Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Re: FanTeam £1m Premier League 2021/22

Post by Biddles32 »

Finally in the top 100 😮‍💨 and 3 to play still so confident I can stay there. Not to mention 3rd on the gameweek in the second chance league catapulting me I to the top 200. Superb week! bar the Sancho change 😏

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Tripled up on Man utd!!! Must be mad!! Unfortunately Leicester made it through to semi’s in Europe so I have no faith in their players with Rodger’s constantly chopping and changing. Otherwise I’d have been more inclined to bring some of the Leicester boys in… let’s see what happens this gameweek and if I can retain top 100 position. Good luck EPG, Lonegunner and Blockhead with your top 100 retaining positions 🤞

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

I see this forum is a bit quiet nowadays but as I’m doing so well I’m pretty excited! So thought I’d put some of my ideas across on here for the final 2 weeks.

So I’ve chose Jesus, Kulusevski and Schmeichel as my differential type players this week with the other mix pretty safe options and chose Son as captain which is pretty much the safest bet, I believe…. Was so tempted to go Kane but I just thought Piggybank will probably pick half his captains as Kane and the other half Son so no point me risking Kane. Especially as he has hinted about giving pens to Son so gets that golden boot.

Jesus is expected to start from many sites so I’ve kept him over Mount because for some reason I think the pen miss may affect Mount. Also there is a chance Mount could be rested as nothing to play for and Tuchel will play a strong side final game I believe. Kulusevski picks himself really put him in early doors and never needed to move him again and I’m hoping Schmeichel gets the clean sheet against Watford and plenty save points against Chelsea. Can’t wait now!!!

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

And Kulusevski doesn’t start! 🤦‍♂️

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I've had an absolute nightmare - assumed the early kickoff was 12:30 like usual. I logged in at around 10:20 thinking I had 40 minutes to sort teams out and then saw the timer saying less than 10 mins to go until deadline. Fortunately, I managed to make transfers in my better teams, still got Salah captains in a few teams which are currently ITM :oops:

Best of luck Biddles, great comeback in the 2nd half of the season from where you were. I was the opposite and fell off a cliff chasing all those DGW players like Weghorst who turned out to be crap :lol:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Bang average from me this year. All bar my late starts should get in the money so i will turn a profit.... But every time i get into top 200 I slip away again. Do like this game though... Fked it up somehow by decoupling my best team accidentally from its group.... Think i may just go with 2 blocks of teams next year

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Disasterous start for me! Schmeichel on bench and Sa as my back up keeper who is also benched (although I knew this was happening) so let’s hope Schmeichel gets the second game 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I hope Kulusevski don’t get bought on now and Mount starts his game. Need Jesus to do the business now to redeem myself 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 and a cheeky couple of goals from Son would be great 😬😁 p.s thanks for taking the pen Kane 😖

LoneGunner
Treebeard

Post by LoneGunner »

Biddles32 wrote: 15 May 2022, 10:48 chose Son as captain which is pretty much the safest bet, I believe…. Was so tempted to go Kane but I just thought Piggybank will probably pick half his captains as Kane and the other half Son so no point me risking Kane. Especially as he has hinted about giving pens to Son so gets that golden boot.
You've had a great run Biddles. Anyone on KdB as captain last week has made up so much ground. I haven't looked at percentages, but I'd be surprised if there was a consensus towards Spurs for captaincy - the DGW for Everton in particular is too enticing. I'm 9/10 on Richarlison, with the other being Cash. Unlucky with Schmeichel. Pickford was the safe pick with Everton still in danger, but you can't legislate for that really.

I've had a nightmare with captaincy choice in the past 3/4 weeks. Slipped from 20th to just inside the top 200, basically due to that and also not owning KdB.

Looking forward to next season already, and a more active forum hopefully.
BLOCKHEAD wrote: 15 May 2022, 11:47 fell off a cliff chasing all those DGW players
The importance of DGW is such a myth imo. Success rate chasing it is probably well under 50% re: sub-prime players.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Madisson capt in my best.... If he performs again could see me back in top 200.

Only about 40 points off a 4 figure score which is always my benchmark of a decentish win... Unlikely but possible if capts hit from hereon

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Poor poor week from me. Likely to drop some more in the coming days ☹️Hopefully have a good final week and get a four figure sum. 🤞

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

I'm planning of playing this in the new season, as I have a good chance of playing it with money I earned in the Second chance game :) .
I have to say I played the Second Chance game flippantly (which might be a good way to...?) I thought Salah was way too expensive so never had him in my team.
I really liked the auto subs in that game and prefer that format.
Maybe I will get some tips here from you pros :) .

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

No auto subs in the main game so is a very different game Wahine. I’d say this is the best fantasy football game around at the moment though and is very rewarding at the same time. I will say it’s not an easy game to play either. Their are some very good managers who are having a bad season this year and it takes a lot of attention to detail.

It is also better than the Fpl game which is the format it’s based on because it is simplified with no triple captain and no bench boost which i hate in FPl. Fanteam have definitely done their homework with this platform and I predict even more interest for next seasons season game which will possibly make the competition even harder. I’ve played 3 seasons now and every year I’ve entered a few extra teams and that pattern is likely to increase furthermore.

With my expected profit I can invest more into the game and I feel a lot of other managers who play this game will and have been doing the same thing - and this is exactly what Fanteam wants. So it’s a very clever business model overall and rewarding for the customer at the same time.

I’ve played the sun game for years and had many top 100 finishes but I’ve found my interest diminishing every season with the amount of cocks up they keep making. You don’t get that at Fanteam! And no I don’t work for Fanteam 🤣

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

Good luck everyone today that has something to play for. Iv had a shocking finish to the season and am just hoping to win a few quid to put in the pot for next seasons teams. Hearing that James and Alonso are going to be benched doesnt help though. Going to put 15 teams in the £1.68 Gameweek 38 Finale though to give me a bit of interest.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Frustrating...

Clawed back to 154th having been ca 1300th only a couple of months back. Cleared a 1k profit which helps offset an awful sky season in terms of mini leagues

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Blockhead you have had a rickyrosa sized nightmare there.... From leading to only sneaking a handful into the cash spots..... Too many perms to manage..... Been there with telegraph back in the day....

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

Piggybank has cleaned up with his 99 teams, won over 400 grand, in stark contrast, Sandor has won nothing with 100 teams, great management by the winner.

As entries have picked up in the season game, season upon season, it's more important to multi enter that many teams to stand a chance, with one team now really you're just living on a wing and a prayer in a pool of nearly 40,000 teams.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 22 May 2022, 19:17 Blockhead you have had a rickyrosa sized nightmare there.... From leading to only sneaking a handful into the cash spots..... Too many perms to manage..... Been there with telegraph back in the day....
I’ll have you know I’m actually doing quite well for myself thank you very much Yorkshire.

I have learnt that I’m actually not very good at the long games though, I always run out of time to manage the number of teams required to be successful.

I much prefer shorter games and have a much better record, came 7th for instance yesterday in the £84k game.

I actually sympathise with BH, it’s incredibly difficult to manage such a large volume of teams unless of course you have a lot of time on your hands which let’s be honest most of us don’t.

Anyways, hope you are all well and will probably ‘see’ you all next year.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 22 May 2022, 19:17 Blockhead you have had a rickyrosa sized nightmare there.... From leading to only sneaking a handful into the cash spots..... Too many perms to manage..... Been there with telegraph back in the day....
Yes I'll be cutting down drastically on number of teams next season. Too many to manage and I gave up on a lot of them throughout the season. Good to see Ricky get a cash win on the final day - hope this encourages him to enter more seasonal teams next season as I missed the banter this season. As for sandor, I think this is his 2nd consecutive season where all 100 teams finished out of the money :shock:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

RickyRosa wrote: 23 May 2022, 10:07
I’ll have you know I’m actually doing quite well for myself thank you very much Yorkshire.

I have learnt that I’m actually not very good at the long games though, I always run out of time to manage the number of teams required to be successful.

I much prefer shorter games and have a much better record, came 7th for instance yesterday in the £84k game.

I actually sympathise with BH, it’s incredibly difficult to manage such a large volume of teams unless of course you have a lot of time on your hands which let’s be honest most of us don’t.

Anyways, hope you are all well and will probably ‘see’ you all next year.
Fair play ricky. I keep playing the short format but i dont like the very large element of chance in them. Even the half season games i lose interest partly because in many formats they are won on short term transfers..... If i could avoid getting drawn in my roi would be far better.

I agree re lots of teams. Some of my minileagues my teams got accidentally separated from their group.... Pain. Next year i may just go 2 blocks of ten or similar in fanteam

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Tbh, the season long game is a beast and you have to be some player and have lots of time to be able to commit, that’s before you take into account the monetary outlay required to stand a chance.

I just prefer the shorter games as even though there’s a lot more luck involved it is imop possible to find small angles and edges that can be exploited….

Like Yorkshire, even the shortened seasonal games are a bit much for me tbh.

It’s funny how time away sort of gave me perspective that it’s a lot more fun if taken as so, I.e play for fun and if you win a couple of quid it’s an even better feeling.

I will for sure though be playing lots of the weekly games (when I say lots I only ever enter between 1-5 teams) I will just play more frequently.

Hope you all recouped some of your funds guys and if not, beauty of this game is there is always next season.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Gutted I didn’t make a better start but if I’m being honest I knew I’d eventually end up in a decent position, the higher budget was a big indicator with lots of sensible choices.

Hoping for a better start next season and entering 25 teams which is double the amount of what I entered this year.

Blockhead maybe you can give me some tips on how to set up for the start of season and I’ll do the same for you the backend 😉

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Gave up on FanTeam far too early. Had a really good start in all FF games season; was 157th OR at one point in FPL at week 7ish (though I had used triple captain and free hit already), was top 100 in sun (very briefly), FanTeam and TFF around the same time and SKY I was top 20 by first OH but it all went downhill from there. I had that crappy week when I captained Havertz vs Norwich in the 7-0 win where he didn’t score, the same weekend salah got a hat trick at old Trafford and I just went kamikaze trying to make up the lost points which was a stupid tactic given that it was still so early on in the season🤦🏻‍♂️ All I needed to do was play sensibly and try and claw the points back slowly but I got impatient and ended up miles back before finally losing interest January or whatever.

56th at mo in FanTeam CL knock out game but that’s the only FF game I’ve done ok in. I was pants at the monsters too🙂

Looking forward to next season but I’m going to put less teams in FanTeam this time. 10 max as the 25 or 30 I put in last season was too overwhelming to manage.

All the best to Dot in DT if he’s reading and well played to anyone on here who finished in top 100 on FanTeam👏🙂

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

wahine wrote: 16 May 2022, 02:52 I'm planning of playing this in the new season, as I have a good chance of playing it with money I earned in the Second chance game :) .
I have to say I played the Second Chance game flippantly (which might be a good way to...?) I thought Salah was way too expensive so never had him in my team.
I really liked the auto subs in that game and prefer that format.
Maybe I will get some tips here from you pros :) .
I could do with a compare/contrast of this with FPL as they are quite similar?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Woke yesterday and was a little down hearted that aside from
Two short games left with the European finals which look like a crap shoot there’s nothing left to play….

Then I remembered the World Cup! So took some
Funds off the site to book a profit but have left a few quid on to have a good crack at the Wc. I reckon they will do a 100k guarantee?

Democracy Manifest
Kevin and Perry

Post by Democracy Manifest »

Really enjoyed this year’s seasonal game, but I’m starting to wonder if Fanteam are going to run it again seeing that this years entry fee shortfall cost them a couple of hundred grand.

I guess it was always intended to be a loss leader, but I’m not sure it’s really drawn enough players into playing their other daily fantasy games for them to grow as a business. The weekly monster prize fund seems to be less than what it was at the start of the year?

Worryingly, their parent company’s share price (scout gaming group) plunged 50 percent yesterday (over 90% down in a year), so I think there must be some trouble behind the scenes?

The site is well run and I’ve had no trouble cashing out recently, so there’s probably no need to panic just yet, but I’d advise anyone looking to re-invest this years winnings from the seasonal into next years game (should it run) to cash out now just in case the site goes under before next season starts…

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

isn't all money held in licensed gambling accounts ringfenced by law meaning nobody would lose anything if they went under?

the monsters definitely reduced their jackpot prizes, was 5k-10k for ages then all of a sudden 3k with a reduced entry number, used to be around just over 4000 entry limit, mentioned it in march that it was strange, maybe that was the first sign. I'd be very surprised if the seasonal jackpot next year was the same, if I remember correctly at the beginning of season just gone, the jackpot was initially lower anyway, maybe 100k? then they increased for some reason.

I think they'd be much better off concentrating on side games then seasonal, but them I'm biased because my solo entry is usually crap :)

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

You will be safe with cash balances but open bets/games another thing entirely.

I'm hopeful that their recent deal with Bet365 means they come through this but clearly there are some worrying signs.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Andy luckhurst sent that on to me too. Hope all of the fanteam influencer army on twittwr see it too and consider their morals (hahaa) in promoting a company which could be on shaky ground.

@democracy manifest thought you looked in prime position in sky... Good showing still.... Becoming very consistent

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”