To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Wildcard one

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Wildcard one

Post by Sutter Kane »

OK, so I'm looking for some contrary opinion on this theory, which is:

The first WC is close to useless this year:

1) Prices mean everyone who's anyone has a brilliant squad this year, full of players from elite clubs.
2) We have the WC in GW16-17.
3) There are no big fixture swings for decent clubs, that I can see. Leicester in GW9 is the only one which is easily managed with transfers. (unless they sell all their players!)

Given that we'll all have a great squad, do we want to be removing a few of them for weaker bods on our WC, for the sake of a few fixtures. That smells trouble to me. It's easy to save 2 transfers for say, GW9, to change a couple if desired. Again though, if you have 0.4mn tied up in Jesus, are you wanting to remove him, despite a couple nasty fixtures??

I'm tempted to plan to play it very early, GW1 or 2 to chase TV. Means I can attack GW1 with players such as Kulu, who almost everyone is avoiding - and I can avoid Arsenal, who have a tricky visit to Palace GW1. (Also if WC GW2, the BB in GW1 comes into play, as some teams have a great first fixture then not so much afterwards)

Overall, I'm influenced by the masses at the moment, just. I'll probably end up doing what everyone else does and saving it for whenever I think I'll need it, possibly to my detriment. I do feel this season is different...

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Wildcard one

Post by Lucky »

There is barely a season where I do not use my wc in gw3 or gw4. By then I usually discover that my team is poor and I want to take advantage of price changes. So the second wc and multiple changes during the wc is a bonus for me.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'm hoping/thinking of BBing very early again and then using the WC to sort out a proper squad. In theory a few ponderables will be sorted by GW 3, 4 or 5.

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

yeah, I am thinking of doing this as well, means you can just focus on the first week and getting the most points out of you BB as possible.

I am currently sitting on

DDG
Martinez

Robertson
Evans
Botman
Dalot
Doherty

Salah (c)
Kulusevski
Drewsbury-Hall
Saint-Maximin
Ramsey

Watkins
Wilson
Kane

My main concern is not having any Arsenal players in their as they have been on fire in pre-season and are owned by pretty much everyone but can't see playing away at Crystal Palace as being that easy so am spending my money elsewhere mainly in Spurs at home to SOU, Newcastle at home to NFO and Aston Villa away to BOU

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

I thought about WC after GW2, based on fixtures, but contrary to above I'd say Spurs, with Chelsea in GW2, are an "avoid" on this basis.

Overall for fxtures I'd say it discourages

Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Brentford , Spurs

But encourages

Newcastle, Man U, Villa

Problem is that with pre season form (spurs great, Chelsea awful, Man U nothing to shout about) I don't see enough of an advantage in it any more.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Traditionally a lot of people (myself included) would time the first WC to coincide with the international break and give an opportunity to make some ££. It doesn't appear there's an international break this season so does that change people's approach?

Bernd Leno’s Garage
Treebeard
FS Record: Top 50k...

Post by Bernd Leno’s Garage »

flare2 wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 15:11 Traditionally a lot of people (myself included) would time the first WC to coincide with the international break and give an opportunity to make some ££. It doesn't appear there's an international break this season so does that change people's approach?
There is an international break in September. Most countries have two matches, but Scotland/Ukraine have three.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Bernd Leno’s Garage wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 17:06
flare2 wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 15:11 Traditionally a lot of people (myself included) would time the first WC to coincide with the international break and give an opportunity to make some ££. It doesn't appear there's an international break this season so does that change people's approach?
There is an international break in September. Most countries have two matches, but Scotland/Ukraine have three.
Last week IIRC, which means eight rounds of fixtures instead of the usual three beforehand.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

I've never understood the "use in international break" theory. There aren't more price changes as, even though it's longer, there's nothing happening in the middle 7 days.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

hancockjr wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 22:42 I've never understood the "use in international break" theory. There aren't more price changes as, even though it's longer, there's nothing happening in the middle 7 days.
Stop being sensible 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

t_mac133344
Cheetah

Post by t_mac133344 »

Question:

When do price rises start? After the first game (Crystal Palace v Arsenal) or after the first gameweek?

I'm thinking of using the WC after gameweek 1, but I don't want to get caught out by any price rises, especially if I have 0.0 in the bank.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

t_mac133344 wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 03:14 Question:

When do price rises start? After the first game (Crystal Palace v Arsenal) or after the first gameweek?
It usually takes a couple of days for the first one, probably first price rise would be Monday or Tuesday night but could be earlier.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”