To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

VELOGAMES 2022

A forum for fans of Fantasy Cycling games (including Fantasy Tour de France)
bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Re: VELOGAMES 2022

Post by bluelionman »

murf wrote: 06 May 2022, 13:53
sibrown4 wrote:
murf wrote: 06 May 2022, 11:47 murf's mob are in

The flag has just dropped and the Giro d'Hungaria is off.

From what I can see there is no coverage on ITV4 but Quest are doing their 7pm highlights show again (using Eurosport coverage??)
If you don't want to pay Discovery Plus or Eurosport, S4C are showing it every afternoon!
In English??ImageImageImage
If you want highlights there's Giro highlights on Quest TV at 7pm every night and you can watch it free on Discovery+ on catch up - I have found it don't work on there phone app (should do I think, I have complained) but on my PC I have found the catch up highlights work there here's a link:

https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/show/g ... b=episodes

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I'm flying up the FISO League

St1 - 22nd
St2 - 20th
St3 - 19th

I need a rest day.....

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

The Women’s Itzulia finished yesterday with a win for Just a Kiwi.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

Final table for the Giro and a win for Simon Brown (me) who held off a spirited challenge from Brave Dailsford (whoever this entrant is?)

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Happy to finish on the podium after a strange Giro.

a few brilliant stages but generally a bit bland and not really any excitement for the GC race.

Girmay, De Gent (of course) and MvdP provided some rare high points
VdP is great to watch. Nearly every stage you just look and think 'why the eff is he doing that'. He just seems to enjoy riding and he's so strong that sometimes it comes off despite the way he's riding :-)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Did anybody have Jai?

I just ignored him as an average rider (like Bardet, Carthy and Landa) who may be somewhere up there but wouldn't bring home the points.....

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I had Jai, more from luck than skill(and I’m also ‘Brave Dailsford’). As a first time Giro watcher I thought it was ok. Not enough for excitement on the mountain stages but I suppose it was always going to be cagey when there was so little in it.

No Demare and poor 6 value choices cost me but can’t complain as my ambition was merely to be not last

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Mo Bot wrote: 30 May 2022, 13:14 I had Jai, more from luck than skill(and I’m also ‘Brave Dailsford’). As a first time Giro watcher I thought it was ok. Not enough for excitement on the mountain stages but I suppose it was always going to be cagey when there was so little in it.

No Demare and poor 6 value choices cost me but can’t complain as my ambition was merely to be not last
So I had Carapaz who outscored your Hindley (2244 v 2128) and I also did have Demare (3rd on 1437) so how come you came 2nd and I was 15th???? :lol: (EDIT - see you also had Carapaz and some of your 'poor' choices were actually pretty good - you had 5 of the top 11 and 2 not far off!)

I also got good value from Arensman - 975 for 8 cost and got some points for Martin and Yates. Rest admittedly rubbish (but mostly cheap)

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

Bring on the Tour de Suisse!

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

Two tours completed at the weekend.

Cardiffdaffs is the winner of the Women's Tour

And Nevblake the winner of the Dauphine.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

The beleaguered Tour de Suisse has been completed. A win for Just a Kiwi.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

Mo Bot wrote: 06 May 2022, 10:59 Wheels Of Titanium have joined. It's my first Giro so will surely be propping up the Fiso table
I think I've taken that honour.
KneeJerkers have joined.
Hope yall don't mind a spectator in your ranks.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bluelionman »

Think I'm in the FISO Tdf League automatically - just going for the Classic Table (no transfers) Team Name - Eat My Inner Tubes

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

The Tour de France Game has launched for entries. Those who have played before this season will be automatically entered. For new players the League Code is in the opening post. Deadline is 2.45pm on Friday 1st July.

There is also a new feature called “Stage Hunters” which runs side by side with the Game. After Stage 3 you will be given the opportunity, if you so wish, to make 9 transfers to win points in a SEPARATE leaderboard.

www.Velogames.com

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

I'm in. Will probably also just play the classic game, although it depends on how many riders I've lost by the first rest day I guess :-)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

17 teams showing in FISO league but, as things stand, 16 are set to be disqualified for illegal jerseys.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

My jersey matches my FISO avatar/ profile pic. Contractual obligations and all that

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

I feel a bit dirty but I have also opened up the rather poor Official TdF game as I know 1 or 2 play it. Click on this link if you want to have a go in our League. Warning. It is a really poorly engineered site that hasn't improved over the past few years so won't blame you if you can't be bothered.

https://fantasybytissot.letour.fr/#welc ... &mdp=HXETJ

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

BUMP entry dealine 2:45 Friday afternoon UK time (is there any other?). Plenty of time for me to reconsider my current Pogacar-free entry....

Also spaces left in theo's comp I think.

If this link doesn't work, try a search!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Muddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Muddy »

Entered a team LEGS OF STEEL CITY
Gone with the big guns and cheap domestiques, so pretty boring choices I'm afraid.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Meant to have another look at this but forgot 😀

Probably for the best. It’s always the rider you take out at the last second that gets loads of points

I’m Woutless. Could be a fatal error but I’m not sure how good his knee is. I’m sure he’ll go out and win everything now😀

Good luck everyone.

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

I'm in for the Tour. I have WVA and 5 others in the top 10 today. Let's hope it lasts (no chance), lol.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

unc.si. wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 15:37 Meant to have another look at this but forgot 😀

Probably for the best. It’s always the rider you take out at the last second that gets loads of points

I’m Woutless. Could be a fatal error but I’m not sure how good his knee is. I’m sure he’ll go out and win everything now😀

Good luck everyone.
I think Wout's knee was most likely an excuse to skip the nationals

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

El Tel of Ealing wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 19:07
unc.si. wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 15:37 Meant to have another look at this but forgot 😀

Good luck everyone.
I think Wout's knee was most likely an excuse to skip the nationals
Looks likely 😀 I’ve not really been paying attention the last couple of weeks

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

Can't believe I was 'pipped' to the first yellow jersey!

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

SPR wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 10:20 Can't believe I was 'pipped' to the first yellow jersey!
:D

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

sibrown4 wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 17:53 I feel a bit dirty but I have also opened up the rather poor Official TdF game as I know 1 or 2 play it. Click on this link if you want to have a go in our League. Warning. It is a really poorly engineered site that hasn't improved over the past few years so won't blame you if you can't be bothered.

https://fantasybytissot.letour.fr/#welc ... &mdp=HXETJ
I feel dirty too ... whats the password I should use to join FISO Tour ?

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

Ben O'Connor quits with a pain up his arse (aka Torn Glute)
Which renders my Young Australians climbing duo of him and Haig the most useless picks imaginable

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

Result of the Giro Donne. Win for GeoffV

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bluelionman »

I got my picks for this so wrong - I passed on Wout when I read about his knee and then decided to just swerve Jumbo riders and I have paid the price massively, picking Frenchmen like Pinot was a waste of credits! :oops:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cycling”