To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy Racing 2013-14 * The Jumps *

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Horse Racing games.

SamD
FISO Knight

Post by SamD »

Details of the fourth year of the William Hill competition are available at http://www.thejumps.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; from Thurs 14 Nov.

The Jumps is based on NH races from Hennessy Gold Cup day - Sat 30 Nov - to the Cheltenham Festival which ends on Fri 14 March.

Entry
Pick 10 horses from The Jumps slip available at William Hill shops.
One selection must be from the list of 8 Stable Stars.
Each entry costs £2. Deadline is noon, Sat 30 Nov.

Horses will score 10 points when winning National Hunt races in GB or Ireland.
Additional points can be earned for starting prices and in bonus races.

Prizes
The entry with the most points at the end of the competition will win £100,000.
The runner-up earns £50,000.
Monthly cash prizes of £1,500 and £500 will also be awarded in each of Dec, Jan, Feb and March.

Leaderboard
Results and competition standings will be viewable at http://www.thejumps.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and in The Mirror and Daily Record.

As usual, a Fiso mini-league will be set up during the coming week.

Digsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS relegation fodder

Re: Fantasy Racing 2013-14 * The Jumps *

Post by Digsby »

Not done this before but will probably give it a go this year.

Thanks Sam.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Just beat me to posting this - officially launches tomorrow, but forms are already available in some shops (picked mine up in north london). I'll be in for the league with a few lines.

stitchy
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF Week 34 Winner 2012/13 sky sports week 22winner2014 sky sports month 6 monthly winner 2014. Telegraph weekly winner wk35 2014-15.Mail weekly winner wk36 2014-15. Sky weekly winner 2014-15,

Post by stitchy »

new to this. can you enter online or do you need to pick it up at a shop and hand it back in there? how does a fiso league work? posting your selections?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Entries in shop only - it's ok to post your selections once the competition has started, as there aren't any transfers to be made.

Tim Bisley
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF MOTM - January 2012, TFF Tinkerman weekly winner, TFF MOTW - May 2013, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th

Post by Tim Bisley »

I've entered this the last couple of years and my picks have been abysmal. :lol:

Will give it another go though if I find myself near a William Hill in the next few days.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Who are the stable stars?

SamD
FISO Knight

* The Jumps *

Post by SamD »

The eight stable stars:

At Fishers Cross, Bobs Worth, Hurricane Fly, My Tent Or Yours, Our Conor, Sir Des Champs, Solwhit, The New One.

Each team must include one of the above plus nine from the full list of 200.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Is it not normally only 5 stable stars?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I think that it has been eight since it started three years ago.

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: * The Jumps *

Post by Striker »

SamD wrote:The eight stable stars:

At Fishers Cross, Bobs Worth, Hurricane Fly, My Tent Or Yours, Our Conor, Sir Des Champs, Solwhit, The New One.
Only two chasers included. :shock:

Sprinter Sacre not included amongst the Stable Stars. :lol:

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps: launch delayed

Post by SamD »

Competition site should be available from noon on Monday 18 November:
http://www.thejumps.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Game rules: http://www.thejumps.com/default.aspx?page=rules" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

At £2 a go for a £100,000 prize, it's well worth having a decent entry. Reckon I'll do around 36 lines.

Hill's choice of star horses combined with a number of interesting omissions from the main list makes the selection of horses more strategic than that of the TTTF.

SamD
FISO Knight

Post by SamD »

The winning team in 2012-13, season three:

Sprinter Sacre, 45 points (stable star)
My Tent or Yours, 50
Simonsig, 45
Champagne Fever, 40
Cue Card, 40
Darlan, 30
Quevega, 25
Dynaste, 20
Overturn, 20
Flemenstar, 10
- - - - - - - - - - - -
total: 325 points

Hope to set up ten sides this lunchtime before posting Fiso mini-league details on Friday.
Entry deadline is noon, Sat 30 Nov.

SamD
FISO Knight

Post by SamD »

Looks like over 67,000 entries to date.

Fiso Mini-League has now been set up.

To join:
  • - go to http://www.thejumps.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and register your team with the William Hill shop coupon code
    - use the ‘Mini-League Admin' option to add it to the Fiso group
    - details you need are:
    • name: Pony Express
      password: ripjm
Deadline to make an entry at a Hill shop is noon, Sat 30 Nov.

Beware, the website may not feel as easy to navigate as some. Do say if help is needed with anything.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Does anyone have a shop near them that could pop a team in for me?

SamD
FISO Knight

The Jumps: now off

Post by SamD »

Game site shows the total number of teams registered online at today's noon deadline = 82,367.

Obviously, any entry made at a Hill shop over the last 48 hours will not have been processed yet.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Jezki just does enough to land Hatton's Grace

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

'Evening - have just gotten around to registering my stables online - and having tried a couple of different browsers (and i'm quite au fait with how silentmanager websites usually work), can't see any access to mini-league information, nor indeed any way to put in a stable name, nor a way of accessing one's other stables without logging in and out for each one.

I'm using firefox, with adblock plus, so i s'pose it's possible that my browser is blocking various options that would make the site more user friendly - but then also logged in with chrome, and can't see any difference. The mini-league function must have been there originally for sam to have set it up - has it been taken down? No problem using any of my browsers or machines with other sm games this year (touch wood, so far), and i doubt it's company policy just to change accessiblity for the willhill game, there wasn't a problem last term. Anyone else?

p.s. assuming all entries from day one are now registered at head office, there are 128151 entries so far this year - at least that much information is available. The "leaderboard" however is just a list of twelve digit numbers, not user friendly at all. Plus one of the numbers is rather unusual - in 13th place, there's 999999999938 - probably an in-house test team, but who knows with sm?!

SamD
FISO Knight

Backward Jumps

Post by SamD »

@ quizking; yes, Jumps website is not friendly...

Procedure to create Fiso league and then accept teams into it necessitated several trials and errors. Own browser is Google Chrome by the way.
  • 1 - first, log in to http://www.thejumps.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and enter 12-digit coupon number*

2 - then access http://www.thejumps.com/league.aspx?page=create" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to create a league name & pw

3 - each invited person then logs in to an individual team via link 1 (above) before adding it, through link 2, using the league name and password; this generates an email informing the mini-league creator that a new team is pending

4 - finally, the league coordinator logs in with first team before accessing http://www.thejumps.com/league.aspx?page=admin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to accept (or decline or ignore) each request

* there's no team naming facility this year

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Aha, seems as though I wasn't going crazy after all - sm have just sent out an email this afternoon, saying they have just set up a mini-league feature. Top left of home stable page does ideed now have a mini-league tab. Have gone through the rigmarole, should be three teams pending (though the site from my end indicates that there are ten teams in the league, but doesn't display what they are). Though with no stable name facility as yet, sm seem to have somewhat missed the point - as it won't be clear who amongst your friends or colleagues you are actually up against, or indeed beating. So it goes.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Simonsig out for the season.
At Fishers Cross has penalty kick tomorrow, Celestial Halo NR.
Un de Sceaux has an almost unmissable penalty kick in a 3 runner race on Sunday, forecast price 1/20.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Simonsig is going to hurt alot of people.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Points today for S Conti and My Tent or Yours.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Poor Sprinter Sacre - Looks like his season / career could be over.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Just had a call from my father to say he is 11th, 15th and 21st.

Shame he has SS as he stable star in all of these.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

??? Sprinter Sacre wasn't one of the stable star options - i've got him in all my stables, but he's not one of the "star" choices - I should think a big percentage of all entries will have him for that very reason, so your dad has still had a great start and is in with a shout.

Edit - striker also pointed this out earlier in the thread - ss was indeed one of the star options last year, hence the possible confusion.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Yeah, he should be ok then.

Just checked with him and he has My Tent or Yours in all of these.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Very disappointed with The Liquidator

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Very interesting weekend for those more interested in either of the two fantasy horse racing comps than in fantasy football, with real potential for some fascinating racing and possibly leader board shake ups.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Horse Racing”