To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Think it's worth picking up Amartey from Leicester? (formerly the professional thread)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Re: Hiring a professional to pick your team

Post by wahine »

Start with a pie chart.JPG
I don't really see much difference in U tube content creators making a living out of FPL and Statistic bods asking for subscriptions who churn out endless screeds and graphs of last years information that players can use to formulate their teams, but once the season begins then everything from last season becomes last seasons statistics and of no use imo
and the Utube content creators all use this stuff as each game is played to present their ideas of transfers :? and you can't tell me TFF players don't use these last season statistics :roll: as well?

I like the club blogs on Utube, as I find the passionate long term members are far more interesting with their assessments of players.

Anyone wanting help with their team for the season should start a RMT and ponder their team set up and transfers each game week on FISO as there is so much knowledge right here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Watching blackhead and spot/pimple etc squeezing is a much better waste of YouTube time.....

nemo7x
Treebeard

Post by nemo7x »

This is when the game is not fun for you anymore and honestly, I think you should stop playing this game.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I think he will get the memo nemo. Especially after the 3rd time.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

blahblah wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 23:31
HungryHungrySuarez wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 23:27 This is everything wrong with FPL today in a nutshell.
You're blaming me for all the YouTubers doing FPL as a job? 😳😳😳😳
It's about time all these FPL content creators got a real job - makes me sick!

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Having actually read the OP sober, I realise it's a wind-up but in it's satire it does make some rather salient points.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

NorthBankRedemption wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 00:45 Has anyone resorted to this? Last season was kind of an embarrassment, very unlucky and I gave up much earlier than usual. Do you know anywhere I can find someone to do this? I could hardly face some of my mates last year. Just seems like it would be easier to set it and forget it and reap the benefits/prestige of a more experienced FPLer. I've only been playing since 2007.

I of course expect them to keep up with transfers and show positive movement in terms of overall rank. It's like hiring a manager for your fantasy team. I'm the owner and this person could be the manager.

Let me know if you have any experience with this and also do you think Jesus is a trap? Better to stick to premium options?
🀣 what?? Don't fall for the marketing hype and save your money dude. There is no such thing as a 'professional' and most of them offering such service have no better than average ranks. The game has gone, don't fund the madness. Plenty of good advice on here. Just as good or better than what you will pay for

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: ↑31 Jul 2022, 08:25
blahblah wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 23:31
HungryHungrySuarez wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 23:27 This is everything wrong with FPL today in a nutshell.
You're blaming me for all the YouTubers doing FPL as a job? 😳😳😳😳
It's about time all these FPL content creators got a real job - makes me sick!

Absolutely. Slowly killing the game

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

itslikebrandnew wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 07:51
From4corners wrote: ↑30 Jul 2022, 07:42 Exactly as Mav said.

Some people... :lol: :lol: paying someone to pick your team haha what...but moreover :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Same as people copying teams from those annoying FPL content creators who ruin the game. Absolutely sickening.
I actually like watching fpl mate and lets talk fpl. For a novice like me i've learnt a few things hopefully. I don't copy their teams though, i still think i know best going kane in w1 and transferring him out to Haaland w2 :lol: and all the excitement about Neto isn't for me.
I personally think these are both terrible. I mean I am sure their video editing skills are top notch but FPL wise Mate is a below average player with one good season in a covid ravaged year and Andy is the most indesive FPL Manager ever and actually very template. Find him quite irritating but he must be doing something right. If you want good insight try either FML or Planet. They don't get good ranks either but the football knowledge is second to none

sithblade11
Cheetah

Post by sithblade11 »

Bodie says go with Kane, Doyle chooses Haaland.Image

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NorthBankRedemption
Treebeard
FS Record: Dismal

Post by NorthBankRedemption »

Thank you everyone for allowing me to have faith in my own picks.

My rank right now is in the top 70,000.

I couldn't have done it without you! Just believe in yourself and you will go far!

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I’ve never watched or listened to any FPL content other than the first season when I came here to FISO and annoyed everyone with my whacky charts.

Then I stopped posting here and suddenly found myself in the top 10k.

How do content creators ruin the game?
Can’t you just ignore them?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

How do content creators contribute to ruining the game? They allow more casuals to do well, but then again, FPL and their price lists also help facilitate the success of casuals which keeps things boring for people that are/were passionate about the game.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

Football Hero wrote: ↑05 Aug 2022, 23:13 How do content creators contribute to ruining the game? They allow more casuals to do well, but then again, FPL and their price lists also help facilitate the success of casuals which keeps things boring for people that are/were passionate about the game.
I agree about pricing, I play fanteam, a game modelled on fpl, and when I put my fpl team into my fanteam team, it was over budget by Β£6.5m! which tells you which game is more difficult, difference being, the number playing fpl are astronomical in comparison to fanteams pintsize number playing the game so you can understand them wanting to encourage ease of use for the casual, but at the same time it is dumbing down. I also think that having the % filter that shows the most picked players makes players lazy as it kinda of piggy backs off of the research of those that hunt out these basement bargains like Ward/Andreas/Willams etc, then again, it also leads them down a blind alley with your Jesus's :D

zalk
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2197

Post by zalk »

So the fact that the budget is exceeded by Β£6.5m makes it harder? And playing against an "astronomical" pool of opponents makes it...easier?

I think you got that backwards. Surely the more players there are the harder it gets to finish at the top?

NorthBankRedemption
Treebeard

I think I'm having my worst season ever

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I more or less hire the community to pick my GW1 team by not even signing up for FPL until the last week and by not creating drafts until a day or two before the GW1 deadline and it's working very well. I still correct things that seem, at least to me, to be obvious mistakes like choosing Dias over Kulusevski but for the most part my team has started off very template for the last few seasons.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Don't let the AI on Hub pick your team. That piece of garbage has left me behind the pack giving me excellent teams ratings of over 90% each week which never translated to actual points.

I told you to reach out to Borges and make him an offer. This could have saved you from this absolute disaster it sounds like you're having.

NorthBankRedemption
Treebeard

BLOCKHEAD wrote: ↑22 Aug 2022, 15:35 Don't let the AI on Hub pick your team. That piece of garbage has left me behind the pack giving me excellent teams ratings of over 90% each week which never translated to actual points.

I told you to reach out to Borges and make him an offer. This could have saved you from this absolute disaster it sounds like you're having.
borges had an even worse week than i did

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Hear blah is cheap :)

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

I don't get it. I get frustrated as it is that there are so many tools and apps out there now to help the casual player, but now they can get other people to pick their sides rather than algorithms?

Are us who play this for fun using nothing but our own football knowledge in the minority now?!!!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

SUZYKINS wrote: ↑23 Aug 2022, 06:53 Hear blah is cheap :)
I did offer πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

NorthBankRedemption
Treebeard

blahblah wrote: ↑23 Aug 2022, 10:11
your team is not different enough from mine to make it worth the five pounds. maybe next year

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

NorthBankRedemption wrote: ↑23 Aug 2022, 15:25
your team is not different enough from mine to make it worth the five pounds. maybe next year
I think if you went back in with a Β£2.50 offer it might do the trick...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: ↑23 Aug 2022, 16:23
NorthBankRedemption wrote: ↑23 Aug 2022, 15:25
I think if you went back in with a Β£2.50 offer it might do the trick...
I'll take a penny a rank that I'm away from last place πŸ˜‰

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: ↑22 Aug 2022, 15:35 Don't let the AI on Hub pick your team. That piece of garbage has left me behind the pack giving me excellent teams ratings of over 90% each week which never translated to actual points.

The AI on hub was garbage, i had a play about with it before the season started but didnt like some of the figures it churned out. For the most part i looked at last seasons points and put a team together from that and added my own couple of low value punts (Rodrigo and McNeil), one excellent and one the opposite.

I think AI on hub started off giving players like Johnson from forest 1.1pts, and i didnt get that at all. He's a 2pt a game man with decent upside and very low downside as pretty much the only way he scores less than 2 is if he gets injured or carded.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

NorthBankRedemption wrote: ↑21 Aug 2022, 17:28 I think I'm having my worst season ever
Alot of players are, but one good week and everything changes as the scoring is all bunched up.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: ↑22 Aug 2022, 15:35
I think AI on hub started off giving players like Johnson from forest 1.1pts, and i didnt get that at all. He's a 2pt a game man with decent upside and very low downside as pretty much the only way he scores less than 2 is if he gets injured or carded.
Haha it probably had him on the bench because of all of Forest's signings. How that garbage AI was giving Digne decent points in the opening games I'll never know. Glad I didn't give them a penny of my money, feel for those who got sucked into a long-term membership.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

BLOCKHEAD wrote: ↑23 Aug 2022, 18:41
BLOCKHEAD wrote: ↑22 Aug 2022, 15:35
Haha it probably had him on the bench because of all of Forest's signings. How that garbage AI was giving Digne decent points in the opening games I'll never know. Glad I didn't give them a penny of my money, feel for those who got sucked into a long-term membership.
He was never going to be on the bench though and most people with decent knowledge of the club would have known this. It made me wonder what fans of other clubs knew that the AI didn't though as my only real knowledge of football is Forest. Also all the hype with Neves, glad i never fell for that even though my knowledge of Wolves isn't very good and is limited to me thinking Podence looked good last season when i saw him play and they struggle for goals.

The whole 5 at the back thing i fell for but it was backed up by data from last season where defenders outscored other positions for their price. I do now wonder if it's harder to keep a clean sheet in the PL though with teams playing out from the back and the high press. Or maybe its just a start of the season thing where players are rusty. Either way going big at the back hasn't done my league position much good.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

You would wanna be careful about conflating outcomes with predictions, though.

With the likes of the Liverpool and City defenders in particular, most bookies, pundits, commentators, etc would have had them more likely than not to get a clean sheet. However, more likely doesn't mean definite, and you can't actually get the 0.5 expected clean sheet (or whatever the odds were) you can only get 4 points or 0 points. Projections (be they yours, mine or FPL Hub's) are a simplified way to represent a whole range of simulated outcomes, so if you want to judge them then it has to be over a period of several GWs at least. FPL is boom or bust, while projections are for the long term, however you arrive at them.

I couldn't comment on Brennan Johnson, but nobody follows numbers spat out by any algorithm blindly, at least I'd hope not anyway, and I'm pretty sure everyone here would expected 80+ mins from Johnson every GW.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”