To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Why pick good substitutes?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the fantasy football game promoted by The Mirror and Racing Post newspapers which used to be called: You The Manager (YTM)
stevo25

Why pick good substitutes?

Post by stevo25 »

Unless I'm not understanding the rules, I don't see the point in picking decent subs. As I understand it, only the first 11 can score points in a gameweek. So you can't sub out players who have already played on a saturday for players who will play on sunday.

If I get any injuries I have 3 transfers per gameweek to solve that problem. So it seems to me that I should just pick the cheapest players for my bench, so I can afford the best players for my first 11. Basically I don't anticipate ever needing my subs at all.

Am I right, or is there something I'm missing?

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Re: Why pick good substitutes?

Post by FrankieFrog »

Any transfers made do not become active until the following game week, so if you bring someone in on on Sunday he can't score points until the following Saturday. Therefore you need some decent players on the bench in case an automated substitution takes place during the game week.

stevo25

Post by stevo25 »

Yeah I understand transfers won't take effect in the middle of a game week, but if for instance Van Persie breaks down in taining on thursday, I can transfer him out and bring in Rooney for saturdays game. is that not right?

Substitutes would only be needed if somebody got injured after a gameweek has already started

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Or if van Persie unexpectedly doesn't play one Saturday, you're sub would come in.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Mirror Fantasy Football”