To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea defence

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Charade
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Chelsea defence

Post by Charade »

fred1266 wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 16:25
The Royal BlueNose wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 15:23 Chelsea in advance talks with Brighton about Cucurella and have agreed to Brighton’s valuation, according to SSN.
that why i heard barca was interested lol
:lol: :lol:
I strongly doubt Chelsea keep both Chilwell and Cucurella on the bench. That's like 120m in left backs - weren't people mocking Pep for that?
What are they thinking? One at LCB and one at LWB? One at LWB and one at LW or LM?

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Maybe Chelsea are falling into the trap that City have made for United over recent seasons? Making them think: "Well if City are in for him, he must be good and we'll steal a march on them by paying a little bit (or a lot) more".

That didn't turn out too well with Sanchez, Pogba, Maguire and Ronaldo but I think United have now wised up to it. So, step forward Chelsea, with a new chairman who thinks he can run the transfer business instead of the football brains at the club.

Just a thought.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

snout wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 13:38 Maybe Chelsea are falling into the trap that City have made for United over recent seasons? Making them think: "Well if City are in for him, he must be good and we'll steal a march on them by paying a little bit (or a lot) more".

That didn't turn out too well with Sanchez, Pogba, Maguire and Ronaldo but I think United have now wised up to it. So, step forward Chelsea, with a new chairman who thinks he can run the transfer business instead of the football brains at the club.

Just a thought.
Gr8 minds.

I was thinking the same...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Cucurella looks objectively to be a great signing though, for a young defender, he had some of the best attacking stats in Europe, and he's potentially going into a team where the LWB is a bit of a sicknote.

Only thing I wonder about is that Alonso and Chilwell have almost been finishers more than creators, so that might change the balance of their attack. Maybe some games they will need the creativity from the left flank (when James is playing at RCB for instance) with CHO or whoever playing the "Chilwell" finishing role but from the other side.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

There is still the option of Chilwell playing LCB, and buying a RWB for James to move inside?

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

blahblah wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 14:13 There is still the option of Chilwell playing LCB, and buying a RWB for James to move inside?
Why buy RWB? Isnt James one if The best in that position?

, i expect Chelsea will play Azpiculeta as RCB ans James as RWB. And try to sign either RCB or LCB
Azpi has one year remaining on Contract he will not go anywhere.

Barca Are targeting but cant afford. Theve already signed Christensen on FT, also targeting Alonso and beat Chelsea for Raphinia, Dembele and Kounde.

I have a very hard time to see Azpi or Alonso leaving for Barca. Chelsea will not let them now. If Chelsea got Kounde then maybe.
Last edited by goooner on 02 Aug 2022, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

James played RCB more than once last season, admittedly usually if the opponents had a pacy attacker on the left; and I expect Alonso to go if they get Cucagoodhair.

plasticninja
Grumpy Old Man

Post by plasticninja »

Tuchel has said "It's a bit of an advantage to have him in the back three because it's less physically demanding. But this is the next step. How many games can Reece play at wing-back? If he plays at wing-back during the season on a level where he is decisive, it is a bit less physically demanding in terms of acceleration and high speed in the back three. This helps us have him on the pitch for more minutes. He can play both positions brilliantly"

I hope he plays at RWB because he is in my team but it wouldn't surprise me if from time to time him and Azpi switch positions.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

As well as Cucurella, Chelsea apparently also interested in Inter RB Dumfries or (if that fails) Walker-Peters. Looks like they are intent on building squad depth in those wingback positions.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Chelsea also has Chalobah that can play RB (done with success in fa cup/Leauge cup/supercup finals and a also pre Season game.
So with both Azpi and Chalobah i hope he will play James as RWB as much as possible for that offensive threat. Chelsea will need it (and I will need it for my FPL team :)).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Interesting quote from TT (with regards to the Cucurella signing):

Tuchel: “It helps [Chilwell] escape the pressure of ‘I have to deliver’ and ‘we absolutely need you now’"

So it seems like it may be something more on the mental rather than the physical side for Chilwell in terms of featuring in the first team. That in many ways is much harder to both fix and play through, so I hope he can find a way back into the side and the World Cup squad if that's something he wants to do.

Charade
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Charade »

Having watched both I think Cucurella is far better than Chilwell and will end up getting that LWB spot. I'll probably bring him in for Digne after GW3.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”