To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Think it's worth picking up Amartey from Leicester? (formerly the professional thread)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
NorthBankRedemption
Treebeard
FS Record: Dismal

Think it's worth picking up Amartey from Leicester? (formerly the professional thread)

Post by NorthBankRedemption »

Has anyone resorted to this? Last season was kind of an embarrassment, very unlucky and I gave up much earlier than usual. Do you know anywhere I can find someone to do this? I could hardly face some of my mates last year. Just seems like it would be easier to set it and forget it and reap the benefits/prestige of a more experienced FPLer. I've only been playing since 2007.

I of course expect them to keep up with transfers and show positive movement in terms of overall rank. It's like hiring a manager for your fantasy team. I'm the owner and this person could be the manager.

Let me know if you have any experience with this and also do you think Jesus is a trap? Better to stick to premium options?
Last edited by NorthBankRedemption on 16 Mar 2023, 21:25, edited 3 times in total.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Re: Hiring a professional to pick your team

Post by RomynPG »

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

You're having a laugh NBR - just copy blahblah' s team, you won't even need to pay for the professional advantage.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Please don't hire a 'professional' FPL manager, there are no guarantees, and what are you gaining by doing so? It would be a completely hollow victory, even if you did win.

If you need some guidance on the basics then checkout some of the RMT threads here, or if you prefer the video/podcast route have a look at some of the guys on YouTube:

viewtopic.php?p=3624461#p3624461

If you're still thinking of paying someone to run your team, I'd honestly just pull out of the league and spend that money on something you enjoy.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Exactly as Mav said.

Some people... :lol: :lol: paying someone to pick your team haha what...but moreover :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Same as people copying teams from those annoying FPL content creators who ruin the game. Absolutely sickening.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Lol so you're embarrassed at being a poor manager but not embarrassed by paying someone else to do it? You're assuming the managed team would be good and none of your friends found out.

Just watch a few youtube videos, people like lets talk fpl and fpl mate and you can pretty much copy their team for free.

There's a good lets talk fpl video about mistakes to avoid which was was good. I noticed one of my problems is chasing differentials.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

From4corners wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:42 Exactly as Mav said.

Some people... :lol: :lol: paying someone to pick your team haha what...but moreover :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Same as people copying teams from those annoying FPL content creators who ruin the game. Absolutely sickening.
I actually like watching fpl mate and lets talk fpl. For a novice like me i've learnt a few things hopefully. I don't copy their teams though, i still think i know best going kane in w1 and transferring him out to Haaland w2 :lol: and all the excitement about Neto isn't for me.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I have seen some bits and bobs of coverage from Andy/Let's Talk FPL who seems like a good guy but he still ruins the game in my opinion. I should of course say that it is my opinion as many others seem to thrive on it..
itslikebrandnew wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:51 and all the excitement about Neto isn't for me.
Indeed! It's all about Morgan Gibbs-White.. 🤫 :wink:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:48 I noticed one of my problems is chasing differentials.
The elusive search but not a problem imo and part of the game. I know I am not great at picking the differentials but it is fun when it pays off 8-)
First on and first off is a skill to be acquired and admired.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

NorthBankRedemption wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 00:45 Has anyone resorted to this? Last season was kind of an embarrassment, very unlucky and I gave up much earlier than usual. Do you know anywhere I can find someone to do this? I could hardly face some of my mates last year. Just seems like it would be easier to set it and forget it and reap the benefits/prestige of a more experienced FPLer. I've only been playing since 2007.

I of course expect them to keep up with transfers and show positive movement in terms of overall rank. It's like hiring a manager for your fantasy team. I'm the owner and this person could be the manager.

Let me know if you have any experience with this and also do you think Jesus is a trap? Better to stick to premium options?
Track down Fabio Borges and make him the best offer you possibly can.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Oxford NZ wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 08:00
itslikebrandnew wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:48 I noticed one of my problems is chasing differentials.
The elusive search but not a problem imo and part of the game. I know I am not great at picking the differentials but it is fun when it pays off 8-)
First on and first off is a skill to be acquired and admired.
I tend to do it too often though.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

From4corners wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:58 I have seen some bits and bobs of coverage from Andy/Let's Talk FPL who seems like a good guy but he still ruins the game in my opinion. I should of course say that it is my opinion as many others seem to thrive on it..
itslikebrandnew wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:51 and all the excitement about Neto isn't for me.
Indeed! It's all about Morgan Gibbs-White.. 🤫 :wink:
I have never given fpl much attention in the past, i create a team, it's rubbish, i give up after a few weeks. That's been me for the last few years. I then starting watching Andy and kept my season going last season and got alot of green arrows. He's helped me understand the game alot more now.

We'll see if watching his videos helps me climb the ranks this season. Like i say i have no interest in copying his team as i think i know better than his latest draft of Jonny, Martinelli and Neto.

I'm wanting MGW in my team if he goes to Forest, but at the moment i am going Dwight McNeil as my 5.5

Also something i never gave much thought about last season was price points and how you need to vary them so you can move from one player to another. Last season i started with 3 super premiums which made a mess of my team structure.
Last edited by itslikebrandnew on 30 Jul 2022, 08:25, edited 2 times in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd like to see what @theusername thinks of McNeil, but I assume Gray starts and then it's either Gordon or McNeil for the other flank.

Not sure about McNeil, the last couple of seasons he's not been great, but that was in a struggling Burnley team.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Surely Everton can't blow 20m for a guy to be a benchwarmer. That's my basis for him starting anyway lol

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

wahine wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 03:17 You're having a laugh NBR - just copy blahblah' s team, you won't even need to pay for the professional advantage.
I was going to offer my services 😊😊😊😊

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

It somewhat defeats the purpose

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Give us a fiver and I'll pick your opening squad for you.

nemo7x
Treebeard

Post by nemo7x »

blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 12:26
wahine wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 03:17 You're having a laugh NBR - just copy blahblah' s team, you won't even need to pay for the professional advantage.
I was going to offer my services 😊😊😊😊
https://acegif.com/gifs-applause/

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

Hilarious! :-)

First you’d have to hire a team to pick your professional.

Roger Ramjet
FISOhead

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Really?!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Luxmonk wrote:Hilarious! :-)

First you’d have to hire a team to pick your professional.
I'll do it for £4.99

mogwai
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 21st season FPL; twice top10k, nine top50k; Double-Pick Quick Champion 17/18 and 20/21; Last16 Everton League Cup 21/22

Post by mogwai »

From4corners wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 07:58 I have seen some bits and bobs of coverage from Andy/Let's Talk FPL who seems like a good guy but he still ruins the game in my opinion.
I totally agree, this is somewhat true.

I play the game since 2002/03 and what we have today is something completely different than in previous times, exactly because of the content creators.

That's even the main thing, why I started losing having fun for playing FPL. It lost a big part of its charming caracter, that the game had before.

At least the Champions League Fantasy game is not as much affected by content creators, that's why I slowly start prefer to play that game. At least last season it has been like this.

(UCL Fantasy I also play since 06/07 nearly every season)

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

Content creators are quickly spoiling the game for me.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Neath boy wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 20:16 Content creators are quickly spoiling the game for me.
That's why I'm here 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

The opening poster is clearly on a fishing trip and he's caught a big haul :D

I've played the last 3 years and usually lose interest by Xmas hence finishing about 6 millionth last year, this season I'm gonner try and take it seriously all the way to the end.

I don't suppose anyone knows or could list the points totals of those that finished in 1st place the last few years, that'd be interesting to see ?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

You need Uncle blah.....

Trust me, you don't need to worry about 1st place, until you can crack the top million 😉

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

This is everything wrong with FPL today in a nutshell.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

HungryHungrySuarez wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 23:27 This is everything wrong with FPL today in a nutshell.
You're blaming me for all the YouTubers doing FPL as a job? 😳😳😳😳

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 23:31
HungryHungrySuarez wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 23:27 This is everything wrong with FPL today in a nutshell.

Sorry I don't follow... I was commenting on the OP

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

HungryHungrySuarez wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 23:39
blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 23:31

Sorry I don't follow... I was commenting on the OP
I'm on for a good gig here 🤣😂🤣😂

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”