To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW1 teams - who are you starting your season with?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

GW1 teams - who are you starting your season with?

Post by tarkens »

This is me:

Mendy
TAA - Robertson - Cancelo - Trippier
Salah - Mount - Martinelli - Bailey
Kane - Jesus

Forster - Williams - Greenwood - Andreas

I'll do some tinkering tomorrow but players in bold are nailed

Robertson + Mount or James + Diaz?
Is Cancelo essential?
Martinelli + Jesus a bit of an overkill?
Is Bailey going to start for Villa?
Mendy for 5.0 or 4.5 GKs rotation?

James, Perisic, Cash, Dias, Coutinho, Sancho, Rashford, Foden, Haaland on my watchlist

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: GW1 teams - who are you starting your season with?

Post by Mav3rick »

tarkens wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 09:40 Robertson + Mount or James + Diaz?
Structurally I think Robertson works better than Diaz, but I'd base the choice primarily on which of the Liverpool players you'd prefer to own. One thing I like with Robertson is that the 1.0 needed to go from Jesus to Darwin is very easy to find.
tarkens wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 09:40 Is Cancelo essential?
For me, yes.
tarkens wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 09:40 Martinelli + Jesus a bit of an overkill?
On account of ownership levels, Jesus is effectively a net zero player, unless you captain or don't pick him. So I just see it as a 10 man game (9 if you include TAA).
tarkens wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 09:40 Is Bailey going to start for Villa?
It seems that way, but I think you'd have to expect a decent chance that he's not a starter for long. KDH looks a good backup option though and I think you can get to the wildcard if you are willing to use Williams and Andreas to rotate with him, Of course there are a raft of safer 5.5 picks though.
tarkens wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 09:40 Mendy for 5.0 or 4.5 GKs rotation?
I'm not set on the keeper yet, weighing up the Iverson/Ward combo though for 8.0. Ward + 4.5 will probably do me until the wildcard though as Leicester could sign someone.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Meslier

Trent
Trippier
Perisic
Zinchenko
Walker

Bailey
Salah
Son

Kane
Jesus

BENCH - Ward, Andreas, Greenwood, Dasilva

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan_92
Wideboy

Post by dan_92 »

At the minute..

Alisson

Trent
Cancelo
Trippier
Justin
Dalot

Salah
Saka
Rashford

Haaland
Jesus

Ward
Bailey
Neto
Archer

Not sure on the Man United players though. If Rashford can get back to form he’s great value. Is Dalot now first choice?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

here is what i'm on:

Ward
TAA - Robbo - James - Cancelo
Salah - Saka - Martinelli - Bailey
Haaland - Jesus

(Iversen, Nico, Andreas, Taylor)

The good: have managed to squeeze in 4 premium defenders together with an 8m mid slot.
The bad: reliant on the Leicester 4m/4m goalies keeping their place. If Bailey loses his place I'm relying on my weak bench. No Perisic, but the news on him this morning perhaps makes that ok.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

eastcentral1 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 11:13 No Perisic, but the news on him this morning perhaps makes that ok.
What do you refer to? I cannot find anything. Could you please elaborate?

Charade
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Charade »

Mendy
TAA Walker Robertson Digne
Salah Martinelli Mahrez
Jesus Toney Haaland

Ward, Williams, Dasilva, Andreas

I talked myself out of gambling on Grealish to go for Mahrez, who I think is still on pens. The only one I'm geting FOMO on really is Cancelo, as I dropped him to Walker to afford Robertson. I really like the opening fixtures of my starting XI though.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

I'm at draft three or four and this could be the final one:

Ward
TAA/Robertson/Cancelo/Dias/James
Salah/Martinelli/Neto
Jesus/Håland
Subs: Iversen/Dasilva/Pereira/Archer

Dias was Walker, James was a 5.0 def. But I decided to do Saka->Martinelli and that left me with money to be spent and defenders were upgraded. Very shiny defenders indeed and this leaves me without the "best-buys" alternatives at the back. Five at the back was my preference before the game was launched, built on previous experience, but my intial thinking was 5-4-1. Maybe I get there later this season.

This team has no planned transfers. I could do Håland->Kane and reverse this with a transfer ahead of GW2. When i had Saka, I had looked at the alternative move of Kulusevski->Saka.

The draft, and the alternatives mentioned above, look good to me. But it's different from my 4-4-2 draft the other day. I had a draft with two 8.0 mid spots (Saka and Kulusevksi), now I have none. Martinelli and Neto looks like good value to me and it feels wrong to leave them out. Bailey is also on that list and I could have him instead of Dasilva if I kept Walker (Walker also looks like great value to me) instead of Dias. But this would leave money on the bench and I would have to choose among the mids. Martinelli on the bench just doesn't look good, but that could have been the outcome as the ARS game in GW1 looks thougher than the fixture for AVL and WOL. Bailey against BOU could be benched, but if I'm not willing to play Bailey against BOU then why have him? That's how I landed on the draft above.

No Spurs is a worry. They bought a container of wing-backs and I don't have the guts to take a chance with them. I'd love Son, but hard to justify him as Salah looks like a captaincy pick all the way to GW7.
I'm not overly confident about CHE yet. I could sacrifice James if I see an alternative.
Bournemouth looks weak to me and I'd like to target them. I have players against them in five of the first six GWs. I'd like some AVL in GW1, ref my mentioning of Bailey above. Watkins/Cash/Digne would all be fine, but they could force an early transfer.

That's where I am. My team is not very different from many others and I doubt that I'll stand out in the ranks over the first GWs. It can of course derail completely if ManC and Liverpool let goals in and clean sheets are nowhere to be found. I will also have to hope Spurs keep quiet as those players are highly owned.

Best of luck to you all (unless we meet in a H2H)!
Last edited by Bølla pinnsvin on 04 Aug 2022, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

This is what I am on:

Ramsdale (4.0)

TAA Cancelo James Perisic (4.0)
Salah Diaz Martinelli Bailey (4.5)
Jesus Haaland (4.5)

Who would be a good Perisic replacement? Or do we think he will start GW1? Wonder would it be worth downgrading to Trippier/Cash but I already have 0.5 in the bank.
Have also gone Bailey over Neto. Not sure but who knows!?

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Thank you. I had not seen it.

Good luck!

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Mav3rick wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 10:37
Structurally I think Robertson works better than Diaz, but I'd base the choice primarily on which of the Liverpool players you'd prefer to own. One thing I like with Robertson is that the 1.0 needed to go from Jesus to Darwin is very easy to find.
If you already had Robertson, at whose expense would you bring Darwin in?

(Personally, I switched from Jesus to Darwin years ago.)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

MPTree wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 15:48

I don't think I would drop TAA or Salah unless they were injured, so really it would only be for Robertson/Diaz. Don't think it's something we need to think much about right now, but there is a gamble in my mind of starting with James+Darwin over Robertson+Jesus, I don't think I'd do it in reality, but I've been looking for ways to go against Jesus' ownership since the game opened and that's one way I could see it being done.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I hope that evolves over the season

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 16:21

I don't think I would drop TAA or Salah unless they were injured, so really it would only be for Robertson/Diaz. Don't think it's something we need to think much about right now, but there is a gamble in my mind of starting with James+Darwin over Robertson+Jesus, I don't think I'd do it in reality, but I've been looking for ways to go against Jesus' ownership since the game opened and that's one way I could see it being done.
Yeah.

I'm happy taking a short term punt on Nunes as I like his game and style, which Lpool have adapted to quicker than Citeh and Haaland.

I'm pondering the other new Citeh Fwd (as if I know his name 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️) as he's only 6.5 and will get minutes.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Think I'm here, Perisic & Almiron :arrow: Rashford & Patterson (4.0) done in the last few minutes due to Martial injury / Perisic question marks

That last MF & DF pairing keeps changing, but the rest is fairly locked in.

Usually WC early, so not too concerned about my 3 (three!) 4.0m players :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

eastcentral1 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 11:13 here is what i'm on:

Ward
TAA - Robbo - James - Cancelo
Salah - Saka - Martinelli - Bailey
Haaland - Jesus

(Iversen, Nico, Andreas, Taylor)

The good: have managed to squeeze in 4 premium defenders together with an 8m mid slot.
The bad: reliant on the Leicester 4m/4m goalies keeping their place. If Bailey loses his place I'm relying on my weak bench. No Perisic, but the news on him this morning perhaps makes that ok.
I bet There is something like 3/4 of top 250 k managers who has Bailey. So you Are not alone.

I really like this idea. If betting on LEI GK than its now with a free WC available.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

MPTree wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 15:48 (Personally, I switched from Jesus to Darwin years ago.)
Love it. :D :lol:

I've been pretty set on this, going against the popular 11.5 forward slot. Also looks very different to my original thinking that had three Chelsea players in there and Haaland who I expected to be keeping until infinity and beyond.

Ramsdale (Ward)
TAA Doherty Perisic (Williams Patterson)
Salah KDB Bailey Martinelli (Pereira)
Darwin Jesus Bamford

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

Going with a GW1 Bench Boost

Alisson / Ward
Doherty / Justin / Dalot / Trippier / Cash
Salah (c) / Son / Almiron / Bailey / Drewsbury-Hall
Watkins / Kane / Wilson

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Very template:

Ramsdale
TAA - Cancelo - James - Walker
Salah (c) - Diaz - Rashford - Neto
Kane (vc) - Jesus

Ward, Andreas, Williams, Greenwood

Glenjamin
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: average

Post by Glenjamin »

Ward
TAA Robertson Cancelo Doherty
KDB Barnes Bailey Diaz
Kane Jesus

1 mil leftover.

Might switch to Salah + 8m City mid

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

blahblah wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 16:35
Mav3rick wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 16:21

Yeah.

I'm happy taking a short term punt on Nunes as I like his game and style, which Lpool have adapted to quicker than Citeh and Haaland.

I'm pondering the other new Citeh Fwd (as if I know his name 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️) as he's only 6.5 and will get minutes.
Like your thinking blah:

Ramsdale (Ward)
Cancelo, James, TAA, Trippier (N. Williams)
Son, Salah, L.Diaz (Bailey, Andreas)
Jesus, Alvarez (Greenwood)

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Ward (sanchez)
TAA / Robertson / Cancelo (Patterson) (Williams)
Salah / Kulu / Martinelli / Bailey / BrunoG
Kane (C) / Jesus (archer)

I’ve tried sooo many dif alternatives for 4th defender and 3rd/4th/5th mids. I’ve been happy with none so have put funds to <6.0 mids.

Now I’ve just realised I’ve no easy route to bring in a 4th <5.5 defender that fires in GW1….

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Kulu (or any 8m bod) could be your problem.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

blahblah wrote:Kulu (or any 8m bod) could be your problem.
One of my immovable structures is to have an 8.0 to jump on fixtures or bandwagons with so many strong potentials

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Oatfedgoat wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 21:39
blahblah wrote:Kulu (or any 8m bod) could be your problem.
One of my immovable structures is to have an 8.0 to jump on fixtures or bandwagons with so many strong potentials
Canc to Dias then?

Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blaze »

Ward
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, James
Salah, Mount, Martinelli, Bailey
Kane, Jesus

dan_92
Wideboy

Post by dan_92 »

For those picking Ward as a second goalie, he’s only just started light training again and unlikely to play straight away. With such high ownership his price could drop if people make the switch to Iversen.

Kentish Wombles
Kevin and Perry

Post by Kentish Wombles »

Question. This is only my second season playing this. My team is set up as 5 2 3 so I have one goalkeeper and 3 mids on the bench. If one of my defenders or strikers doesn't play does a mid come off the bench to replace that player or do I end up playing with 10 men?

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Kentish Wombles wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 23:16 Question. This is only my second season playing this. My team is set up as 5 2 3 so I have one goalkeeper and 3 mids on the bench. If one of my defenders or strikers doesn't play does a mid come off the bench to replace that player or do I end up playing with 10 men?
Yeah, you'll end up with either 4 3 3 or 5 3 2. The only times you don't get a sub is if you'd end up with an illegal formation (less than 3 Defs or no strikers). Then your 1st bench player gets skipped and your #2 comes on, provided that would make a legal formation.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”