To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TAA Harland & Bakke

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
keevilp
Kevin and Perry

TAA Harland & Bakke

Post by keevilp »

In a nod to "Only Fools and Horses" I thought I would name my side after 2 present and 1 former player.

Anyway with such good intentions I lost my way last season and pretty much gave up in January.

So this year I wanted to see if I can have a real crack at getting into the top 300,000

Here is my 1st Draft. Any advice would be welcomed

GK: Mendy (5) Raya (4.5)
DF: TAA (7.5) James (6) Perisic (5.5) Trippier (5) Tomayasu or B.White (4.5)
MF: Foden (8) Mount (8) Luis Diaz (8) Martinelli (6) Neto (5.5)
FW: Haarland (11.5) Jesus (8) Johnson (6)

My thought process is that I have 3 x full resets. Around GW8, International break and then in January.

So the first part of the season is to leave Salah out and create a nice balance in the side - hoping to add value - review around GW8 (make changes) then do another reset at the international break and then in January.

This side also allows me to play 5-3-2, 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

I also have £1m ITB

Haarland and Kane can rotate as they are similar value.
Could even rotate Jesus with either Darwin/Jota

Any thoughts/improvements?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by keevilp on 06 Jul 2022, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: TAA Harland & Bakke

Post by blahblah »

It looks to be nearly as good/mediocre/bad as mine 😎😎😎

I don't have much faith in Tuchel, and Chelsea need 2 or 3 starting CBs?

The only attackers anywhere near being sure to start are OdEg and Jesus.

Are you deciding who to bench every GW?

keevilp
Kevin and Perry

Post by keevilp »

I originally had Odegaard but really fancied Martinelli. But I guess that can be changed.

I had to make the choice between Chilwell and Mount - Maybe I can revisit this?

As a Cardiff/Wales supporter I really do think Johnson is going to do well for a "Promoted Striker". Subject to fixtures there is flexibility there for playing 3 up front.

Again, also subject to fixtures, there is room to rotate Haarland/Kane.

What do you think about going for a nice spread of players rather than lumping all on Salah and creating an imbalance

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Some of that is answered in my RMT: OdEg, Salah.

You might want to consider an early BB, as you seem to have 15 starters.

keevilp
Kevin and Perry

Post by keevilp »

I was thinking that. A lot of my team are playing away GW1 so GW2 hopefully have a load playing at home!

I appreciate your help and advice as well :)

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

I don’t hate your squad, but I think leaving Salah out (when Liverpool have a decent start, as well) is a bit risky. It reminds me of people at buffets who want “a little bit of everything”; in the end they might have more satisfaction having more of the best stuff.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

zipnolan wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 15:57 I don’t hate your squad, but I think leaving Salah out (when Liverpool have a decent start, as well) is a bit risky. It reminds me of people at buffets who want “a little bit of everything”; in the end they might have more satisfaction having more of the best stuff.
Is the risk bigger having Salah and 4 subs that dont play or not having Salah and having 4 subs that should play? This is what i'm struggling with at the moment.

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

I appreciate the view that there should be some flexibility in case someone doesn't play, but in general I don't think it's a profitable idea to make sacrifices to ensure everyone starts (unless you're playing BB in week 1). You can have 15 starters, but in the end only 11 will score points for you. In general, we should have a good idea of who will be starting in GW1, so rotters (or "players of potential") can stay and sit cheaply on the bench. Also - and most critically - the first 16 weeks of the game are going to be two sprints, divided by a wild card. In my view players who try to spend that time cultivating value will lose out to those who make bold, pragmatic moves , trying to pot as many balls as they can.

keevilp
Kevin and Perry

Post by keevilp »

Thanks for all your advice it is appreciated.

I have made some changes and also done a little bit of homework. I have looked into players scores last season based on PP90 (Points per 90 minutes) as opposed to PPG (Points per Game) and come up with a competitive side without Salah. I have noted that previous winners tend to average around 67 points per week so I am pleased with my team which, with a double point captain, averages out at 72.

I am sure I wont average that week in week out but its sounds like a good start

Figures in brackets are PP90Mins

Mendy (3.82)

James (6.81)
TAA (6.56)
Trippier (5.87)
Perisic (Set at 5 based on average Spurs defence last season - although Id hope for more)

Mahrez (8.18)
Maddison (6.64)
Luis Diaz (6.02)
Bruno Guimaraes (5.85)

Jesus (5.77)
Haaland (12 - Based on 6 x 2 for captain)

Gives an overall total of 72.52
Draft2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Do you have Points per Appearance?

If so, can you share the info; and even better if you have it with the players' price this season ☺️

keevilp
Kevin and Perry

Post by keevilp »

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Just be wary that PP90 can be a misleading metric that rewards players with less game time. Imagine a player who gets subbed on for 1 minute each match but never scores anything other than that one appearance point, his PP90 would be 90!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, it is worse than useless........

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Points per 90 mins looks good until you lose 8pts when Mahrez doesnt play and 2pts when Jesus gets subbed after 60mins. At least the subs bench will claw a couple of points back.

I like the team but some will say too much money "wasted" on the bench but i do wonder if having a half decent bench is needed as covid is still around.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”