To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO F1 Style League - Division 1 thread

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)
Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Re: FISO F1 Style League - Division 1 thread

Post by Hogmeister »

ajcairns wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 18:03 Support driver to the Hogmeister signing in - I'll try do my best Bottas-at-Mercedes impression to let the Hog take the full glory whilst ensuring we conquer all as a team.
Good to have you on board. Not sure about this “support driver” malarkey though, especially as you finished 20k above me last year!

Either way, looking forward to it :D

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Post by Ralfbergs »

Still waiting on blahblah and Miketelly to enter the FPL league. The league code to enter is sent to you by private message.

mogwai
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 21st season FPL; twice top10k, nine top50k; Double-Pick Quick Champion 17/18 and 20/21; Last16 Everton League Cup 21/22

Post by mogwai »

Ralfbergs wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 10:57
Additionally, if you get into top 10, you can get points for what we will call "fastest lap" - I thought long what this might be, but I'll keep it simple - most points for captain (remember you have to be in top 10) - and to make it so that we don't have too many fastest laps - additional tie breaker - most points for VC (if captain has same points) and if both C and VC will have same points, then the fastest lap points will be awarded to all given participants (I do expect this to happen sometimes).
Hopefully I'm allowed to post just my thoughts about the fastest lap rule.

I'd expect you'll have too many fastest laps per race when proceeding like this. So what about e.g. to reward the highest GW score for a "race weekend" when qualification and race results (best GWscore out of two GWs?)?

Or you could just note my thought and maybe introduce next year...

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

mogwai wrote: 15 Jul 2022, 14:57
Ralfbergs wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 10:57
Additionally, if you get into top 10, you can get points for what we will call "fastest lap" - I thought long what this might be, but I'll keep it simple - most points for captain (remember you have to be in top 10) - and to make it so that we don't have too many fastest laps - additional tie breaker - most points for VC (if captain has same points) and if both C and VC will have same points, then the fastest lap points will be awarded to all given participants (I do expect this to happen sometimes).
Hopefully I'm allowed to post just my thoughts about the fastest lap rule.

I'd expect you'll have too many fastest laps per race when proceeding like this. So what about e.g. to reward the highest GW score for a "race weekend" when qualification and race results (best GWscore out of two GWs?)?

Or you could just note my thought and maybe introduce next year...
Yes of course, anyone is allowed to post their thoughts or suggestions (can't guarantee putting them in practice but will of course consider :D )

About your idea - yes actually it is quite a good one, but I will twist it around a bit (next paragraph). I struggled a bit with how to do it since I tried to put as much of F1 type of things to get points for as possible, but without askin extra effort from participants - so at first I thought only captain points would be good, but that is obviously too many players, so captain + vice is what I thought would be the best.

So the slight change to the rule, based on my idea plus part of mogwai suggestion - instead of one point for fastest lap for highest C (and VC as tiebreaker) in race - I will award that point for highest C points in qualification (or sprint)+race (means sum of C in both gameweeks) - leaving the same tiebreaker in place (only also using it as a sum of both gameweeks).

Still awarded only to those, who get into top 10 in race though

Why I do not want to implement it to highest score overall - then I think it will favor too much the highest places, but fastest time theoretically can be set by anyone (yes, I know, in real it usually will be the main guys, the favorites etc, but I am trying to make this comp more even, plus it is anyway just one point you get).

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Ralfbergs wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 07:19 Still waiting on blahblah and Miketelly to enter the FPL league. The league code to enter is sent to you by private message.
Only Miketelly left to join the league in FPL, then we are ready to go (as said before, results will be only here, league is for easier access too all the scores in one place) - he was last in Fiso on 9th July only though, so hoping of an apperance closer to start of season :)

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Since we have two divisions, there will also be relegation to Division 2- will decide later for how many drivers, but currently the most likely seems bottom 3 - so that there is also more fight at the bottom towards the end of season, plus more to fight for those who get top spots in Division 2.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

First qualification of the year is closing in and I can already see people are preparing their cars for the best performance! Different strategies - some start off with more experiments and then change quickly what needs to be upgraded (a la FPL wildcard :) ), some prepare for the long run and not many changes from the start - whichever tactic you choose, I wish you all the best and lets have fun in this!

Last rule/competition updates before the weekend -

1) Bottom 3 drivers at the end of the season will be relegated to division 2.
2) At the start of the next season drivers will be able to choose their teams based on their performance this year (meaning winner chooses first, then 2nd place etc) - that way top drivers will get to choose top teams or if stay to the team that helped them perform the best. This rule is more regarding next year, so not important for this year, just writing it down so don't forget.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

BAHRAIN (Bahrain International Circuit) - QUALIFICATION RESULTS (GW1) 🇧🇭
F1_GW1_Q_Div1.png
Congratulations blahblah representing AlphaTauri with P1 in the season opener! Of course some additional upgrades to the car for this qualification in particular came to help, but nevertheless, impressive drive to secure pole position!

Close behind in P2 we see Talkie Toaster driving Aston Martin and P3 spot is taken by Alfa Romeo driver - wahine, while her teammate Fuzzy is actually near behind.

Alfa Romeo definitely starting strong, as predicted preseason, while the only other team with 2 cars in top 2 is Aston Martin.

Meanwhile at the bottom end we have two Alpine drivers, which is not surprising, while interestingly enough both Red Bull drivers also are closer to bottom than to top.

Early doors though, but your qualifying positions for the race could certainly play a significant role next weekend - learn from your mistakes, seek out the positives and build on it! Now that we have got to know our cars and the track better - lets get ready to race in GW 2! :)

----
FPL points you see in green will be the ones you get added to your GW2 score to see the overall result for the race.

The tables will be a bit basic, but hope they are easy to understand - tell me if something is not clear.

Just wanted to add - I am still counting all chips used - yes, some gameweeks they will give an advantage to some drivers more than others, but throughout the season it will even out.

Secondly - there will be times that we might have same drivers in first spots or whatever - I thought about introducing some tie-breakers, but to make it easier to calculate for me plus same results are same results, I won't be using tie-breakers (at least not this year) for that and if this happens in race too, then some drivers will just share the same position and split points between them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Are you sure those modifications to Alpha Tauri are legal :roll: . I would like an inquisition immediately!!.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

Anyone can win from the front row... The real skill is coming from 18th and roaring through the field to win 😜😜

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

andybarrell wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 15:34 Anyone can win from the front row... The real skill is coming from 18th and roaring through the field to win 😜😜
Exactly that!!!! ROT! :wink: :wink:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

wahine wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 23:04 Are you sure those modifications to Alpha Tauri are legal :roll: . I would like an inquisition immediately!!.
:lol:

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

wahine wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 23:04 Are you sure those modifications to Alpha Tauri are legal :roll: . I would like an inquisition immediately!!.
After further inspection from the governing bodies it has been concluded that there has been no foul play :D
andybarrell wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 15:34 Anyone can win from the front row... The real skill is coming from 18th and roaring through the field to win 😜😜
That would definitely be quite impressive! :lol:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Saving the tyres and lulling the opposition into a false sense of security during qualifying is a recognised tactic and grid position is over rated imo ;)

andybarrell
Dumbledore

Post by andybarrell »

looks like a P11 in the end, a slow pitstop has cost me the chance of a points finish

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

BAHRAIN (Bahrain International Circuit) - RACE RESULTS (GW2) 🇧🇭
F1_GW2_R_Div1.png
F1_GW2_R_Div1_Constructor.png
Bahrain_f1.PNG
Congratulations to our winner Smokin'RayArnold representing Aston Martin with the win in the Bahrain GP! Very nice drive indeed with combination of failures from other teams in the race resulted in a climb from P7 in qualification to the top spot! Time to pop the champagne!

2nd place goes to Smurphy's Paw, who was close behind to our race winner (and had an amazing drive, given the start from the middle of the pack!), but lacked few seconds to get the win.

In 3rd place we see Hogmeister, who started the race from decent position and had a solid race and pit stop strategy to guarantee the top 3 spot

------
Other interesting facts from the race - we see that Aston Martin has started the season strong - with 2 drivers in the top 6 and taking the lead in our constructor's standings. Another team with 2 drivers in our top 10, albeit in last 2 spots of it, are from Mercedes, both having a decent drive.

Our qualification winner blahblah had problems in one of the pitstops, losing important seconds and fell out of the top 3, still securing decent points finishing in the 4th place.

Biggest surprise was wahine, who managed to fall to 15th place after struggling with the chosen tyres - falling from 3rd spot in the starting grid

So far only 2 teams with no points - surprisingly Red Bull and also Alpine (but we did put Alpine in 10th spot in power rankings)

Additionally fastest lap in the race was from Malrom, who managed to push a good lap towards the end of the race. Just to remind about fastest lap point - it is given to driver in top 10 in the race, based on captain points in both GW - Malrom actually had the same result as Talkie Toaster for captain points, so VC points came into play as tie-breaker where Malrom got the point with massive help from VC KDB in GW 2.

----
"Paid" transfers in FPL are taken from your FPL scores in all the tables. Any questions please ask
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ralfbergs on 16 Aug 2022, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Since we have only one race so far, I just reposted same results in 3rd post - later when there are more races then will upgrade the table, to show only overall standings there

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Great stuff, thanks for this Ralfbergs, some very impressive race reporting here!

Congrats to Smokin Ray Arnold…

…and it’s nice to start the season with a podium place too 8-)

andybarrell
Dumbledore

Post by andybarrell »

great race all, i have decided to qualify higher up the grid for the Australian Grand Prix to try and give myself a better chance at a points finish, my plan of starting near the back clearly was the wrong one :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Great write up, not so sure about Darwin though 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

A podium place and second in the constructors championship is better than we anticipated at McLaren.
Just wait until we complete the additional paperwork and get enough parts get through customs to be able to upgrade our second car as well as our first!

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Nice write-up Ralfbergs!

The team from the antipodes will be adopting slightly different tactics on our hometrack, and will not be so easily shaken.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Thanks Ralfbergs, I'm sure Malrom exceeded track limits on his fastest lap though.

At least it's only the driver thats smokin' in the Aston Martin and not the engines.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 22:40 Thanks Ralfbergs, I'm sure Malrom exceeded track limits on his fastest lap though.

At least it's only the driver thats smokin' in the Aston Martin and not the engines.
I was in a snail race.... :lol: :lol: :lol: btw, the sky is the limit!! 8-) 8-)

Miketelly
Kevin and Perry

Post by Miketelly »

Enjoyed the write up very much! Stoked to be part of this. Go Team Haas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Smurphy Paw wrote:A podium place and second in the constructors championship is better than we anticipated at McLaren.
Just wait until we complete the additional paperwork and get enough parts get through customs to be able to upgrade our second car as well as our first!
And get the 2nd driver to start pushing his new car a little harder! Image

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Over at Ferrari I had hoped to avoid any incidents but headbutting another driver slowed me down a bit :(

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 22:40 Thanks Ralfbergs, I'm sure Malrom exceeded track limits on his fastest lap though.

Driver that's smoking in the car :lol:- i wonder what the FIA guidelines say about that regarding lowering CO2 emissions from further years :lol:

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

SECOND RACE:
GW3-GW4 : AUSTRALIA (Albert Park Circuit) ( QUALIFICATION + RACE ) 🇦🇺

Second race of the season takes us down under to Australia - home nation of our Alfa Romeo driver Fuzzy, who will certainly push for the win here after 5th spot in Bahrain. Meanwhile the other driver of Alfa Romeo wahine still has to find the consistency after falling so many places in the race after P3 in qualification.

Currently the top team is Aston Martin with both drivers impressing in Bahrain, so we can see that they came prepared for the season well - it has been one race only though, so lets see what other teams bring to the second race of the season - Red Bull Racing unexpectedly still without points, so maybe yet another team with something to prove in this race It is early start though and while some teams have started well, it really does depend where the form goes and if they find what to improve in their cars. Good example here is Mercedes - two drivers in the top 10, which is great, but P9 and P10, which gives them only 7-8th place in constructor's standings.

My prediction - main fight will be between Aston Martin, Alfa Romeo, McLaren and Ferrari for the constructor points in this race, while I do expect the winner of the race to come from same top 6 from Bahrain race - will it again be the driver from Aston Martin notorious for smoking in the car a.k.a Smokin'RayArnold? Lets see! This is just my guesswork, lets see how correct it is :lol:.

Qualification starts on 20th August (GW3) while the race will be start on 27th August (GW4) - there is still some time to make some upgrades for your cars, if you see fit. The weather is expected to be sunny, but with a slight chance of rain, so lets see how well the drivers take any additional factors into account.

Good luck for the race and prepare your racecars well!

andybarrell
Dumbledore

Post by andybarrell »

Managed to get in a steady couple of practise laps, (currently inside top 10) however i felt something in the engine let go as i was on my in lap, JESUS that was scary :roll: not sure if it can be fixed in time for final qualifying.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”