To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Best 4.5m FWDs

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
xJosh-
FISOhead

Best 4.5m FWDs

Post by xJosh- »

Greenwood probably the most likely to play the most minutes but due to his high ownership I don’t want to own him as he’ll be the first to drop in price.

If Delap gets a move to Southampton then it’ll definitely be him but alternatively who do we think are the best 4.5m FWDs?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Best 4.5m FWDs

Post by Mav3rick »

Archer is the only one I've seen tipped, either for a breakout season with Villa or as a potential loan candidate to another PL club. They're all dead spots at the moment though I think.

High ownership doesn't necessarily mean price drops, the ones you really wanna avoid are the high "active" ownership, which is pretty hard to tell, but for those players it's probably likely that managers know they won't play and so they are less likely to burn transfers on them anyway.

Greenwood is top of the list of 4.5 forwards ordered by points last year, so I think its just the casual vote going his way which might actually be helpful in defending against price drops.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Greenwood did well towards the end of the season. Marsch has brought in a few players as well. Looks less of a bargain at the moment. I don't think any of the 4.5ers are worth considering. I think you've got to move up to 5m to widen a sparse choice.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Or maybe even 5.5

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Mav3rick wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 10:02 Archer is the only one I've seen tipped, either for a breakout season with Villa or as a potential loan candidate to another PL club. They're all dead spots at the moment though I think.

High ownership doesn't necessarily mean price drops, the ones you really wanna avoid are the high "active" ownership, which is pretty hard to tell, but for those players it's probably likely that managers know they won't play and so they are less likely to burn transfers on them anyway.

Greenwood is top of the list of 4.5 forwards ordered by points last year, so I think its just the casual vote going his way which might actually be helpful in defending against price drops.
Southampton trying to get Delap from us. Think he’d at the least be getting sub appearances if he went.

Get what you’re saying but I also think the casual player couldn’t care less about -4 or -8 them out when they realise they aren’t playing etc. Greenwood played here and there with Bamford injured and Rodrigo not that favoured so I’d say he’s the most likely to actually get minutes.

The reason I’m looking at them is for my 5 ATB with 1 striker drafts and I’m thinking if my ST doesn’t start 1/2 times then I’d be happy with just getting 1 point off a 4.5m bench sub than playing with 10 men. The 1m to make a 4.5 > 5.5 Undav for example makes a big difference in those defender spots

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

jimmy ching wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 10:21 Or maybe even 5.5
Yeah the 5m options are incredibly limited. Might as well be 4.5s. The 5.5 I’m looking at is Undav. If he’s a half decent finisher then he should start consistently and a Brighton striker that can actually finish would be incredible value at 5.5

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

xJosh- wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 10:54
jimmy ching wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 10:21 Or maybe even 5.5
Yeah the 5m options are incredibly limited. Might as well be 4.5s. The 5.5 I’m looking at is Undav. If he’s a half decent finisher then he should start consistently and a Brighton striker that can actually finish would be incredible value at 5.5
Eyes on Palace if we’re talking 5.5. I reckon Mateta will get the nod above all, Undav would be great, his record speaks for itself, albeit Belgium and the German third tier.

As far as 4.5 goes, Delap if he moves would be very popular.

Archer - If anything happens to Ings, will Watkins be brought from wide to the middle?

If Gayle gets a move that accommodates a bit more gametime, he’s worth considering.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Viable 5.5 strikers are like gold dust for FPL, Undav has the potential of course I guess we'll see as pre-season goes on how much. There's more depth in the 5.5 mid category though, which is why I think most of us are gonna spend a bit more on the striker spot or just risk 2x 4.5.

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

I was originally going to do 2* 4.5m and a Haaland/Kane/Premium Option

Now I'm tempted to take a risk and do

:!: Change 4.5m DEF (Ait-Nouri) to a 4.0m DEF (N. Williams) - saving 0.5m
:!: Change 6.0m MID (Martinelli/Guimares) to a 5.5m MID (Neto) - saving 0.5m
:!: Upgrade 4.5m FWD to 5.5m Undav (BHA)*

* Massively unproven in an inconsistent Brighton side who have always struggled to score, so he could just be another 2010/11 Mauro Boselli

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

The Royal BlueNose wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 12:09 I was originally going to do 2* 4.5m and a Haaland/Kane/Premium Option

* Massively unproven in an inconsistent Brighton side who have always struggled to score, so he could just be another 2010/11 Mauro Boselli
With the 5 subs rule players like Gelhardt might get more time. He gets points when he comes on. It's just the fact that he doesn't start and when he comes on he replaces that midfielder that scored a brace. The beauty of FPL.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Mav3rick wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 11:25 Viable 5.5 strikers are like gold dust for FPL, Undav has the potential of course I guess we'll see as pre-season goes on how much. There's more depth in the 5.5 mid category though, which is why I think most of us are gonna spend a bit more on the striker spot or just risk 2x 4.5.
Jahanbakhsh scored heaps of goals in Holland before joining the Gull, about same standard league wise :shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

SUZYKINS wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 15:19
Mav3rick wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 11:25 Viable 5.5 strikers are like gold dust for FPL, Undav has the potential of course I guess we'll see as pre-season goes on how much. There's more depth in the 5.5 mid category though, which is why I think most of us are gonna spend a bit more on the striker spot or just risk 2x 4.5.
Jahanbakhsh scored heaps of goals in Holland before joining the Gull, about same standard league wise :shock:
What happened to him last season? He looked promising, but 🙄🙄🙄

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

jimmy ching wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 13:44
The Royal BlueNose wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 12:09 I was originally going to do 2* 4.5m and a Haaland/Kane/Premium Option

With the 5 subs rule players like Gelhardt might get more time. He gets points when he comes on. It's just the fact that he doesn't start and when he comes on he replaces that midfielder that scored a brace. The beauty of FPL.
The 5 subs is going to change FF, but in which ways?

TRBN: they all seem a tad detailed for the middle of July and more like mid-season tweaks etc...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

That is a question that probably deserves a thread of all its own.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

I’m steering clear of Greenwood I think, the left-sided Gelhardt appeared above him in the pecking order (though they’ve just signed a new left winger in Sinisterra). Rodrigo should be above him in preference too, and regardless of all of that Bamford should be fit again for the start (though who knows for how long…). Plus didn’t Greenwood play in midfield in the last game against Brentford, where they’ve just signed Aaronson? Finally, they may still have a slither left to spend from the Phillips and Raph income.

Not going near a Belgium league import in Undav. Edouard overcoming Mateta as first choice would be more appealing if I were to entertain spending 5.5 on the third striker slot, as I do think he could cut it.

Would be surprised if Gayle went to another PL club, Championship more likely.

Delap would interest me if he gets a PL loan.

All in all, at present I’m going to stick with Archer in B3 in the event of a breakdown in Ings and hope it doesn’t see Watkins go lone centre.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

I think with the 5 subs rule it’s not going to change too much unless teams are steamrolling or desperately chasing a game.

I cant see teams with 1 goal in it suddenly throwing 2/3 players on changing the dynamics of the game. I think it would be more gradual throughout the game. Making the changes could be considered a risk in itself.

Brighton create loads of chances. The main thing they’re missing is a striker that can score. I feel like that’s why they’ve got this lad and if he’s a good enough finisher he could be a gem at 5.5m.

Mateta definitely had good spells but even when playing well found himself rotated. I do think he’s the 1st choice atm though.

Delap going Southampton would be beautiful. Only if it’s a loan though or 25m as a fan 😂

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

There's no value in any of these low valued strikers at the moment. To me it looks like it's either a 4.5m piece of deadwood or 6m for a guaranteed starter.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Greenwood had a howler today. So disjointed, in fact in the fans view he was the worst Leeds player on the pitch, yet James and Geldhardt impressed. Leeds won 2-1 against Brisbane. James and Geldhardt with the goals.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

James suspended for first game of the season

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/07/18/j ... o-far/?amp

Read this article just now and it has opened my eyes to that;

1) He’s in Ted Lasso’s thoughts.
2) He’s versatile which would help with his minutes, especially with the injuries and departures…

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

Mav3rick wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 10:02 Archer is the only one I've seen tipped, either for a breakout season with Villa or as a potential loan candidate to another PL club. They're all dead spots at the moment though I think.
Noticed Archer has got his second goal of pre-season today, as Villa beat Brisbane Roar 1-0. Definitely feel like he's is looking more appealing that Greenwood at the moment, especially with Ings being so injury-prone and Villa looking more likely to create chances than Leeds.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

The Royal BlueNose wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 14:47
Noticed Archer has got his second goal of pre-season today, as Villa beat Brisbane Roar 1-0. Definitely feel like he's is looking more appealing that Greenwood at the moment, especially with Ings being so injury-prone and Villa looking more likely to create chances than Leeds.
Do we not think there’s also options like Bailey where they won’t play 2 up top and adopt a 4-2-3-1 instead of playing 2 up top or Watkins out wide 🤔

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

The Royal BlueNose wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 14:47
Greenwood has a Darren Andertoneque striker in Bamford to oust while Archer has Ings & Watkins to get past :shock:
Be more Jefferey than Cameron if he gets a starting berth at Vanilla :D .
Ted Lasso already said that Greenwood can play in many positions which bodes well for appearance points.

Roger Ramjet
FISOhead

Post by Roger Ramjet »

We all need a bit of Plange now and then!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”