To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which mirrorless compact system camera?

A forum for Photography discussion.
Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Which mirrorless compact system camera?

Post by Brightwater »

Mrs B has just revealed my xmas prezzy will be a new camera, my choice, to be bought in January.
Before I start researching, I would be interested to hear any FISO opinions.

I enjoyed my old faithful Canon T70 before moving to compact digitals, currently using Lumix DMC FX500.
Budget £300 - I can top up to £600 if needed. I want 28-210mm in 1 or 2 lenses and good flash -
is built in flash any use?...if not what flash attachment?

Photos will be mainly family, some of the villa and a bit of wildlife.
Last edited by Brightwater on 19 Dec 2013, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: What digital SLR?

Post by blahblah »

Which not What, and it is a good place to start - but them are some wannabe David Bailey's on here :lol:

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Re: Which mirrorless compact system camera?

Post by Brightwater »

Thanks for the grammar lesson. :roll: I have done my first hours research, and am drawn to mirrorless rather than digital SLRs. Micro four thirds anyone? I like the Olympus Pen E-PM2. Does anyone know please does 14-42mm in this format translate to 28-84?
[Edit - found the answer...yes]
Last edited by Brightwater on 20 Dec 2013, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Have looked into this before. Mirrorlesss seemed good but the reality was that DSLR's had more lenses and were more flexible and took better pictures in a wide range of conditions. Mirrorless were a bit lighter.

No brainer at the time, although Mirrorless may have moved on.

Canon eos rebel are I thing good, but I went for a Nikon to suit the lenses that I've already got.

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Brightwater »

Thanks unc.si - mirrorless is rated better for video, and the Four Thirds format used by Olympus and Lumix have a good selection of lenses, and are smaller and lighter.

Would I need an adapter to fit my manual focus Canon/Tokina lenses to a Canon DSLR body?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Photography”