To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Pub team - The Lost Souls' Alliance

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
evilflamingo
Treebeard

Pub team - The Lost Souls' Alliance

Post by evilflamingo »

Welcome to my humble abode. A thread dedicated to my pub team in celebration of my 10th season in charge.

The team has up until recently gone by the name of Evilution FC but as an act of celebration I've decided to re-name them to The Lost Souls' Alliance as an homage to my all-time favourite video game. It is also a sign of the Revolución to come as I feel that the squad is finally ready to start challenging the teams in the higher divisions.

I took over the team halfway into season 24 which was their first season of existence and have deliberately taken my time building the squad, aquiring and farming youths to build up a solid core and generating a good amount of gold along the way.

So after having finished season 34 and recieving a CR that netted us 13 singles and 2 double, this is the squad that I will bring into battle in Season 35.

Team link: http://www.xperteleven.com/team.aspx?TeamID=868436&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Squad value: 176 M
Funds: 42,5M

We may not be the strongest side as we still needs some growing - particularly in defence - but we should be able to win division 5 and with good development who knows how far we can reach after that? Because as Voltaire once said; "God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best" and I'll be damned if I can't teach these fellows how to shoot!
Last edited by evilflamingo on 10 Jun 2013, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Re: Pub team - The Lost Souls' Alliance

Post by Rob »

Looks nicely set up, with a nice few HTs in there.

The young GK should take over in a few seasons. Are you planning to get a young forward in?

evilflamingo
Treebeard

Post by evilflamingo »

Rob wrote:Looks nicely set up, with a nice few HTs in there.

The young GK should take over in a few seasons. Are you planning to get a young forward in?
Thank you. That's exactly the plan on both accounts. I plan to keep Rossbach for at least a couple of seasons more to help with average age and then let Stålnacke take over around the age of 25. I also have a 16/4 striker coming in to replace the 20/7 double jumper that I just sold.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I'd bring an older freekicker in defence, or a captain SQ until your younger defence matures.

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

Iw ould sell the older GK now.
the other one can get such massive DV you can get another double out of him

I would then buy 2 x 16/4 strikers

and maybe even 1 in midfield too

great bank balance. I find it impossible to get that high

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

was gonna post the current FoF situation here but cant find paint on windows 8

evilflamingo
Treebeard

Post by evilflamingo »

Thank you both for the great advice!

Are you really sure about selling Rossbach? Would you propose buying an old defender (perhaps FK as suggested below) in that case or just make do with what I've got? He did just gain a single bar and is low on his skill band so it is probably the right thing to do from an economic stand point but it would cost me in terms of ability and average age.

Regarding the strikers, I am looking at bringing in a 16/4. However I have tried juggling 4 strikers in the past and find that quite hard even though I'm mostly playing 3-5-2. Have you - or anyone else - had more positive experiences from this lately?

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

In an official league where you have a team capapble of getting through 3 or 4 rounds of the cup (so you get 6-7 games total) then yes 4 strikers is easy
You play the youngest 1 in each of the first 4 games of the cup. This usually fills up their DV pretty full.

352 with a sub situation will also fill up the 3rd striker quicker than you think when he comes on when you are 2 up or 2 down
also the next 2-3 cup games after the first 4 will complete their DV

FoF CR for the 4 strikers

Saric 16DV
Kariya 16DV
thalberg 16DV
Schiafino 18DV

The selling of the older GK is a tight call right now. the 22 is getting to an age now where he needs to play a much greater part of the season if you want to over extend his futire skill throuhg high DV CRs

On reflection i would be splitting the appearances this season and selling the older guy NEXT season, if he is low skill in his band though i may make it the last couple of games before this season end

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I'm having a torrid time getting DV into strikers these days and am having to play 343 against strong sides just to get DV up somewhere decent. The price of playing 451 I suppose. You could argue that it's not very realistic as lone strikers gain more experience playing alone up front as they get the ball twice as often than a 2 formation!

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

WilBert wrote:I'm having a torrid time getting DV into strikers these days and am having to play 343 against strong sides just to get DV up somewhere decent. The price of playing 451 I suppose. You could argue that it's not very realistic as lone strikers gain more experience playing alone up front as they get the ball twice as often than a 2 formation!
I manage with three forwards in a squad but only if the youngest is 21 or younger. Can't imagine juggling four.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

I run with 2 strikers in some of my teams now. Similar to Rob, the only time I can get enough DV into 3 is if one is a teenager.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Lovely squad. 28yr old FK Defender (agree with Wilbert there) & a 16/4 striker would be my additions. With a farm or two to regenerate some cash. GL Evilflamingo :)

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

the 24/11 FK mid is more than good enough

you gys are throwing econs away buying that defender

you do that there is no way you can get DV into the younger defs

evilflamingo
Treebeard

Post by evilflamingo »

Thank you all for the replies. I was able to grab this 16/4 striker for €9M yesterday: http://www.xperteleven.com/player.aspx? ... 81569&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (quick, cheat).

I will probably hold off both the 4th striker and the experienced defender for now and grab an extra 16/4 or 16/3 to develop in midfield instead.

I will also use the first few games to evaluate my GK situation and possibly let Rossbach go if I am able to find a nice looking replacement.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”