Goalkeeper choices for the Daily Mail

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Goalkeeper choices for the Daily Mail

Post by CptPugwash »

There's a number of approaches to this.
1 First choice GK & cheapest possible.
2. Home/Away approach. Pick a pair like Everton/Liverpool ManCity/ManUtd get a home game every week and an away game some weeks
3. Fixture approach - Short Term Liverpool/Man City gets you 2 games a week for the first 6 weeks. More medium term Liverpool with Chelsea Spurs or Man City gets 2 games 7 times out of the first 10 weeks. As far as i can see the other combinations to offer 7 double week games out of the opening 10 are:- Tot/New Che/Swa Tot/Stoke Che/Stoke Tot/Nor Tot/Sun & Che/Eve
4 Fixture approach - Long Term picking either Swansea or Spurs (Europa Cup) plus AN other is almost certainly the combination most likely to get 2 games most often over a season. Picking 2 of the "Big4" will get as many Non-Saturday games but they tend to play each other more often when they do in Super Sunday Fixtures.

Option 1. This obviously is the cheapest and with a small amount of luck means no transfers required over the season, but at the same time it's going to score fewer points.
Option 2. I'm not sure how smart this is. I remember 1 season going with a Liverpool/Everton combination and rather annoyingly both teams seemed to be picking up more clean sheets on the road.
Option 3. Can be expensive and likely to lead to some difficult selection choices, but should get points.
Option 4. Lloris looks a good choice to me here, especially as certain combinations satisfy option 3. It might well be worth having a short term plan, and using a transfer to bring in Vorm after Swansea's difficult opening fixtures.

Possible pairings.
Hart (MCY) Jakupovic (HUL) 9.7m the ultimate eggs in 1 basket combination, no thinking ever about the choice of GK, but I doubt it can outscore better thought pairings.
Marshall (CAR) Vorm (SWA) 9m gets the weekly H/A, long term double week prospects, and a reasonably cheap pair - maybe worth a punt if you think Cardiff are capable of a few clean sheets at home, and you are prepared to accept Swansea's horrible opening fixtures.
Szczesney (Ars) LLoris (TOT) 10.9m gets the weekly H/A, 6 out off first 10 weeks doubles, long term double week prospects, and very attractive opening fixtures for both sides.
Mannone (Sun) Krul (NEW) 8.7m gets the weekly H/A. Cheap, worth a punt if you think both sides will improve on last seasons efforts.
Mignolet (Liv) Hart (MCY) 11.2m. The ultimate short term combination. double week for 6 weeks, and taking advantage of Liverpool's attractive opening fixtures.
LLoris (TOT) Mignolet (LIV) 10.6m. Good for medium term and hopefully long term double weeks. Again taking advantage of Liverpool's opening fixtures, and Spurs' aren't too bad either. I think my preferred pairing.

There's obviously a lot more viable combinations. These are just food for thought, please comment and offer any more suggestions.

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Re: Goalkeeper choices for the Daily Mail

Post by Achiles74 »

I normally go for a cheapie option and a expensive signing, and then rotate them.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”