To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Talk TV

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
Guppings
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Distant memory

Talk TV

Post by Guppings »

Started yesterday, haven't watched any of it yet but will try to remember to have look later. KO at 7PM:

Sky: 526.
Virgin Media: 627.
Freeview: 237.
Freesat: 217.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: Talk TV

Post by forestfan »

Piers Morgan’s new channel? Will it Trump (pun intended) GammonBox News?

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

You lost me at...
forestfan wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 16:41Piers Morgan’s new channel??

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Bob Newhart wrote:You lost me at...
Lost me at 'Talk TV'. Would run away from anything to do with Piers Morgan especially if he Talks a lot.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

quite ironic that a man who's built a 30+ year career being paid by Murdoch et al to express controversial views and shout down anyone who disagrees with him is now bleating on about free speech.

will probably watch it at some point (I try not to judge anything unless I've seen it), although suspect it will end up a sideshow for people that like getting angry about things

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Well, some people support free speech but also support being able to do what you like, from verbal abuse to physical violence, in response to others exercising their own right to free speech in a way that offends them/they mildly disagree with.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Well Morgan certainly has a history of being aggressive, angry, petulant and vindictive to anyone who holds views that aren’t the same as his.

Think he needs to take a long look in the mirror before he starts preaching about freedom of speech. It’s not really about that at all though, just publicity and $$$$$

Guppings
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Guppings »

murf wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 19:08
Bob Newhart wrote:You lost me at...
Lost me at 'Talk TV'. Would run away from anything to do with Piers Morgan especially if he Talks a lot.
His programme is on for an hour, it seemed longer tbh, I've never liked him but hold similar views to him on 1 or 2 subjects :mrgreen:

Generally it looked professional with no major glitches, certainly knocked GB news off the park imho :wink:

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Self-publicity on steroids.

I think he gets a bonus every time he says woke.

I loved it. As comedy, not news or current affairs.

Guppings
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Guppings »

Tom Newton Dunn was on before him, had Boris live in the studio but it seems everyone so far is judging the channel entirely on Piers Morgan :roll:

Didn't watch much of the segment that followed Morgan, as Jeremy Kyle was on it & I dislike him more than Morgan :mrgreen:

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Just what the world needs - more Murdoch.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

An example of the quality debate on offer!

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... ed2965cdd7

Guppings
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Guppings »

The turd Corbyn gets annoyed with Morgan :mrgreen:

Guppings
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Guppings »

in the above clip Corbyn's explanation for calling Hamas friends was at best disingenuous or to be less PC, fookiing liar :mrgreen:

plasticninja
Grumpy Old Man

Post by plasticninja »

Our friends at Hamas and Hezbullah?

I know someone who wants to say hello.

Guppings
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Guppings »

I wont get tired of pointing out that Starmer did his best to get this bag of shit elected PM :mrgreen:

Guppings
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Guppings »

I gather some news channels aren't naming the 2 Royals accused of being racist in this latest book?

Talk TV have via Piers Morgan & if the Forum rather the clip below is not played for 'some reason', delete please.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

They're in the public domain, so I don't think there is any issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 11:49 They're in the public domain, so I don't think there is any issue 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've reported the post so the mods can decide - we should NOT come onto this forum and be subjected to pictures of Piers Morgan :evil:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

🤣😂🤣

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

I am sorry to say that there are many precedents as to why the clip should be allowed - on this page alone I counted three that included Piers Morgan. There may be more but I couldn't take it so gave up.
Furthermore, if we have to put up with Corbyn I think PM has to be allowed.

Also, it's a clip of what someone else said, so I think we are on safe legal ground regards mentioning the royals involved.
I haven't closed the report because I think it's funnier left as it is for now!! :lol:

Guppings
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Guppings »

murf wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 11:52
blahblah wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 11:49 They're in the public domain, so I don't think there is any issue 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've reported the post so the mods can decide - we should NOT come onto this forum and be subjected to pictures of Piers Morgan :evil:
In reference top quote, the fact that some news channels aren't naming them made me wonder if there could be legal issues?

Just to be clear, the news channel who have stated they wouldn't name them was GB news :mrgreen:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Guppings wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 12:37
In reference top quote, the fact that some news channels aren't naming them made me wonder if there could be legal issues?

Just to be clear, the news channel who have stated they wouldn't name them was GB news :mrgreen:
They didn't name them on HIGNFY last night, just slagged off Piers for being a massive hypocrite(/other things)

Guppings
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Guppings »

murf wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 12:46
Guppings wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 12:37

They didn't name them on HIGNFY last night, just slagged off Piers for being a massive hypocrite(/other things)
My opinion of Morgan would fall in the other things bracket but agreeing he's a massive self opiniated chap. However, he does occasionally have have guest on that discuss interesting, at least to me, subjects & its their opinions I want to hear, hearing his is unavoidable. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Guppings on 02 Dec 2023, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Guns and cricket are the two things he talks sense on!

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

forestfan wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 13:03 Guns and cricket are the two things he talks sense on!
Does he advocate their use?
Who would be carrying, the umpires without doubt but surely not the players....?!!

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Jester wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 13:18
forestfan wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 13:03 Guns and cricket are the two things he talks sense on!
Does he advocate their use?
Who would be carrying, the umpires without doubt but surely not the players....?!!
Depends if the opposition are armed with sandpaper or bottle-tops ;)

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

BBC article

report closed

Guppings
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Guppings »

I stumbled accross the tail end of an interview with Scobie on ITV yesterday, certainly not investigating journalist, 2 clowns sat on a sofa being very nice to this shithead :mrgreen:

Morgan was ranting about what he claims were lies Scobie had written about him in this book, calling Scobie a LIAR on more than one occasion. I wont post the youtube proof, another sighting of Morgan would send Murfs blood pressure through the roof :wink:

But

Here's a link for anyone who wants to view it 8-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HToB-SRD6kQ

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”