To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which two premium strikers?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Salah/Kane
46%
Salah/Haaland
26%
Kane/Haaland
29%

Total votes: 35

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Whilst you could choose three I find it compromises other areas of the team, so who would you go for if picking two?

I am leaning towards Kane/Salah as tried and trusted even though Haarland will be up there come the end of the season. His pre season game time being the main factor (pre Community Shield and Pep talking about niggles).

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Which two premium strikers?

Post by Lucky »

Salah - Haaland - Son

Haaland can rotate with Kane; Salah and Son can rotate with other premium midfielders. If you go for Haaland and Kane, the team might need major restructuring in case of covid, injury, red card or whatever.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Salah/Haaland.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Went with the Harry Mo combo for the vote but am going no Mo for GW1.
Salah will make an appearance in my WC 4 squad and Haaland could be a GW2 FT for Kane.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm on Salah & Kane but honestly could start with any combination of them.

I like the idea of the Kane & Haaland captaincy rotation for the first 5/6 weeks (when I intend to wildcard) but I think it's a bet against Salah, who is the best individual player in the game.

I think maybe it's one of those decisions where if you want a chance of a top 1k, but risk a 250k maybe you bet against Salah where if you'd like a comfortable top 50k then starting with Salah just makes sense.

You could sort of hedge both with Son and Haaland, which only saves 1.0 so in theory should be easy enough to get back to Salah with a -4, but I think you need to see the course through if you do take the captaincy gamble and not panic if you're massacred in GW1.

I am very tempted by Kane and Haaland. I'm not sure when you'd ever see a better set of captaincy games, with likely no rotation (given no CL) and two players on pens in teams we expect to do well.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Lucky wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 11:49 Salah - Haaland - Son

Haaland can rotate with Kane; Salah and Son can rotate with other premium midfielders. If you go for Haaland and Kane, the team might need major restructuring in case of covid, injury, red card or whatever.
Hoping Bournemouth have a good season then :D

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

When you plan a Kane / Haaland rotation in the first 5/6 gws, you might as well leave 0.5m in the bank.

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

Agreed. There's also the fact that Son scored 66 points more than Kane last season. So why do more people seem to be going for Kane this year given they are a similar price? Do they think Son's score last season was some kind of fluke?

Isalla
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Isalla »

johnF wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 16:21

Agreed. There's also the fact that Son scored 66 points more than Kane last season. So why do more people seem to be going for Kane this year given they are a similar price? Do they think Son's score last season was some kind of fluke?
Because the price is probably more than 0.5mil if you compare just the two of them. With Kane, you can get 4.5mid that actually plays (=16mil), while with Son you need a playing fwd bench fodder, which are difficult to come by even at 5.0mil (=17mil).

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

I feel inclined to start with Salah, Son and Kane. Spurs vs Southampton looks a great fixture for Spurs, not so sure about City at WestHam. Then I am prepared to possibly drop both Son and Kane for KDB and Haaland for a minus 4 in GW 2.

Is that a stupid idea? Should one avoid planned rotation?

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Planned rotation with a hit seems a bit much this early in the season!!

Liking the dilemma thou of the strikers and should mean a few different setups and keep things interesting.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

johnF wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 16:21

Kane started very slowly last year, wanted to leave etc. This year he looks excellent pre season. And yes Son will be hard pressed to repeat last year. Plus as others say, it's harder to find forwards (though for the premiums that should not really matter).

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Lucky wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 14:53 When you plan a Kane / Haaland rotation in the first 5/6 gws, you might as well leave 0.5m in the bank.
As a hard and fast rule, I always start with 0.5m in the bank. It gives you more flexibility for immediate firefighting, including mistakes or misjudements I have made in initial team selection.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”