To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Take a bow Scott Redding

A forum for fans of Fantasy Motor Cycling games (including Fantasy Superbikes and Fantasy Speedway)
CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Take a bow Scott Redding

Post by CanaryYellow »

15 years old, 8th grand prix and he has become the first Brit to win a 125cc race since 1973.

Sunday: Wins Gp in front of 88,000 fans
Monday: School :lol:

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Re: Take a bow Scott Redding

Post by bluenosey »

Great wasn't it ? Potential superstar in the making, fingers crossed.

Well worth an A+.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

I wasn't able to see the race live but watched it back last night and enjoyed the whole thing enormously (Alan Davies should join the Eurosport guys more often!).

This season it's been interesting to see our apparent next GP winner Bradley Smith turning into something of a crasher, whilst Scott has been quietly doing a good job on less than top quality machinery.

Then when the conditions were right he and another guy in a similar position race away from a field and only one of them makes the finish. A six-second win is like an eternity in the 125s and from a guy 8 races into a career in a "normal" dry race - well it's just astounding to see.

Funniest moment had to be when di Meglio got his champers on the podium, Scott kind of beckoned him over with a sort-of "give us a swig" action. Underage drinking tsk tsk :lol: :lol:

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

CanaryYellow wrote:15 years old, 8th grand prix and he has become the first Brit to win a 125cc race since 1973.
Youngest rider to ever win any race in the history of GP bike racing beating Melandri's record by about 6 months.

To put this in context, Valentino Rossi who I hear is quite quick on occasion won his 11th GP at the age of 17.

Current young scamp in the top class Lorenzo won his 26th GP at the age of 16y 4m.

Redding's doing alright then!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Mystery wrote:
CanaryYellow wrote:15 years old, 8th grand prix and he has become the first Brit to win a 125cc race since 1973.
Youngest rider to ever win any race in the history of GP bike racing beating Melandri's record by about 6 months.

To put this in context, Valentino Rossi who I hear is quite quick on occasion won his 11th GP at the age of 17.

Current young scamp in the top class Lorenzo won his 26th GP at the age of 16y 4m.

Redding's doing alright then!
If Redding is 15 and beat the record by 6 months, just how quickly did Lorenzo rattle his wins off to get to 26 by the age of 16 1/3 ?

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

He won his 1st GP at the 26th time of asking murf.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

CanaryYellow wrote:He won his 1st GP at the 26th time of asking murf.
Getcha now :idea:

stu_p_id
Treebeard

Post by stu_p_id »

I don’t normally switch on until lunchtime, so I haven’t been following the 125s this year. I had heard the name but didn’t really know much about him.

I don’t normally take much pleasure when someone crashes out, but in this case I was quite happy when Iannone’s front end went away. I think Scott may have got him anyway because he was making him push too hard, but it took any uncertainty away. I might even switch on early for Assen on Saturday.

Lastly, how old did Marquez look? Scott looked positively ancient by comparison.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Motor Cycling”