To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

WC34

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
SamuearlJ
Wideboy

WC34

Post by SamuearlJ »

If you’ve still got this to use GW34 looks like a good time to deploy it.

I also have BB and a FH to use so will likely be targeting BB36 and FH37 but that will depend on how the fixtures fall. Initial thoughts are that big at the back is returning. Do we need Spurs assets? How do you fill up a good bench boost with the forward options available?

Here’s an initial draft to start things off, that assumes Chelsea win today and Man City double in 36:
DDG, Foster
TAA, Robbo, Cancelo, James, Laporte
Salah, Havertz, Mount, Foden, KDH
Watkins, Pukki, Pedro

DDG to become Schmeichel before GW36.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Re: WC34

Post by Archy »

I was planning to WC in GW35 with a view to BB 36 and FH 37

But the expected Chelsea and Man U doubles next week make WC a week early in GW34 an interesting idea. Will give this some thought.

When will be know if Man City double in 36? This could make the difference..

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

DDG? Are you having a laugh? :lol:

I've been toying with a few teams and have reconsidered all teams with Maddison and Barnes in them, so having carried them both for some time now I've chucked them and will likely bring Maddison back in for Mahrez when 36 arrives, provided ManC don't double then.

This is my thinking at the moment, BB36 and FH 37 or 38.

Schmeichel Foster
TAA Robertson Cancelo James Alonso
KDB Mahrez KDH Jota Coutinho
Werner Pukki Pedro

Or switch Coutinho/Werner/ Pedro to Mount/Watkins/Dennis.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Archy wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 13:51 I was planning to WC in GW35 with a view to BB 36 and FH 37

But the expected Chelsea and Man U doubles next week make WC a week early in GW34 an interesting idea. Will give this some thought.

When will be know if Man City double in 36? This could make the difference..
Not sure about the Man City confirmation but Chelsea and ManU now confirmed to double next week. I can see why one would pick DDG but on the other hand I really don't. :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Archy wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 13:51 When will be know if Man City double in 36? This could make the difference..
Crellin expects we'll find out sometime next week.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

From4corners wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 19:23 I can see why one would pick DDG but on the other hand I really don't. :lol:
Plenty of save points! :D

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 19:30
Archy wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 13:51 When will be know if Man City double in 36? This could make the difference..
Crellin expects we'll find out sometime next week.
Thanks Pirlo

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I am WC34, BB36, FH37.

General thoughts:

- I need to spread the funds somewhat to make BB36 effective. This probably means I can't go too big at the back (e.g. no Robbo alongside TAA).
- BB36 also means I can't take my chances on too many rotation risks.
- That said, Mateta may be a necessary risk, for structural reasons. The alternative would be a Watford striker. But they don't score. If funds weren't an issue, however, I'd much prefer Toney.
- 3 x Chelsea for their DGW34. Either 2D+1M or 1D+2M. The fixtures tend to favour the attackers over the defenders.
- It's max one of Son or Kane for me, but not both. Dropping all Spurs frees up a lot of funds, but it's difficult to ignore their nailedness with no other competitions.
- In terms of Man Utd, I thought about CR7 for their DGW34 (with a view to switching him for Kane afterwards). Given his recent news however, he is likely a doubt for both games. Alternatively, I could do the Bruno / Son shuffle. I am a little concerned however that midfield injuries elsewhere are hampering Bruno as an attacking asset.

With that in mind, here are a couple of early drafts (The Son vs The Kane):

The Son

Schmeichel, Foster
TAA, Cancelo, James , x, y
Salah, [Bruno/Son], Havertz, Mount, KDH
Pukki, Toney, Mateta

The Kane

Schmeichel, Foster
Salah, Kulu, Havertz, Mount, KDH
Pukki, [CR7/Kane], Mateta

- x y can be any combination of defender up to under £10m e.g. Laporte / Davies, Cash / White etc.
- KDH could be Gordon.

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

eastcentral1 wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 12:04
The Son

Schmeichel, Foster
Salah, [Bruno/Son], Havertz, Mount, KDH
Pukki, Toney, Mateta

The Kane

Schmeichel, Foster
Salah, Kulu, Havertz, Mount, KDH
Pukki, [CR7/Kane], Mateta

- x y can be any combination of defender up to under £10m e.g. Laporte / Davies, Cash / White etc.
- KDH could be Gordon.
Downgrade cancelo and and get a city mid. a juicy tie with watford cannot be ignored :shock: other than that both teams look decent :)

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I would love more City coverage, but I am not sure where to go. KDB is the pick of the mids, but tricky for obvious reasons. I guess I could get him instead of Son? Cancelo however seems close to a must have, and I'd put him ahead of the other City mids.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

eastcentral1 wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 12:56 I would love more City coverage, but I am not sure where to go. KDB is the pick of the mids, but tricky for obvious reasons. I guess I could get him instead of Son? Cancelo however seems close to a must have, and I'd put him ahead of the other City mids.
If Man C get a DGW36...Cancelo surely won't be enough Man C.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Yes, I'm hoping for City to double in 37. If not (and we should find out this week), then perhaps I'll do the Son version but with KdB filling that spot.

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Toyed with some drafts and am currently on this. No BB left, only one FH.

Ederson (Foster)
Cancelo, TAA, Robertson, James, White
Foden, Salah, Son, Mount (Gordon)
Pukki (Mateta, Gelhardt)

Have a good feeling on Werner, but could't find an elegant way of including him yet. Would need to downgrade Ederson to Schmeichel and James to 5.4 or something.

White is up for debate, I have 0.5 ITB so could afford 5.1. defender.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

what information did we learn last night?

- mateta cannot be relied upon to start
- question marks over the chelsea defence:
---- may not be fully concentrating on the league
---- tt mentioned that he made need to change players who had poor games. alonso had a poor game.
---- rudiger likely not fit for west ham
---- james played another half at rcb. probably more nailed now, esp with the injury to rudiger and form of ac4.
---- tt hasn't found his preferred formation between back 3 / 4
- werner is in good form and appears to be first choice (especially after a poor showing from lukaku)
- city excellent again. hints that their double will go into gw36.
- arsenal remembered how to score. but question marks over their formation (saka at rwb, does eddie now get a run up top?).

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I'm still on this although with one change:
Nketiah instead of João Pedro.

Schmeichel Foster
TAA Robertson Cancelo James Alonso
KDB Mahrez KDH Jota Coutinho
Werner Pukki Nketiah

As for your Mateta observation, he did play a few days earlier in the cup game against ManCity. I expected he wouldn't start.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

That's a lot of Chelsea 😱

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Hopefully the right amount and players. :wink:

I'm also considering Dennis instead of Pukki and Krul instead of Schmeichel so that I can still get Maddison and Barnes for Jota and Coutinho in 36. With the plan to FH37 I can bring in Schmeichel (and Coutinho) for their doubles that week.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

With the current uncertainty over Rudigers injury and RJ's position, I'm thinking of going without Chelsea defensive coverage. BB36 and FH37 is the plan.
Screenshot_20220421_224407.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tootsie
Wideboy

Post by Tootsie »

Anyone thinking to FH now? Chelsea in and out. Load up on City. Sterling mahrez cancelo. Could be a big week for the big teams. City focused on goal difference?

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

@swadd1er
I was looking at Nket too but worried lacca will slot straight back in. Trouble is, no one else at 5.4 or under is viable either than say Pedro (for minutes, although he gets nothing but 2's)

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

There's not really any budget strikers doing well which is the issue for us all. I think on the back of the Chelsea performance Nketiah keeps his place for United but I'll have a couple of free transfers to use in 36 if i need to adjust for BB.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pukki is on fire 😉

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

My biggest dilemma is whether to hold on to my Spurs boys or not.

Son and Kulu have been phenomenal but Spurs have underwhelmed recently and the 2 midfielders can be directly swapped out for Foden and Mahrez. City have the fixtures and probably bags of goals to come, but Son and Kulu have the security of starts.. :? Any views on whether that's a good move or not?

DeanoMK
FISOhead

Post by DeanoMK »

Tootsie wrote:Anyone thinking to FH now? Chelsea in and out. Load up on City. Sterling mahrez cancelo. Could be a big week for the big teams. City focused on goal difference?
Me! I've looked at my team and without transfers I've got 9 doublers for 36, with transfers I can get to 11 without any fuss.

This is a draft I've put together for FH34. Might switch KDB to Sterling who has an impressive record against Watford and may also switch Diaz to Jota as Diogo may get the nod ahead of him with this fixture. Image

Geoffv
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 301st overall FPL 2013-14

Post by Geoffv »

DeanoMK wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 07:07
Tootsie wrote:Anyone thinking to FH now? Chelsea in and out. Load up on City. Sterling mahrez cancelo. Could be a big week for the big teams. City focused on goal difference?
Me! I've looked at my team and without transfers I've got 9 doublers for 36, with transfers I can get to 11 without any fuss.

This is a draft I've put together for FH34. Might switch KDB to Sterling who has an impressive record against Watford and may also switch Diaz to Jota as Diogo may get the nod ahead of him with this fixture. Image
A team without Salah 👻

Tootsie
Wideboy

Post by Tootsie »

DeanoMK wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 07:07

Brave without Salah. If he fires all the hard work with the other differentials is undone. I m not convinced about Alonso either, is he nailed right now?
I would think about including Salah and getting Laporte for Cancel and downgrading your bench to super cheapies. Maybe Nket on bench as Mahrez is always an unknown starter so you have one back up. I was looking at Havertz rather than Werner. I think there could be more upside here. Is Werner going to get a hatful?

Trying to get them all in is challenging. Def some budget constraints.

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

19Yorke wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 15:15 Toyed with some drafts and am currently on this. No BB left, only one FH.

Ederson (Foster)
Foden, Salah, Son, Mount (Gordon)
Pukki (Mateta, Gelhardt)

Have a good feeling on Werner, but could't find an elegant way of including him yet. Would need to downgrade Ederson to Schmeichel and James to 5.4 or something.

White is up for debate, I have 0.5 ITB so could afford 5.1. defender.
Constructed a bit more fun team with Sterling and Werner. Anyone else considering Sterling? Seems an exciting pick, although a bit risky of course.

Schmeichel (Jakupovic)
Sterling, Foden, Salah, Mount (Dewsbury Hall)
Werner (Mateta, Gelhardt)

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Archy wrote:My biggest dilemma is whether to hold on to my Spurs boys or not.

Son and Kulu have been phenomenal but Spurs have underwhelmed recently and the 2 midfielders can be directly swapped out for Foden and Mahrez. City have the fixtures and probably bags of goals to come, but Son and Kulu have the security of starts.. :? Any views on whether that's a good move or not?
I was thinking of taking out Son and then when doing the transfer, saw his previous 3 GW scores before 33. As you have both, maybe kulu out if no better alternative, but presume Son is a cash cow to fund moves?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

It all depends on the situation you find yourself in. If chasing I think no Spurs is the way to go - instead go for Man C, especially when their DGW36 is announced. The caveat is of course, Son to KDB is not a bad move in GW36 itself. If you're consolidating a ML position or overall position, go super safe with flexibility.

I'm so far down, I'm willing to bet against Salah...500k or 120k makes no difference to me so KDB is definitely in on the WC, as generally most will be unable to get to him. Let's face it, Man C could easily spank Watford and get 6-8 goals in the next 2 games. Not many opportunities left now.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

i think i would like a spurs attacker for gw35. in particular that LEI fixture looks good for Son. question is whether i start with him on my wc, or take a one week punt on a city attacker vs watford. i will likely go without kane for the rest of the season. although he is the most reliable forward, i prefer to have a second premium mid slot for the likes of Son, KdB etc. with FH in 37, there will be no way to get kane back for Norwich on the final day of the season though.

i am currently on something like this:

Schmeichel, Foster
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, James, [White]
Salah, [Son], [Havertz/Mount], Ramsey, KDH
Werner, Pukki, Nketiah

basically i am taking advantage of the cheap playing mids here. a gw36 bb of double foster, kdh, ramsey and nketiah doesn't sound too bad.

i will likely ditch james and havertz for laporte and a city mid ahead of dgw36 (if city double).

i am tempted to stick sterling (c) into the Son slot for this week.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”