To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RIP Shane Warne

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
Guppings
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Distant memory

Re: RIP Shane Warne

Post by Guppings »

sportsmeister wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 09:48
forestfan wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 10:02
Mav3rick wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 09:55 RIP indeed, 52 is no age at all.

The man was responsible for a lot of sporting misery in my childhood years, but none the less a genius and always seemed like a good bloke in interviews and during commentaries etc.
Yeah, his personal life may have been “eventful” but he seemed quite a genuine bloke on the whole.

Despite him being on the opposition he was one of those you could just respect as a genius at work, the star attraction of the best Aussie team in living memory (and with McGrath, Gilchrist, Ponting etc. alongside him that was a high bar!) Think I only saw him play “live” once, the first day at Edgbaston in 2005 - not his best day overall as he went for over 100 as England racked up 400 in a day, but he still bowled Strauss with a Gatting-like square turner as well as eventually cleaning up the tail. Of course his most famous part in that game was treading on his stumps in the nail-biting final day run chase…
What a great day of cricket that first day was - I'm slightly envious

I went to the second day which was the less exciting of the four days but did include the Strauss wicket

My Dad was friends with someone who once got Bradman out but I reckon Warne might be the next best.

Although England would not have won the 2005 Ashes without Shane's dropped catch on the final day
Ironically it won an Australian £50k in the Sun game, username of Don Bradman (I think) on the forum. Banana finished 2nd I think :?:

Guppings
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Distant memory

Re: RIP Shane Warne

Post by Guppings »

Magic wrote: 17 May 2022, 09:04
forestfan wrote: 16 May 2022, 10:02Another Aussie legend gone too soon in Andrew Symonds. Another sometimes troubled character but supremely talented cricketer.
Bit of a nutter but he could really play!
Born in Birmingham the UK, always in my fantasy teams when playing 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”