To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FOMO Players - AKA the ones that keep causing you to make change draft no. 7391

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Figured I’d create a thread to discuss pros and cons of players that are must haves, essential, difficult to not have or cause you massive concerns of not owning.

Feel free to add thoughts/players and I’ll update
Last edited by Oatfedgoat on 30 Jul 2022, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Defenders:

Essential
TAA - value at 7.5 is huge. First name on many team sheets for good reasons.
Williams - is the go to 4.0 enabler

Near essential:
Cancelo 7.0. Can you go without a City defender? With Laportes injury concerns and uncertainty Ty about minutes of the City 6.0 options, the extra 1.0 seems well worth it.

FOMO
Robertson 7.0 can and will hit double figures multiple times in the season.
Dilemma about doubling up with TAA on committing 14.5m on Liverpool defenders.
Doubling up means if you have Salah or Diaz you can’t move for any other ‘pool players easily.
Not really worth saving 0.5 to replace TAA.
At around 10% ownership, I love the degree of a differential he provides.

James 6.0
Will undoubtedly perform well during the season. But Chelsea’s pre season and the noises coming from Tuchel make this a wait until the bandwagon starts for me

Fools gold
Trippier 5.0 is over hyped imo and will not likely get consistent returns. Will for sure get a few 12
-15 point hauls, but how often?
Last edited by Oatfedgoat on 30 Jul 2022, 14:56, edited 2 times in total.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Midfielders

Essential
Are there any absolute must haves?
Even Salah due to his 13.0 price isn’t necessarily essential due to what can be unlocked by not having him and saving 5.0 with one of the many 8.0 midfield options

Andreas 4.5 as a starter does seem to be the essential enabler.

Near essential
Salah 13.0
the FOMO of not having him is massive, especially due to his captaincy strengths. I would consider putting the armband on TAA but still worry about conceding and Salah performing.
A reason I have changed my mind and now want him for GW1 is that it’s so difficult to restructure a team to get him in if he fires but very easy to downgrade to son, KDB or any of the 8.0

Son 12.0
Can he repeat last season? Even if not, he will surely be one of the top 5 scores at the end of the season. Interchanges nicely with KDB at 12.0

Saka 8.0
Of all the midfield 8.0s seems the strongest option. Quite possibly on pens? Many of the other 8.0s have some kind of concern whether it’s rotation or possible transfer.
2 goals in friendly against Sevilla today

Martinelli 6.0
Seems like a stand out value midfielder this season with a chance of pens. Possible Arsenal overkill if also owning Saka
3 assists in friendly against Sevilla today
Last edited by Oatfedgoat on 30 Jul 2022, 14:56, edited 2 times in total.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Forwards

Essential
Jesus 8.0
Ok so I’ve flip flopped on him so many times but keep coming back to the fact there are simply none below this price I would be happy to own.
If having Kane or Haaland and they don’t play, having two 4.5s limits potential points massively from the bench.
Playing the percentage game and setting and forgetting Jesus seems the safe option. Not to mention his insane ownership.

Near essential
Kane 11.5
A lot less noise this year about having him for GW1 than usual.
Once I decided Kane is currently a safer, known quantity option than Haaland he is now a lock in for me.
Allows an easy swap with….

Haaland 11.5
This beast will undoubtedly be explosive and a must have at same stage.
Will we get reduced minutes to acclimatise? As a non owner, I hope so!
Last edited by Oatfedgoat on 30 Jul 2022, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Keepers

Lol. If I was so evolved in my drafts to start worrying about keepers then I’d be well happy!
Last edited by Oatfedgoat on 30 Jul 2022, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: FOMO Players - AKA the ones that keep causing you to make change draft no. 7391

Post by blahblah »

I think Trippier is more a question of realistic expectations than a trap, or a trip 🤣😂🤣😂

I haven't checked the stats yet, but I expect their defence to be more like the last however many games under Howe and probably a comfortably top 10 side. I would expect their 4.5 bods and Pope to be worth considering, so the question is whether he is worth the 0.5m over them?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: FOMO Players - AKA the ones that keep causing you to make change draft no. 7391

Post by Sutter Kane »

blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 15:03 I think Trippier is more a question of realistic expectations than a trap, or a trip 🤣😂🤣😂

I haven't checked the stats yet, but I expect their defence to be more like the last however many games under Howe and probably a comfortably top 10 side. I would expect their 4.5 bods and Pope to be worth considering, so the question is whether he is worth the 0.5m over them?
I'd take Trip over Pope. We should improve defensively as Pope and Botman are upgrades, on paper. But may take a few weeks. I'm probably avoiding Newcastle unless WC2or3, in which case I'll def go Trippier.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

That's almost a different question?

But yes I'm aiming to BB in 1 or 2, and then WC out if it, if necessary.....

re Trip: the very little I've seen of his last match showed him getting forward.... and Wood not getting onto his crosses.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”