To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

8th Annual SuperGrover's £60 FPL Money League

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)
SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

8th Annual SuperGrover's £60 FPL Money League

Post by SuperGrover »

I am again running the SuperGrover cash FPL league now entering its 7th season. As usual, I am capping the entry. There will be 26 allowed entries this season, same as last year. Please understand this is non-negotiable so please do not try and convince me should the league be filled; I promise I will not budge!

I should note that as usual I give last season’s participants a chance to renew prior to opening it up to others. The majority have chosen to do so and as such there is only 6 spots unaccounted for. If you are interested you will need to act quickly.

The league rules are as follows:

Format will be traditional FPL (no H2H).

All FISO members are welcome to join, but the league maximum size will not change no matter the level of interest.

Entrance is given on a first come, first served basis. The receipt of entry fee will determine the precedence in which people are admitted to the league.

Entry fee is £60. All money goes into the prize pool and will be fully redistributed to league members. I no longer accept non-GBP currencies due to complexities with PayPal.

I will be participating in the league and be paying entry fee as well. I will be taking no administration fee.

All transactions will be executed through PayPal. All PayPal charges for submitting entrance fees will be the responsibility of the individual league member. I will in no way be responsible for charges incurred.

User information and league code will be distributed via direct, private messaging or email. I will exchange my personal name, location, and PayPal payme link to interested parties. Once I receive the same from an interested party AND have received their entry fee I will send the code out.

Last year we added a cup competition with great success. The cup rules are as follows:

- Matchups will be determined by random draw
- All legs will be two GWs and include only total points scored. Hits will not be counted.
- Tie breakers will be 1) most points scored in the second game 2) most points on bench 3) most goals scored by all starters 4) most bonus points scored by all starters 5) coin flip
- In first round, the 3 highest points scored by losing teams will advance to round of 16. Same tie breaker rules apply.
- Starting in 2nd round only winners advance. Will take a total of ten GWs to complete.
- Will define starting GW once schedule is confirmed. Will definitely be after holiday break so GW 20 or greater. Last year we started in GW 24 I believe.

Please note that the league is not limited to FISO members. Prizes will be as follows:

1st - £600
2nd - £300
3rd - £175
4th - £100
5th - £70

Cup 1st - £175
Cup 2nd - £100
Cup 3rd - £40 (played by two semifinal losers)

Warning - before joining this mini-league please read the following post from FISO admin: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27293.

From the thread:

4. If you decide to join a mini-league or side-game not Chaired by Admin then you do so at your own risk. Admin does not necessarily know who the Chairman is in real life and may not be able to help you should he/she decide not to distribute the prize he/she has won or has offered themselves. A mini-league or game set up using the FISO forums has nothing to do with FISO Ltd or the forum administrator.

5. If you want to join a non-official mini-league (i.e. one not chaired by me) then you should try and put in place some form of written agreement between the participants and the chairman (using real life names) with regard to the distribution of any prize won. This could be based upon a standard syndicate type agreements - showing the membership and how winnings are paid out. These should be signed but at least do an exchange of private messages.

6. If you join a mini-league not Chaired by Admin or a game run by a forum member and you do not receive the share of winnings you were expecting then do not blame me or FISO Ltd. You were warned.

Finally, I have added a personal rule regarding team names this season. To avoid issues with FPL I have added a Team Name rule to the comp. Basically, this means that anyone who has an offensive or overly political name will be asked to change it. If he/she refuses I will be forced to remove them from the league without refund. I will be the final arbitrator of what is deemed inappropriate. The main goal here is to make this competition about EPL only and avoid bringing some of the issues with the real world into this space.

If you are interested please PM me and I will send you payment details. The league usually generates solid interest and fills up quickly. Please don't delay if you want to join.

Good luck!

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 8th Annual SuperGrover's £60 FPL Money League

Post by SuperGrover »

We are at 5 spots remaining. So if interested I recommend you contact me ASAP.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

We are down to three with a couple already expressing interest in the remaining slots.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Down to one spot.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

And we are filled. Thanks to all who joined. If you missed out be on the lookout in 12 months time.

Thanks!

rich225
Wideboy

Post by rich225 »

This looks good... See you next year

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

And here are the results for the season. Was a great competition and we had our first repeat winner (he tied last season but won outright this year). This season in general was tougher than most so top20k was good enough for some prize money. The cup competition was also tightly contested.

Hope all who were interested this season will be ready to pounce next year. I will be running again with same format and same number of teams (26). If interested you can go ahead and send me a PM now and I will keep you on the list for next year.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagu ... tandings/c

Smokin'RayArnold
Kevin and Perry

Post by Smokin'RayArnold »

Hello SG,

Can we expect another Money League to be scheduled for this season? If so can I express my interest if a slot were to become available?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”