To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Daily Star 2013-14

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Daily Star newspaper.
jonesbones
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFE Winner 2011, 3rd in Sky Sports FF 2013, 3rd in Daily Mail 2011

Daily Star 2013-14

Post by jonesbones »

Game is now up and running:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/fantasyfootball

First team now free, £5 after that, no 3 teams for £10 tho that I can see.
GKs and Defenders seem to be more expensive than before, but Mids and Strikers (apart from RVP) are all cheaper! :shock:

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: Daily Star 2013-14

Post by Striker »

Budget this year is inappropriately lax. Just selected a team with money still in the bank which would have cost £55.5 mill in TFF. Another example of dumbing down a game, so that the guy who has been pressured to enter by his mates is able to select who he wants.

Shame on you Clevertv!

At least TFF has gone in the other direction this season.

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

Good to see this one back. 8-)

It's now the only 11 man FF game that doesn't explicitly exclude overseas entrants and gives also us a chance by implementing a daily transfer deadline. Also good to see them sticking with 24 transfers - still too many IMHO, but at least they haven't gone up to 30.

The prize money is also a fair percentage of the likely total of entrants fees - unlike one or two other games I could mention. :wink:

With NZ Sky TV losing the rights to show Premiership football, at least this game will give me some interest in the new season.
Last edited by AkNotSpur on 27 Jul 2013, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

Striker wrote:Budget this year is inappropriately lax. Just selected a team with money still in the bank which would have cost £55.5 mill in TFF. Another example of dumbing down a game, so that the guy who has been pressured to enter by his mates is able to select who he wants.

Shame on you Clevertv!

Have to agree Striker prefer the 20 transfers.. Just did a quick draft team didn't need any enablers !!!....

t.gridley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by t.gridley »

Surely £5 a team is too much for a first prize of 20k

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore

Post by AkNotSpur »

t.gridley wrote:Surely £5 a team is too much for a first prize of 20k
I think you need to take into account the likely number of entries - last season there were only 13k - although the overall standard is very high and the Top 100 usually reads like a who's who of FF managers.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Striker wrote:Budget this year is inappropriately lax. Just selected a team with money still in the bank which would have cost £55.5 mill in TFF. Another example of dumbing down a game, so that the guy who has been pressured to enter by his mates is able to select who he wants.

Shame on you Clevertv!

surely you are understating it!
there must be something wrong when the complete team of Man City (arguably the best in the league) still leaves £5m under budget

Des
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Des »

Received via email today...
"Daily Star Fantasy Football is back and from today all teams are now HALF PRICE!

Your first team is still FREE to enter but from today all further teams you enter are just £2.50 each!"
Tough on any players who had already entered, but perhaps an indication of a poor sign-up rate so far, even with the easy budget. :shock:

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

wouldn't harm them to let £5 entries double up but don't expect them to value the loyal players who supported the game at the higher rate. Bit like internet/tv/phone package suppliers who are only interested in throwing half price deals at new customers.

vaughana
Kevin and Perry

Post by vaughana »

Cost of team entry now dropped to £2.50 per team.

Hadn't seen the post two above re half price!

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

No need for anyone who has paid a fiver a team to get upset. Simply telephone the help-line and they will probably give you the credits for additional teams. Based on my experience at least, the helpline is actually friendly and helpful. Some time ago I paid for five teams although I didn't select them. When I entered my teams today I saw the reduced price and rang to find out what was going on. I was given the extra teams without any persuasion on my part. The guy even had the grace to volunteer "it's not an ideal situation". After all "it's no skin off their nose" to hand out extra teams to people who have already paid. It would only affect their revenue if some difficult sod demanded half his money back.

My only problem now is that I selected six teams and then had to choose another five. Managing 11 teams is probably outside my comfort zone. :wink: :lol:

P.S. If there is any overseas manager who has paid a fiver a team but lives in some silly time zone like AkNotSpur so that it would be difficult to telephone the helpline when it is open, just PM me your real life name, email address and how many teams you paid for at £5 a go, and I'll try and ensure that you get your additional teams.

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore

Post by AkNotSpur »

Striker wrote:P.S. If there is any overseas manager who has paid a fiver a team but lives in some silly time zone like AkNotSpur so that it would be difficult to telephone the helpline when it is open, just PM me your real life name, email address and how many teams you paid for at £5 a go, and I'll try and ensure that you get your additional teams.
Thanks for the kind offer, Striker - but I'm quite happy to have paid a tenner for my 3 teams and don't have the time to manage any more. The entry figure must have been pretty low for The Star to have halved the price - but good luck to all who take advantage. The pound is so low these days that a few quid is neither here or there. :|

Good luck to everyone for the coming season. 8-)

t.gridley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by t.gridley »

I have just returned from the States. I entered my free team before I went and was hoping for a reduction when I came back.
Five pound a go is just too much when the prize is only 20k.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

t.gridley wrote:I have just returned from the States. I entered my free team before I went and was hoping for a reduction when I came back.
Five pound a go is just too much when the prize is only 20k.
Lucky is it £2.50 a go

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Happy with my start
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore

Post by AkNotSpur »

17,500 entries - a slight improvement on last season; although new monthly attempts will probably take that up to 20k by the season's end.

The traditional 'slow' start from YT. :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Star FF games”