To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premier Tiers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Premier Tiers

Post by blahblah »

I have sorted out the fixture list, with GW's as rows (so I can understand it) and the colour of each team can be changed, but only 4 colours as Open Office doesn't allow that crucial 5th....

This is the current set up. I have ummed and arred about the promoted Clubs as they are the most likely to overperform in August and Septamber, but atm they are in the bottom group with those I expect to really struggle; and Group 2 are battling for 3rd to 10th ish and is where I kinda need the 5th colour :roll:

ARS 2
AVL 3
BOU 4
BRE 3
BHA 3
CHE 2
CRY 3
EVE 4
FUL 4
LEE 4
LEI 2
LIV 1
MCI 1
MUN 2
NEW 2
NFO 4
SOU 4
TOT 2
WHU 2
WOL 3

Are they any disagreements?

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Premier Tiers

Post by wonkypenguin »

I'd have Chelsea in group 1 tbh

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

Bit hard on Everton, though you might be right.

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

i would put toon boys in group 3. dont think they are quite ready for a top ten battle just yet. might need another january transfer window to boost them up there

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

blahblah wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 16:22
Of course there are... :lol:

Are the club tiers for fixtures (assessment of the chances of other teams against them? or are they attack or defence ratings ? , or a mixture of both. :roll:

And are the teams better or worse at home or away, and would their colour change according to this :wink:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

wonkypenguin wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 23:39 I'd have Chelsea in group 1 tbh
I just watched them play Arsenal :roll: group 2 looks generous :oops:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

They looked like number 2 to me...

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

wahine wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 02:14

Are the club tiers for fixtures (assessment of the chances of other teams against them? or are they attack or defence ratings ? , or a mixture of both. :roll:

And are the teams better or worse at home or away, and would their colour change according to this :wink:
…and over which fixtures are these ratings for? Even it’s the first 5-8 fixtures, there’ll be big differences depending on whether or not you include an extra week or two.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Oxford NZ wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 03:11 I just watched them play Arsenal :roll: group 2 looks generous :oops:
Yeah they were awful... I retract my comment! :oops: :oops: :oops:

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Think 3rd to 10th is too wide, you need a another group for teams below Chelsea/Man United/Arsenal/Spurs for those fighting for Europa League/Conference spots

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hogmeister wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 09:18
wahine wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 02:14

…and over which fixtures are these ratings for? Even it’s the first 5-8 fixtures, there’ll be big differences depending on whether or not you include an extra week or two.
They are for other teams to play against.

I have a work in progress Spreadsheet, and I can change the club's tier as the season progresses.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

thebillfella wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 09:55 Think 3rd to 10th is too wide, you need a another group for teams below Chelsea/Man United/Arsenal/Spurs for those fighting for Europa League/Conference spots
Unfortunately I can only do 4 colours: the default and 3 choices....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Oxford NZ wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 03:11
wonkypenguin wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 23:39 I'd have Chelsea in group 1 tbh
I just watched them play Arsenal :roll: group 2 looks generous :oops:
I've been banging this drum since late last season.

I think 2Holes is out of his depth, and he has to bed in a whole new CB setup.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore

Post by Hogmeister »

blahblah wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 10:42 They are for other teams to play against.

I have a work in progress Spreadsheet, and I can change the club's tier as the season progresses.
Ah OK, now I understand, sorry for the dumb question!

A bit like the famous quote “we’re gonna need a bigger boat”, you really could do with an extra band/colour, but you know that. As you say, that tier 2 especially is very broad indeed, and the difference between Spurs and West Ham/Newcastle is IMO a hell of a lot bigger than the difference between West Ham/Newcastle and Villa, for example. I’d have Villa in tier 2 I think, but that would make tier 2 even bigger.

Forest are probably the strongest of the three promoted teams after their recent signings, and arguably could be put in Tier 3.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I've reformatted the list into the Groups.... and remember it is a grouping on whether playing that particular Club is easy -> difficult. The Spreadsheet has these teams in Caps if playing at home, and lower case, if away. Maybe during the season I can find a better way of incorporating that, but that will need certain teams to be better away than at home.

While discussing\arguing about Clubs in which groups, please remember that it is for playing them now\soon as a Club can be moved to a different group very easily...

1, The obvious 2 title battlers
LIV
MCI

2 The next lot of trying to get close to the Top 2 and into Europe
ARS
TOT
I think these 2 are locked in to the Top 6 and at least 1 will be top 4..

CHE
MUN
I've been posting against Chelsea (as not CL bankers for a fair while) and now Tuchel is agreeing with blah 8-) 8-) I have these 2 grouped together as they really could finish anywhere from 3rd down to I dread where..

NEW
LEI
WHU
I think these are a clear grouping of nowhere near relegation, and not top 3rd with a very small chance of the CL, ie 5th or 6th to 10th is where they finish

3 The mediocre ie boringly average, who aren't getting into the Top 6, and could\should avoid the relegation battle.

CRY tbh, I think these are the only one of these that deserve to be in this Group, or maybe even the impossible 2.5 Group of chasing an EL spot and in no danger of hitting the relegation battle, even though their pre-season has been trashed by (arguably the best) half the squad not going to Aus, with Vieira.

With the exception of BHA, I think all the rest should be glad to stay up
AVL - they weren't that far from the relegation battle last season as they finished really badly ie kinda when hit 40 points. Remember all the moans from people who kept Cout too long, with some even buying him?
BRE - 2nd season syndrome is a REAL thing. They have may have overperformed with Erikkkkssen, who has gone.... My fooked memory seems to remember them (and Toney) doing well with the Dane.
BHA - Nope, I don't know how they do it, maybe Potter is a freaking GOD as he turns them from thingy's backs to the wall lot to an OK team to watch, and
we can wonder how high they would finish with a goalscorer...
WOL - I hardly watched any of their matches last season, as I missed out on their impressive defence, but then they seemed to go to shite near the end of the season and chased Villa down the Prem? (this is a question as I'm Wolves-ignorant) I see them carrying on from where I think they left off, with another manager hitting his second season and no purchases of particular interest\benefit..

4 The Relegation Battlers
BOU
FUL
NFO
I did have the promoted sides in 3, as they are most likely (but not certain) to overperform their eventual finishing position during August and September.

EVE
LEE
SOU
All 3 of these were lucky to stay up last season, and I see no reason for them to improve significantly.....

If anyone wants to test the S\Sheet, PM your email address....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Having typed this out, I thought that I should try to maintain it through the season, as teams move up and down the Groups - but some collective thoughts of FISO would be good......

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Thanks for uploading 👏👏👏👏

Just change the numbers on Sheet 3 and 2 should update.......

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

blahblah wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 15:11BHA - Nope, I don't know how they do it, maybe Potter is a freaking GOD
He's a wizard.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Magic wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 12:13
blahblah wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 15:11BHA - Nope, I don't know how they do it, maybe Potter is a freaking GOD
He's a wizard.
Definitely a God after the MU win?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I forgot to update the tiers, as my head went beserk with setting up the teams..

I tweaked the top group to include Arse and Spuds as they are a cut above the rest atm (the tiers are in alphabetical order)

Arse - I thought Palace were really rather good, and probably the best thing I can type about Arse is that they would not have won a match like this last season
Lpool - as per Palace, I thought Fulham were rather good, well organised and loads of effort... and Lpool were found wanting. I expect a backlash next weekend, but it is against Palace :?
Citeh - I still think they are off the pace and lacking fluency with the ball. WHam were very unMoyeslike ie lazy and disorganised in defence and Palace\Fulham were much better tests.
Spuds - I didn't see much of this at all, but it all seems good for them in August :wink:

2nd
Che - from what little Ive seen they looked scrappy, and only winning 1-0 against Everton with no forwards and injured CB's isn't the expected result. The transfer dust has to settle and have a few impressive results\performances before they threaten the top tier.
Lei - the financial position has them close to dropping. The squad is thin, old, fragile and obviously other Clubs only want their best players. They are likely to drop a tier, unless things look up.
MU- Summarising that 90 mins in a few lines is a tad tricky, but they are in no danger of moving up a tier :roll:
New - a pretty much "as expected result", although the first goal was a bit of a surprise, but not the CS.
WHam - I'm not sure if that performance was a shock, or whether it was Moyes having settled in and lapsed into the poor starts that he had at Everton, for those that remember being burned by Baines at the beginning of (seemingly) ever season.

3rd - this is a confused tier of teams that I don't expect to challenge for the European spots, but not in relegation trouble.
Villa - I am biased against Gerrard, and hie recent PC's have reinforced that, and they were expected to comfortably beat Bou, but they drew..
BHA - as above, Potter may well be some sort of God, or an alien :shock: and I may have to promote them if they carry on playing that well - especially looking dangerous on the attack.
Bre - I didn't see enough of their match to gauge how good they were and how poor Lei were.
Cry - very impressive by Vieira, but thay have Liv, Villa and Citeh up next. More than 3 points will be even more impressive, and less could see them have confidence issues
Wol - I wasn't able to watch this, but it isn't a good result, and they could well drop a tier rather soon as they have Fulham next.

4th - this is the promoted Clubs and 3 that I don't expect to challenge the Top 10.
Bou - as per above, I'm not sure they can be judged until I know more about Villa.
Eve - no fit fwds or CB's is far from big or clever especially as they have some winnable matches before GW6 Lpool, then Arse.
Ful - they were exceptional against Lpool, and they are starting to buy players, with Diop (WHam) likely to join Leno and Duffy. IF they keep up that effort and organistaion then they could be out of this tier rather quickly.
Lee - I wanted to watch a whack of this match, but..... I don't know how to judge the win until I know more about Wolves, but Bamford was impressive in the highlights, which is an excellent sign.
NFo - pretty much as expected at the Skunks, except for a rather peculiar corner :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sou - as per Forest, as I doubt they expected much from Spuds.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 14:42
Magic wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 12:13
He's a wizard.
Definitely a God after the MU win?
Perhaps. Or maybe its just that Man U are a doG?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

No update, but a few could well change tiers next week, I doubt an MU win will save them, but could drag Lpool down 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Hogmeister
Dumbledore

Post by Hogmeister »

blahblah wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 18:21 No update, but a few could well change tiers next week, I doubt an MU win will save them, but could drag Lpool down 🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Chelsea top tier now surely? Looks to me like there isn’t just a gap, it’s more like the grand canyon between the top 5 and the rest!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'll try and watch them as I'm not reading much/anything into the Spurs match as some YouTuber commented this week; also Kante is out....

With the tiers I'm kinda blurring end of season and which sort of an opponent they are for estimating the fixture difficulty of who they play. That should be a lot clearer 😂🤣😂🤣

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

A quick update before the 3 matches in 9 days, or whatever it is; after which I'll do a full write up. Feel free to comment etc with any you disagree with......

Citeh, - looking good, but have to solve the Walker\Stones weakness, which Newcastle exploited, and deal with Haaland unlikely to start in the Prem and CL fixtures.
Arse - looking good, but haven't played any of the good teams yet.
Spurs – looking good and showed a good attitude vs Chelsea, but have the CL to deal with.
Lpool – holy shmoly they are bad. It seems like the issues of the past weak mid 3 have re-appeared. They have slipped to the bottom of this tier and need a proper midfielder bod as I doubt Thiago will be enough to sort it out, especially as they are on the cusp of midweek matches until the World Cup.

2nd
New – Looking good for promotion to the top tier.
Che - from what little Ive seen they looked scrappy, and only winning 1-0 against Everton with no forwards and injured CB's isn't the expected result. The transfer dust has to settle and have a few impressive results\performances before they threaten the top tier. This was from the last post, and I see no reason to change it after the Leeds debacle.
MU- Summarising that 90 mins in a few lines is a tad tricky, but they are in no danger of moving up a tier I'm not promoting them after a battling counter attacking result vs Lpool. On the plus side: a performance like the first two and they would have been relegated a tier.
WHam - I'm not sure if that performance was a shock, or whether it was Moyes having settled in and lapsed into the poor starts that he had at Everton, for those that remember being burned by Baines at the beginning of (seemingly) ever season. No change, but in danger of dropping.

3rd - this is a confused tier of teams that I don't expect to challenge for the European spots, but not in relegation trouble.
Cry – it could be interesting to see how they go when their fixtures ease up as they have a chance of going up a tier.
BHA - playing well, and could be in line for the 2nd Tier.
Bre - playing well, and could be in line for the 2nd Tier.
Lei – As speculated earlier, they have dropped a tier, no GK, and may have to move quickly to replace a player, or three.
Wol – Their players are AWESOME at keep ball, but need to practice with an opponents goal.

4th - this is the promoted Clubs and 3 that I don't expect to challenge the Top 10.
Ful – looking good, and could go up a tier
Lee - looking good, and could go up a tier
Villa - As speculated earlier, they have dropped a tier,
Bou -
Eve -
NFo -
Sou -

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Hey Blah, do you have a fixture grid in this format for this season too?

TIA

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Not yet, if you find one in a spreadsheet point me at it and I'll see what I can do ...

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

blahblah wrote: 21 Jul 2023, 16:41 Not yet, if you find one in a spreadsheet point me at it and I'll see what I can do ...
It's just the base data I need, not your enhancements over the top, as I base my spreadsheet on it (previously used Romyns).
Yours was in a grid last year, do you know where you got it from?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I used his too 🤣😂🤣

I need the GWs as rows rather than columns.....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”