To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW1 teams - who are you starting your season with?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Kentish Wombles
Kevin and Perry

Re: GW1 teams - who are you starting your season with?

Post by Kentish Wombles »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 23:24
Kentish Wombles wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 23:16 Question. This is only my second season playing this. My team is set up as 5 2 3 so I have one goalkeeper and 3 mids on the bench. If one of my defenders or strikers doesn't play does a mid come off the bench to replace that player or do I end up playing with 10 men?
Yeah, you'll end up with either 4 3 3 or 5 3 2. The only times you don't get a sub is if you'd end up with an illegal formation (less than 3 Defs or no strikers). Then your 1st bench player gets skipped and your #2 comes on, provided that would make a legal formation.
Cheers. I thought it had to be a like for like. Very helpful.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

So I've not nailed down the 11th spot yet but posting anyway (Hopefully will get some help with it here)

Ward
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, 4.5
Salah, Maddison, Rashford, Martinelli
Kane, Jesus

I've always liked Rashford as a player and, with him at 6.5 and probably starting up top first game, I feel a compelling urge to shoe-horn him in now. If he scores first game, expect a stampede!

In the £8m spot I've gone Maddison. Wanted another break from the template and he's it. He's probably just keeping the spot warm for Saka, who I expect to be bringing in soon.

So, that tricky 11th spot. I would go White but that would take up a 3rd Arsenal spot so blocks the Saka move. Dalot a possibility but not sold on him and he could anyway be in the naughty corner presently. Can't really see any other 4.5s that appeal? My alternative thought is to pick a 4.0 (Patterson) and then settle for rotating Williams and Andreas each week. This also gives the luxury of 0.5m in the bank so wouldn't be price-pressured into early transfers to catch rises. Thoughts anyone?

muld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by muld »

I like this Archy, I also have Rashford, think he'll be an early bandwagon if he baggs a goal/assist in GW1 and is an awkward price point (not much value at 6/6.5 (only Rashford and Matinelli and I have both), the better value comes at 5/5.5 (DWH, Gordon, Baily, Neto) until Rashford). Last season was bad for various reasons but he looks sharp and back at it pre season, 6.5m for a United forward previously priced at 8+ I believe? Scored 170+ points in 19/20, 20/21. I have 9 of the same players, 10 if you make your 4.5 defender Dalot who has been on fire pre season ;). Botman is also a good shout I reckon at 4.5. White / Saliba or AitNouri. They would be my choices there. Having the 8m spot is a good idea as you said you've gone for a differential but can then easily move to Diaz (more difficult with TAA, Robo, Salah ofc), Mount or Saka. I think all teams should have an 8m slot available if possible.
Last edited by muld on 05 Aug 2022, 01:02, edited 4 times in total.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Currently very top heavy and both Salah + TAA-less. I expect to chicken out tomorrow morning and go back to something more sensible! :mrgreen:

Mendy, (Henderson)
Robertson, Cancelo, Trippier, (Saliba, Justin)
Diaz, Maddison, JWP, Guimaraes, (Andreas)
Kane, Jesus, Vardy

muld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by muld »

That's definitely bold no Salah and TAA, I've not had a single draft without them. No Son either means you have none of the top 3 from last season making captain choices more prone to variance ;). I've never picked JWP in any teams, not sure why, he's solid enough. Keep an eye on Vardy situation as there could be a bid coming for him. Does that team add up to 100m? Robbo to TAA would make you feel a lot safer imo ;). It is possible to include TAA, Salah, and have that front three. I don't think the defence is great on paper but you still start TAA, Walker and Trips but obviously all your money is up front. Mendy to Henderson would allow Patterson back to Saliba, Dalot or AitNouri or another 4.5

Team below is not my team but a team based on using as many of your picks as possible whilst including TAA and Salah :)

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

jacksosi wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 17:03 Think I'm here, Perisic & Almiron :arrow: Rashford & Patterson (4.0) done in the last few minutes due to Martial injury / Perisic question marks

That last MF & DF pairing keeps changing, but the rest is fairly locked in.

Usually WC early, so not too concerned about my 3 (three!) 4.0m players :mrgreen:
almost same as me but neto over Rashford but with Matial injury it make sense

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

dan_92 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 23:10 For those picking Ward as a second goalie, he’s only just started light training again and unlikely to play straight away. With such high ownership his price could drop if people make the switch to Iversen.
gracous

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

Archy wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 23:45 So I've not nailed down the 11th spot yet but posting anyway (Hopefully will get some help with it here)

Ward
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, 4.5
Salah, Maddison, Rashford, Martinelli
Kane, Jesus

I've always liked Rashford as a player and, with him at 6.5 and probably starting up top first game, I feel a compelling urge to shoe-horn him in now. If he scores first game, expect a stampede!

In the £8m spot I've gone Maddison. Wanted another break from the template and he's it. He's probably just keeping the spot warm for Saka, who I expect to be bringing in soon.

So, that tricky 11th spot. I would go White but that would take up a 3rd Arsenal spot so blocks the Saka move. Dalot a possibility but not sold on him and he could anyway be in the naughty corner presently. Can't really see any other 4.5s that appeal? My alternative thought is to pick a 4.0 (Patterson) and then settle for rotating Williams and Andreas each week. This also gives the luxury of 0.5m in the bank so wouldn't be price-pressured into early transfers to catch rises. Thoughts anyone?
what abour Schar

Charade
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Charade »

Leicester aren't in the market for a GK. Ward and Iversen as an 8m keeper combination looks outrageously good. Or, it would, if BR could organise a defence.

AJD
Wideboy

Post by AJD »

Ramsdale, Ward
TAA, Robertson, James, Walker, Patterson
Salah, Saka, Rashford, Neto, Andreas
Kane, Jesus, Greenwood

Kane-> Haaland booked in already as Bournemouth look to be the team to target.

Dilemma for me is Walker and Saka or Cancelo and Martinelli. I like two Leicester keepers but CBA when they buy a new one. Having said that, think both Ward and Iversen are decent keepers

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Pope
TAA James Cancelo Gabriel
Salah Rashford Murphy
Kane Jesus Darwin
---------------------------------
Ward - da Silva, Patterson, Pereira

subject to some minor final changes :wink:

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Lucky wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 08:35 Pope
Salah Rashford Murphy
Kane Jesus Darwin

Murphy?

Like the rest

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

First Sub Podcast wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 08:51
Salah Rashford Murphy
Kane Jesus Darwin

Murphy?

Like the rest
Jacob Murphy - Newcastle .... enabler, but probably will not get all too many minutes. Still looking for another 4.5m playing midfielder with points potential.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I'm on a 5-4-1 at the moment:

Ederson
TAA, Robetson, Cancelo, James, Perisic
Salah, Mount, Martinelli, Bailey (Andreas)
Haaland (Greenwood, Archer)

Have a 4-4-2 draft with Sanchez, Wilson and 4.0 defender instead of Ederson, Perisic and one of the 4.0 strikers.

Might just toss a coin :lol:
Last edited by Tall Paul on 05 Aug 2022, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 3 Top 10k finishes

Post by SG_8 »

Ultra template at the moment :|

Ward (Iversen)
TAA Robbo Cancelo James (Williams)
Salah Saka Martinelli Bailey (Pereira)
Haaland Jesus (Archer)

Not fond of triple ARS attack but will probably just roll with it.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Lucky wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 09:01

Jacob Murphy - Newcastle .... enabler, but probably will not get all too many minutes. Still looking for another 4.5m playing midfielder with points potential.
Yeah as a Newcastle fan I don't recommend it. Almiron will start GW1. Murphy won't start many, if any, and will just see minutes from the bench.

If you could go 4.5 keeper and stretch to Almiron/Bailey? Or the two 4.0 keepers and look at Neto/Rodrigo/Gordon for that spot?

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

First Sub Podcast wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 09:14

Yeah as a Newcastle fan I don't recommend it. Almiron will start GW1. Murphy won't start many, if any, and will just see minutes from the bench.

If you could go 4.5 keeper and stretch to Almiron/Bailey? Or the two 4.0 keepers and look at Neto/Rodrigo/Gordon for that spot?
I might go for Colbeck instead. Thank you for your thoughts and good luck.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Archy wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 23:45
I've gone for Ait Nouri currently, as their first 6 are : lee, FUL, tot, NEW, bou, SOU

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

fred1266 wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 01:15
jacksosi wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 17:03 Think I'm here, Perisic & Almiron :arrow: Rashford & Patterson (4.0) done in the last few minutes due to Martial injury / Perisic question marks

That last MF & DF pairing keeps changing, but the rest is fairly locked in.

Usually WC early, so not too concerned about my 3 (three!) 4.0m players :mrgreen:
almost same as me but neto over Rashford but with Matial injury it make sense
Having real dilemma over:

Rashford + 2x LEI Gks + £0m

vs

Almiron + Martinez + £0.5m

Leaning towards the latter as that 0.5 could be really useful, and Martinez has : bou, EVE, cry to start, and will probably have WC'd by then

muld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by muld »

I'm still not convinced Cancelo over walker for 2m is money well spent when you drill into the numbers given it's only a 0.7 ppm increase based on last season. Thats only 27 points all season per million gain assuming equal minutes which is more likely this year. little fear on rotation assuming no signings. e.g 2m saved = 54 pts lost, you could upgrade 2x 4m defenders to 5m defenders, e.g Cash, Digne, Perisic, Cucurella, Trips and gain easily double or triple that or Andreas to Rashford etc. Example, the dude who has Murphy+Cancelo. I'd have Walker+Rashford all day. Even last seasons Rashord puts the total at almost double 54 (95).

Whinters
Cheetah

Post by Whinters »

I’m pretty settled with my team, but still deliberating over:

Saka + James
Or
Sterling + 4.5 Def

Thinking maybe Tomiyasu for the 4.5 Def, or possibly Fofana on the assumption he gets his Chelsea move?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Charade wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 05:12 Leicester aren't in the market for a GK. Ward and Iversen as an 8m keeper combination looks outrageously good. Or, it would, if BR could organise a defence.
I read that Dubravka is part of the Maddi deal, and yep to Buck.....

Edgeways
Treebeard

Post by Edgeways »

I was on a fairly standard:

Ramsdale/Ward
TAA/Robertson/Cancello/Trippier/Williams
Salah/Mount/Martinelli/Baillie/Andreas
Kane/Jesus/Greenwood

But now, particularly in light of Leicester goalkeeper situation, thinking of BBing and getting it out the way. That's if we have a bit more certainly about Ward (or indeed Iversen) starting.

Would rather move out of 15 playing than into it if that makes sense. Takes advantage of a starting 4 mil GK at Lei and no competition for Walker, both of which might change. And kindish fixtures for Wol, Bou and For.

Might move to this now:
Ramsdale/Ward
TAA/Robertson/Walker/Dalot/Williams
Salah/Mount/Martinelli/Baillie/Neto (or other Wolves)
Kane/Jesus/Solanki

Then trade Solanki and one of Baillie/Neto up/down depending on ongoing desired structure. I often wildcard early so can do it in one go if desired.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Tall Paul wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 09:07 I'm on a 5-4-1 at the moment:

Ederson
TAA, Robetson, Cancelo, James, Perisic
Salah, Mount, Martinelli, Bailey (Andreas)
Haaland (Greenwood, Archer)

Have a 4-4-2 draft with Sanchez, Wilson and 4.0 defender instead of Ederson, Perisic and one of the 4.0 strikers.

Might just toss a coin :lol:
My current draft has 10/11 of the same starters, only Mount/Jesus different.
I don’t hate it but I do want an £8M midfielder

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

cant decide betweem Cancelo + Bailey or Walker + Rashford + 0.5 ITB

havent touched the rest of my team since yesterday so I guess they’re all staying where they are

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

First Sub Podcast wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 08:51
Salah Rashford Murphy
Kane Jesus Darwin

Murphy?

Like the rest
most think Almiron might start GW 1 as he had a good pre season

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Smurphy Paw wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 11:47 My current draft has 10/11 of the same starters, only Mount/Jesus different.
I don’t hate it but I do want an £8M midfielder
I'm considering taking a punt on Foden in that spot 8-)

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

Whinters wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 10:29 I’m pretty settled with my team, but still deliberating over:

Saka + James
Or
Sterling + 4.5 Def

Thinking maybe Tomiyasu for the 4.5 Def, or possibly Fofana on the assumption he gets his Chelsea move?
Tomy currently injured if u looking at arsenal saliba and white are you beats or maybe Botman or Schar from newcastle

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

tarkens wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 11:52 cant decide betweem Cancelo + Bailey or Walker + Rashford + 0.5 ITB

havent touched the rest of my team since yesterday so I guess they’re all staying where they are
A for me

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Pretty template in the end, flirted with Foden for a while and with Robertson over James, but have landed on a selection with plenty of bandwagon jumping ability to fine tune things over the opening few GWs:

Rashford the cash cow for later work, but no absolute necessity for a GW2 transfer barring any injuries, etc. Double 4.0 keepers just for value and pumping cash into the front 7 where I can, and Perisic the only risky starter I think.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 05 Aug 2022, 13:46, edited 2 times in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”