To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea defence

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Chelsea defence

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 06:44 It's still pre season, you can't put a lot of weight on the results. TT's interview was a bit odd, but I wouldn't be writing Chelsea off just yet.
I watched the lowlights of them on CFC TV, or whatever it's called, on YouTube and their commentator and expert were almost as scathing as I've been 😉

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

blahblah wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 20:21
Bob Newhart wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 20:18
blahblah wrote:Yep Jerry my Hunt....
Has anybody seen Mike Hunt?
Roger Mike Hunt?
Roger the Butler.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Gambit wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 16:39
Hogmeister wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 16:27 Agree with the overall concerns - and I’d add another - their pre-season form, including that 4-0 thrashing by Arsenal yesterday!

However those two WBs are great VFM picks and Chelsea’s first 5 fixtures are actually OK, so my reaction to all those concerns is… yes, drop Chilwell, but keep James for GW1. And don’t include any other Chelsea player.
Yeah if keeping one of them it's James for sure. Problem is that if he starts the season as the RCB then you are not getting the benefit of the WB role. Also, it isn't clear yet (or at least I haven't seen anything) if they are using WB's or going with the back four, both systems have been used in pre season.

Still plenty time to decide. It could depend on Perisic for me, he's currently out of my team but if he's confirmed to start the season then I'd take him above James I think, at least to start with, better fixtures, confirmed WB's, and then I could review when playing the WC in 4-6.
Chelsea played 4-3-3 against Arsenal and conceeded 4 goals and scored 0. That would be the answer and Tutchel Will need switch back to a 3-5-2 formation.

Would be dangerous to go without James for GW 1, owned by 42% and vs Everton….
Or do we Think Tutchel Will continue to experiment when the season starts if its not working in friendlies? He must be smarter then that?

Also if you look at highlights vs Arsenal, James crosses where Chelseas main threat going forward. For example Mount had a shoot into the bar, assisted by James.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Chilwell again completely missing from the squad tonight, pretty much confirms he is a no go for the start of the season.

James is playing, and Chelsea are playing their usual wing back system.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Gambit wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 19:28 Chilwell again completely missing from the squad tonight, pretty much confirms he is a no go for the start of the season.
Chelsea have another game tomorrow and Chilwell will play in that.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Looks like their first team for GW1, can't see Chilwell coming back in v Everton

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 19:38
Gambit wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 19:28 Chilwell again completely missing from the squad tonight, pretty much confirms he is a no go for the start of the season.
Do you have any insider info on that?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Time to honour my team name and bring in Alonso again! Feels good.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Btw I've downloaded a legit App, which claims to be showing the match: just Google Chelsea live and you should get a link like 5th Stand and download the App...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 19:49 Time to honour my team name and bring in Alonso again! Feels good.
But him and Dave are off to Barca?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Is he.. I'd be gutted, and relieved as well. :lol:
blahblah wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 19:49 Btw I've downloaded a legit App, which claims to be showing the match: just Google Chelsea live and you should get a link like 5th Stand and download the App...
Cheers!
Also live here:
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/video/live/matchday-events

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

They're supposedly interested in Reguillon now.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Are Udinese supposed to be any good?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Kante 1-0

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

blahblah wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 19:47
Think playing Udinese again so the rest of the squad not playing today will likely play, based on a very depleted bench. Whether that includes Chilwell......

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Sterling :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 20:39 Sterling :lol:
:oops: :oops: :oops: with his groin?

And the CS gone.....

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Managed to watch some of this, although it was easy to multi task during it, and decided that I can finally drop Reece James from my FPL draft.
If if wasn't for the fact Chelsea play v Everton first up it would not have taken me as long to decide.

There doesn't seem to be structure within the team with everyone getting in from all angles trying to score goals, and then apart from Kante they seemed to be running on empty, and I saw defenders getting out of place and too far forward leaving the goal open for breakaways?

Think Kane and Son won't have too much trouble v this set up.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I think the same.. they could have a field day.
wahine wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 23:16 ..and I saw defenders getting out of place and too far forward leaving the goal open for breakaways?
You can call him by his name. I won't be offended. :mrgreen:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Is it likely that James plays RCB against Spurs and Leicester to deal with Son and Vardy's pace?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

From what I saw last night, Alonso would be the one to get :shock: Obviously a transfer waiting to happen but should play until Chilwell can gat back up to speed.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Even Chelsea fan Zophar says he has taken James out of his draft (FPL Wire stream from yesterday)…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfGiE_YDZAw

…and that was before the Udinese match!

Despite the concerns, I’d been keeping James in my draft up until today, but the weight of pre-season evidence is overwhelming. All Chelsea players are now officially demoted to the “wait and see” category.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

They weren't as bad vs Udinese tbf, but the goal they conceded was a bit of s shocker by Prem standards.

Up top Sterling is playing in a kind of false 9 with Mount to the left and Havertz the right.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Never doubt me 8-)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 21:17
Never doubt me 8-)
How long did he play for?

From what I've seen Chelsea aren't worth my FF time.

They may do ok against Everton, but Spurs could trash them big style......

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Huh? Toothless Spurs just failed to score against Roma with their best team out.

Chilly got 65 mins.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ta re 65.

The VERY tall Roma are/were kinda very good and scored from a corner. Tbh they looked like Jose has found his mojo again ...

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 21:28 Ta re 65.

The VERY tall Roma are/were kinda very good and scored from a corner. Tbh they looked like Jose has found his mojo again ...
So Spurs on fire too early .. and now we will see Spursy again with Kane not knowing in August where the goalposts stand?

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

Chelsea in advance talks with Brighton about Cucurella and have agreed to Brighton’s valuation, according to SSN.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

The Royal BlueNose wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 15:23 Chelsea in advance talks with Brighton about Cucurella and have agreed to Brighton’s valuation, according to SSN.
that why i heard barca was interested lol

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”