To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Robertson or Diaz?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Robertson or Diaz?

Robertson
69%
Diaz
31%

Total votes: 36

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Robertson or Diaz?

Post by Mav3rick »

It's not quite as simple as who scores the most points, as choosing one or the other changes pairs of picks and maybe formations, and I know some will be going for both, but who have you gone for and why?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: Robertson or Diaz?

Post by Sutter Kane »

I've been on Diaz all pre-season until that CShield game. Robertson looked just as likely to register attacking returns.

If I wanted Reece James, I'd go Diaz however. I don''t want James yet though and there are a multitude of slightly cheaper mids to pick instead of Diaz.

Price points only interest me in Sky game, not FPL!

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Robertson for me. Only confirmed even more by his performance yesterday. Plus I am liking his potential to be a rare bit of a differential from the template at the start of the season.
Have TAA, Robertson and Salah from Liverpool. With so many other good midfield options at around 8.0 I prefer to spread the teams players I own in that role to capitalise on fixtures with the likes of Saka, Maddison or Mount

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

I was on Diaz early, because I felt I needed someone at 8.0. I then realised that was false logic, as I will always need three Liverpool, so that 8.0 slot isn’t flexible at all if I put Diaz into it, just more expensive. The other thing to change my mind was the doubts we are all having about doubling up on James and Chilwell, which opened space for a premium defender.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Mav3rick wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 08:46 It's not quite as simple as who scores the most points, as choosing one or the other changes pairs of picks and maybe formations, and I know some will be going for both, but who have you gone for and why?
Which nutter is starting without both Salah and TAA?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 10:16
Mav3rick wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 08:46 It's not quite as simple as who scores the most points, as choosing one or the other changes pairs of picks and maybe formations, and I know some will be going for both, but who have you gone for and why?
I think a fair few respected managers have touted going without Mo early on. (Mark Sutherns being one of them) So I think 'nutter' is a little too disrepectful, especially if it's just until the first WCard. If you play completely without FOMO, you can leave out almost any player. (I believe the winner of FPL a few years back left out 283 point RVP all season - that's probably more points than Salah will score) Playing the percentages is not always the move if you want to increase variance.

Salah is ahead of the rest on paper. He's not far ahead of the rest however. And Nunez could eat into his points - we just don't know and if Salah only manages 230 points this year, he's not worth it at 13mn imo. (and he's maxed at that in 2 out of 5 seasons)

Moon Knight
Grumpy Old Man

Robertson or Diaz?

Post by Moon Knight »

Sutter Kane wrote:
I think a fair few respected managers have touted going without Mo early on. (Mark Sutherns being one of them) So I think 'nutter' is a little too disrepectful, especially if it's just until the first WCard. If you play completely without FOMO, you can leave out almost any player. (I believe the winner of FPL a few years back left out 283 point RVP all season - that's probably more points than Salah will score) Playing the percentages is not always the move if you want to increase variance.

Salah is ahead of the rest on paper. He's not far ahead of the rest however. And Nunez could eat into his points - we just don't know and if Salah only manages 230 points this year, he's not worth it at 13mn imo. (and he's maxed at that in 2 out of 5 seasons)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

zipnolan wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 09:52 I was on Diaz early, because I felt I needed someone at 8.0. I then realised that was false logic, as I will always need three Liverpool, so that 8.0 slot isn’t flexible at all if I put Diaz into it
I think this is where I'm coming to, although its more about the pairs, it seems largely the case that however much cash you put into Liverpool assets, is realistically locked away until the wildcard (barring injury).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Sutter Kane wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 12:24

Isn't nutter a compliment for ingenious original thinking 🤔🤔🤔

Going without TAA is pushing things though 😳😳😳😳

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Anyone going with Darwin instead?

(raises hand, with a feeling he is going to step up to boss level very quickly).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 14:54 Anyone going with Darwin instead?

(raises hand, with a feeling he is going to step up to boss level very quickly).
He looked a better bet than Diaz, but I'm on Robbo.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I think he's risky to start with, but given how well Jota scored last season he's definitely an option. It's a fair chunk of change to find over Robertson or Diaz though, especially if you have Jesus too.

Maybe Darwin is once again going to be the Jesus killer though...

Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blaze »

From a combo perspective I prefer Robertson/Martinelli over Gabriel/Dias for the same price.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Is this conversation about a long term plan (say, after WC1), or from the start?

Not sure it changes anything, but interested to know anyway.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

From4corners wrote:Anyone going with Darwin instead (raises hand, with a feeling he is going to step up to boss level very quickly).
His game does look as if it might evolve swiftly.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I think there are now decent arguments for TAA, Robbo, VVD, Matip (seems the clear first choice), Salah, Diaz, Darwin.

If Alisson is not back for GW1, might that skew the argument away from defence?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I've been switching between the two with the emphasis on Robertson but am currently on neither. That could of course change.

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Robbo and TAA are both excellent prospects at their prices, so why not both?

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

HungryHungrySuarez wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 17:49Robbo and TAA are both excellent prospects at their prices, so why not both?
Maybe because some folks want Salah and Diaz?

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Bob Newhart wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 18:10
HungryHungrySuarez wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 17:49Robbo and TAA are both excellent prospects at their prices, so why not both?
Maybe because some folks want Salah and Diaz?
Sorry - it was a lazy comment. Apologies.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

raoul wrote:I think there are now decent arguments for TAA, Robbo, VVD, Matip (seems the clear first choice), Salah, Diaz, Darwin.

If Alisson is not back for GW1, might that skew the argument away from defence?
Klopp said in the presser before CS;

"Ali trained today more than the day before, he will definitely be available for Fulham, but not for the weekend"

If that means to start or not is difficult to say atm, my guess is yes. Kelleher injured, and Adrian, despite some good saves, really struggle with his passing against City. Does not suite Liverpool to have a goalie so uncomfortable on the ball

Sent fra min SM-G981B via Tapatalk

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

From4corners wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 14:54 Anyone going with Darwin instead?
Yep. It’s a natural selection.

;-)

TAA, Salah and Darwin are my Liverpool three.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Luxmonk wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 20:38 Yep. It’s a natural selection.

;-)

TAA, Salah and Darwin are my Liverpool three.
:wink: same three for me.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

I have TAA, Robbo and Diaz

Decided against Salah this year😉

Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blaze »

The way I'm looking at this now is Robertson/Mount vs James/Dias/£1.0m

I'd maybe use the £1.0m to upgrade my GK from Sanchez to Ederson, or upgrade the £8.0m MID to a £9.0m FWD and go 4-3-3.

A. Sanchez + Robertson + Mount [4-4-2]
B. Ederson + James + Dias [4-4-2]
C. Sanchez + James + Darwin [4-3-3]

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”