To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Can we just ignore price changes?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Can we ignore price changes

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes: 12

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Can we just ignore price changes?

Post by Mav3rick »

With budgets seemingly not so pushed, I'm thinking of just entirely ignoring the price change sites.

In previous years I've always kept an eye on them, especially for drops, with an eye on using that team value in the latter half of the season.

But with 3 wildcards, plenty of cheap defenders and a general feeling that budget isn't that tight (due to the wingbacks mainly but also an acceptance that once the CL kicks in, some of the most expensive players might be at significant risk of rotation) I might just totally ignore price change predictions this year.

Is that a good idea or are you planning to still play the TV game?

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Can we just ignore price changes?

Post by Lucky »

I will still pay attention to the transfer values, but I need to try to avoid too many hits. In the end it should always make a difference, if you have i.e. 5m more to spend than others at a later stage.

Obviously the best way forward is to be lucky with the right picks in your starting eleven, but that is quite a challenge. :wink:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Lucky wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 10:01 I will still pay attention to the transfer values, but I need to try to avoid too many hits. In the end it should always make a difference, if you have i.e. 5m more to spend than others at a later stage.

Obviously the best way forward is to be lucky with the right picks in your starting eleven, but that is quite a challenge. :wink:
Yeah I agree - not sure about 5mn extra though! I think with the early WC likely, I'll chase price changes more early on, then relax after the WC. Speaking of WC one, I think I'll start a thread...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I ignored them last season and it was far more chilled than usual 👏👏👏

ThingsCouldGetMessi
Wideboy

Post by ThingsCouldGetMessi »

I never worry because If my players are performing well then the chances are their value will go up.

Nobody else ever says this though so maybe I'm wrong!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

ThingsCouldGetMessi wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 14:38 I never worry because If my players are performing well then the chances are their value will go up.

Nobody else ever says this though so maybe I'm wrong!
That's kinda hidden in my ignoring them.

I guess they become relevant if I am thinking of buying a player and he looks like rising, or a Bench bod is falling then he could get evicted....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”