably also be required.
Yes admin needs attention as TTF was excellent under new owners.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

What's everyone best score?

I am now on 115 in my best team.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Best score currently 148, but it doesn't look like a good "stable" now, as inter alia it has Simonsig. I prefer my team on 125 pts in which I didn't try to be "smart" with any selection and went mainly for the "bleedin' obvious". Faugheen, Vatour, Annie Power, More of That, Un de Sceaux, The New One, Hurricane Fly, Silviniaco Conti, Djakadam and Irving.
7lb claimer wrote:Most of mine are still fit which doesn't often happen. I really need Jezki and More of That to start scoring, although even if they do, a big price Cheltenham winner will probably also be required.
Yes admin needs attention as TTF was excellent under new owners.
I hope that More of That's small op has done the trick, and you may have noticed on Saturday's Morning Line that Ruby, when asked which of AP's Cheltenham mounts he'd like to ride if he could, nominated More of That. However despite having Jezki in several "stables", I hope that Hurricane Fly beats him on Sunday as he seems to be in my better ones. But everything, including which one of my own "stables" I'm really supporting is in a state of flux. Would you settle for Jezki getting two 10 pt second places in both the Champion Hurdles? :wink:

As regards the need for a long priced Cheltenham winner, I'm not so sure. This year I can see a lot of teams having sufficient Festival winners that it won't be necessary to have a longer priced winner as well. But on the other hand you could argue that in this situation a long priced winner will make the difference.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Another win by Hurricane Fly today to take his Grade one count to 22.

Although I still think many of these would have been Grade 2 if ran in England and at least 50% were against poor fields.

Un De Sceaux looked amazing today and will storm home at Cheltenham.

Shame I don't have these in the same team.

Striker - What's that 148 team on now?

That 115 team has had a great day.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Ashers wrote:Striker - What's that 148 team on now?

That 115 team has had a great day.
The 148 has only increased to 163, but my listed 125 pt "stable" has had a decent few days and has overtaken the former, with 175 pts. Although it is only around 190th, compared with the 148 pt team being in 70 something position a week ago, I'm happier as I like my new best team, whereas my former best team had "holes" in it.

035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 035robroy »

Only Ashers on this thread seems to be aware of my Grand National Sweepstake just beginning to gather pace. Needs support from the horse followers'

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

035robroy wrote:Only Ashers on this thread seems to be aware of my Grand National Sweepstake just beginning to gather pace. Needs support from the horse followers'
Some of us have noticed your sweepstake, but I, and possibly most of us here prefer to make our own selections. We enjoy picking horses and following them through the N.H. season, very different mindset to buying lottery tickets.

035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 035robroy »

Striker. Have you ever bought a raffle ticket ? That is exact;y what buying a chance in the National is. A one off event where half the nation has a punt. Sweepstake and or a bet.
In a sweepstake or raffle it is the luck of the draw. You do not make a choice, just make a modest investment.
Following your chosen horses over a season is an entirely different thing.
I shall be using this thread over the coming weeks to spread the word. It could be quite entertaining. Hope you will contribute !

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I see that in your main thread on this subject you say that you are trying to convince me to join your sweepstake and while I wish you the best of luck for success of your lottery, you'll never convince me to participate, and in my last post I explained why.

I suggest that you restrict your marketing of your "game" to your own thread as if everyone multi-posted in fiso, it would become a mess. I'm sure that more people who are involved in The Jumps are aware of your thread seeing how often it appears in the list of latest posts, which is many peoples starting point on visiting fiso.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

To get this thread back on topic, I guess that most of us are hoping that neither Calipto or Sign of a Victory are successful in tomorrow's Betfair, as they seem to be the only two "Jumps" horses running, in a race which again seems an inappropriate vehicle for dishing out a 25 pt bonus.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

"Sign of a victory" in three of my stables - including the best scoring one so far - and noting that it hasn't scored any points in the competition so far, could count as a "differential". As mentioned before, annoying that other stable lists aren't visible, makes no difference to game play as there aren't any transfers. No "calipto" coverage for me at all however, was never on my radar.

Plus one to your comments re sweepstakes btw.

035robroy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 035robroy »

Striker and quizking. I read the thread all through. So what do you do after Cheltenham after the Festival when the comp has finished ? At least Ashers is still (potentially) with me.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

I have Sign Of a Victory in my best team.

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps update

Post by SamD »

Entries registered 160,840. Four teams currently tied at the top with 208 points.

The Fiso Festival mini-league holds 31 sides from five managers.
Best team from each (with total stables in league):
  • 01 quizking, 183 (7)
    02 Ashers, 140 (8)
    03 Muddy, 138 (5)
    15 SamD, 90 (10)
    28 Sport Billy, 45 (1)

Anyone wish to post further feedback on game? Local Hill manager is willing to pass them on.
Based on earlier posts and own experiences, here's current summary:

1) need to improve entry process: the paper coupon system in shop doesn't always work well;
eg no check that ten horses are named on betting payment slip;
consider moving whole operation online?

2) The Jumps site is generally unhelpful; eg could include statistics such as list of top horse scorers

3) should also be able to view composition of leading stables, as in previous seasons;
there's no transfer option so seeing this will provide no advantage to rivals

4) mini-league (and overall table) should show stable name and manager instead of 12-digit shop coupon code

5) William Hill could provide award for best mini-league

6) could also provide prizes for top customers in each betting office (with regularly updated list in shop)

7) as mentioned before, there's no transfer interaction during season;
so, to help keep the competition 'alive', Hills could provide online updates on the overall game
and jettison the weekly email to managers

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Agree with the above points; plus worth mentioning that site interaction has actually got worse since the first game (four years ago was it?) - team names were visible, and at least the leaderboard then made some sense - now it's just a list of twelve digit coupon numbers, as mentioned in point four above. Sure, some punters might want anonimity, but at least a team name is better than a coupon number. Why the visible team name feature was removed makes no sense at all.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Horse Racing”