To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

8m midfielder spot

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

8m midfielder spot

Post by Gambit »

For those of you having one of the 8m mids, who have you got and why?

I know you don't need to have one of them, and I've seen some good teams that have completely bypassed this price point, but for me it looks a stacked field and I want to buy into it, the difficulty is picking which one!

Saka, probably the best overall? especially if he has pens, but Arsenal have two cheaper players in Martinelli and Odergaard who could pick up similar points for 1.5/2m less.

Maddison
, had 23 attacking returns last year and was the 5th highest scoring midfielder! takes set pieces, nailed in team, no european football, only 5% owned! Will the Newcastle bid impact on his form?

Diaz , I can't have as have Robertson as my 3rd Liverpool, but a good choice nonetheless.

Mount, Chelsea have their issues in pre season but Mount has looked good, another one with over 20 attacking returns last season, improving year on year, still less than 10% owned.

Foden/Mahrez, Foden was superb when he came on yesterday, could profit hugely from Haaland getting on the end of his assists. Mahrez is gold when in the team, could be still on pens?

Kulu, arguably the weakest choice overall but with the best GW1 fixture and good fixtures overall early season, don't think Richarlison will take his place but likely to be subbed first?

So lots of options and then there are the players you can drop down to like Sancho/Coutinho/Grealish etc if they get on a hot streak.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: 8m midfielder spot

Post by Mav3rick »

Currently have Diaz (think he's probably the best but accept that its close between him and Robertson) and Kulusevski, but that's because I want to take on which ever city mid looks most likely for GW2 and beyond, and Kulu has probably the best projection for GW1. I do like Mount though and he's able to be a longer term pick if need be.

I think I'll be on Foden for GW2, but its arguable that even Bernado staked a claim and there is of course Grealish and Mahrez too. xMins are the issue with these but a few rounds of Pep roulette is worth it for the GW2+ fixture list.

I'd say you could have added Sancho to this list too, I know he's 0.5 cheaper but I think he carries a similar potential to those on the list.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Same boat as Mav, currently on Diaz. Also really like Mount as a pick too. Think he could have a big season.

wiseowl65
FISOhead

Post by wiseowl65 »

Between Saka and Diaz for me given the first seven fixtures, all depends how your structuring your Liverpool picks of Salah Trent and a other from Diaz and Robertson. I am currently on the Dias train but trying to fit Saka in ahead of Martinelli is proving difficult without sacrificing in defence. That 8m price point is important as there is some good options who at some point we may need to jump onto.

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Cant stretch to Robertson so have gone Allison in goal for the Liv double up at back which allows Martinelli plus an £8m. Still undecided between Maddison and Mahrez with the former maybe getting the nod on opening fixture.

Charade
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Charade »

This season has a very weird and noticeable gap between the 8m-12m range. Almost nobody there besides Bowen at 8.5 (who is probably overpriced). Hard to build a balanced team that doesn't just revolve around mega money premiums so I'm more interested in the 6-7m range. Arsenal looking particularly tasty in that regard, Martinelli and Odegaard should score regularly enough this season to both be bargains.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

I would like to say Foden, but I will mostly likely drop Martinelli? as I need a .5 so Saka would be the obvious to cover Arsenal.
It's not so much who I prefer at 8m to start with, it is what works with the rest of the team?

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Charade wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 01:20 This season has a very weird and noticeable gap between the 8m-12m range. Almost nobody there besides Bowen at 8.5 (who is probably overpriced). Hard to build a balanced team that doesn't just revolve around mega money premiums so I'm more interested in the 6-7m range. Arsenal looking particularly tasty in that regard, Martinelli and Odegaard should score regularly enough this season to both be bargains.
Im with you here. Also as most people think About an earlt WC its possible to restructure.

Saka = same potential in Martinelli for 2 m less
Diaz = after CS Robertson preffered choice for many
Mount = imo a good pick but Chelsea still settling a new offence with Sterling. But mount could ve real value. Wait and see. Have Spurs in GW 2.
Maddison = ars and Chelsea in first 4. Leicester as a team a little bit wait and see. A good eselet WC pick.
Sancho (7,5) = wait and see, Could prove value but alot of uncertainty regarding uniteds offence.
City = would obvious want one for GW 2, but who to pick? Could also be that Grealish starts for 7,0.
Roulette. And first GW vs whu is a hard game. Most people will do a Kane -> Haaland transfer gw 1.

So I think it may Be better to try to find The 5-7,0 player that I think will arise first 4 gws. Have 3 from start and ditch The one not performing on WC.
Those Could be season keepers (atleast 5-6m) when The 8 m spot
Probably will rotate with Other 8 m depending on fixtures.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Diaz = Best in class.
Saka = Next best in class.
Mount = Quality player with a huge upside.
Maddison = A notch below the top 3.
Sancho = Rashford offers more value at £1M less.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Maddison probably a wait and see with negotiations ongoing about a move to Newcastle. I am not sure what to make of Newcastle. So far only work in progress.

Loosing Schmeichel and Maddison would weaken Leicester significantly, with Vardy also not getting younger.

I will stay away from both teams for the time being.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

My current draft has both Diaz and Saka in there. It is such a good price point that I'd like to have two of them all season, I expect, rotating as fixtrues and form dictate.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Saka is apparently the FPL Review's algorithm pick (he made the AI selected points-optimised team ahead of the likes of Diaz). The team also contained Martinelli and Jesus!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Despite starting with all 3, I think that's a tad mad, unless Arse hit double figures?

I think I'm the first to use the C Word this season: I'm after Arse coverage :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Saka for me

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

If we’re talking Sancho at 7.5m, I’ll put a case forward for Coutinho at 7.0m.

Pleasant opening fixtures, possible lion’s share of the set pieces and could easily rack up double figures in goals this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Mav3rick wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 14:11 Saka is apparently the FPL Review's algorithm pick (he made the AI selected points-optimised team ahead of the likes of Diaz). The team also contained Martinelli and Jesus!
And how often has this thing I never heard of been accurate?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 19:53
Mav3rick wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 14:11 Saka is apparently the FPL Review's algorithm pick (he made the AI selected points-optimised team ahead of the likes of Diaz). The team also contained Martinelli and Jesus!
And how often has this thing I never heard of been accurate?
I've asked people who use it to post the projected vs the actual....

Maybe we could have a little Comp or something 👏👏👏👏👏👏

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I've been asked about having Saka with Jesus and Martinelli in my GW1 BB squad ....

Tbh I hadn't thought of any problem as I'm punting on the one GW, before almost certainly WC'ing. However, I did go through a brief non-BB+WC phase and still had all 3.

Jesus doesn't actually count due to his ownership and going against 70% is too crazy for me. In any case I think he's 2m underpriced given that he is a sure starter in a Top 6 Club. (I think top 4, but that's debatable.) Martinelli is delightfully cheap given that ESR and Vieira are injured' so he should start. The only thing I wondered (while watching then play) was whether Saka is worth the extra over Martinelli. But not only does he appear to be on Pens, but he is a very good forward.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Does seem excessive given they have 2 non easy fixtures to start.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Right now, I'm going without. I like Diaz but prefer Robbo. I really like Saka, but can't pass up the value in Martinelli.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

blahblah wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 20:13 Martinelli is delightfully cheap given that ESR and Vieira are injured' so he should start. The only thing I wondered (while watching then play) was whether Saka is worth the extra over Martinelli. But not only does he appear to be on Pens, but he is a very good forward.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ViaplayFotba ... 8700500995

Ødegaard says Saka is on pens, but also Martinelli/Jesus make take some. It depends on feeling, if scored latest pen e.g. If Saka misses 1 pen probably Martinelli or Jesus Are up Next.
Also as seen vs Everton Martinelli did take The penalty when he got tripped.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

eastcentral1 wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 21:35 Right now, I'm going without. I like Diaz but prefer Robbo. I really like Saka, but can't pass up the value in Martinelli.

That's exactly where I am as well.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Imaging paying 2M more for Saka and Martinelli gets all the points.😬

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:42 Imaging paying 2M more for Saka and Martinelli gets all the points.😬
That's why both is the cunning plan 🥳🥳🥳

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

blahblah wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:44
From4corners wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:42 Imaging paying 2M more for Saka and Martinelli gets all the points.😬
You seem to have quite some trust in Arsenal. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Lucky wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:49
blahblah wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:44
You seem to have quite some trust in Arsenal. :wink:
You should see my TFF teams 🤣😂🤣😂😂😂

Less flippantly: they are priced like a mid-table side, and I'm expecting then to be top 5....

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Yeah, i already have Jesus and no way i am spending over 1/5th of my budget on Arsenal with their not-so-easy opening fixtures

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I suppose the argument is that with 72.5% ownership (and rising) that Jesus doesn't count at all unless you captain him or don't own him.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 03 Aug 2022, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 11:10 I suppose the argument is that with 72.5% ownership (and rising) that Jesus so he doesn't count at all unless you captain him or don't own him.
That's my take. If he goes big then the top 70% is pretty much decided.....

It will be interesting to see how many band him.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

blahblah wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 11:16
Mav3rick wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 11:10 I suppose the argument is that with 72.5% ownership (and rising) that Jesus so he doesn't count at all unless you captain him or don't own him.
That's my take. If he goes big then the top 70% is pretty much decided.....

It will be interesting to see how many band him.
If you are talking armband, then I think it is a step too far. I went without him over the last few weeks, but I have now given in.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”