To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FEBRUARY ONWARDS

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

FEBRUARY ONWARDS

Post by Nightowl »

Thoughts moving onto the final stretch ? Let’s go through our teams in terms of positional structure,starting with goal keepers,I currently have Alisson (liv), very happy with him, Europe starts again,Liverpool not letting in many goals but klopp already said he won’t play the cup final and I doubt he’ll start the fa cup game at the beginning of feb, so likely 2 games down next month already, worth a change ? Options :
Ederson (man c) won’t play fa cup game either ? Roughly same price, have Europe but played one league game more than Liverpool,so to me sideways step
Mendy (che) away on Afcon duty, so a no go atm
De gea (mu) cheaper, plays every game, Utd not water tight but can see signs of improvement, Europe and fa cup bonus games,can see temptations if funds needed for elsewhere
Lloris (tot) no Europe but plenty of league games to make up for them, so similar to de gea for me
Ramsdale (ars) no go for me on him, no fa cup,no Europe says enough to stay clear
Any others tempting anyone b4 I move onto the defence ?

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Re: FEBRUARY ONWARDS

Post by lfc71 »

Gotta be Allison or Ederson for me.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Yes,they’re definitely the stand outs,couple of left field picks could also be
Schmeichel (lei) cheap,loads of games to catch up, Europe and fa cup, defence currently terrible but should be getting players back very soon
Pope (bur) again lots of fixtures to catch up,very tight at the back and don’t think dyche will open up and attack with the position their in the league, would expect them to go even more defensive

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Not worth faffing about with keepers when you already have one of the best if not the best.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Defence pool, Robertson, Trent, Dijk, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte and Maguire. Don’t think I’ll touch another defender for the rest of the season especially as budgets are ridiculous this year!

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Midfield pool....Kdb/Foden/Mahrez/Silva/Maddison/Bowen.

Striker pool....Mo/Jota/Kane/Cr7/Daka

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Biddles32 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 16:33 Not worth faffing about with keepers when you already have one of the best if not the best.
Agree with that,it’s more about giving a bit of advice/insight to others that may not be lucky enough to have said keepers in place

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Biddles32 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 16:34 Defence pool, Robertson, Trent, Dijk, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte and Maguire. Don’t think I’ll touch another defender for the rest of the season especially as budgets are ridiculous this year!
Again brilliant pool of defenders but would be nice for a look at other options for those who are not lucky enough to have got budget up/in place, think after the next 2 game weeks Chelsea boys will again look appealing and another left field budget bargain could also be James Justin of Leicester? What’s your thoughts on him ?

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

lfc71 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 18:49 Midfield pool....Kdb/Foden/Mahrez/Silva/Maddison/Bowen.

Striker pool....Mo/Jota/Kane/Cr7/Daka
Your midfield pool I’d say is exactly where everyone should be looking, another couple maybe again after the next 2 game weeks mount/zyech of Chelsea ? then we have Bruno (Man U ) interesting last couple of game weeks just gone and a double game week just thrown in ?

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man

Post by lfc71 »

Fernandes usually a no brainer,but fair to say since cr7 joined its badly impacted on his pts output....bit similar
to how it does in the Portugal national team when doing Euro/World Cup dt.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Nightowl wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 11:44
Biddles32 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 16:34 Defence pool, Robertson, Trent, Dijk, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte and Maguire. Don’t think I’ll touch another defender for the rest of the season especially as budgets are ridiculous this year!
Again brilliant pool of defenders but would be nice for a look at other options for those who are not lucky enough to have got budget up/in place, think after the next 2 game weeks Chelsea boys will again look appealing and another left field budget bargain could also be James Justin of Leicester? What’s your thoughts on him ?
Even if I didn’t have a good budget I’d still be looking to have these pool of defenders. I’d just cut back on price of midfielders and strikers as there are plenty of lower priced midfielders and strikers that could outperform the higher priced ones. The pool of defenders I said I doubt could be beaten. Also Alison at 3.8 mill is hardly a luxury there are plenty of keepers priced above 3 mill. Just giving my honest opinion. As a fantasy enthusiast I know full well messing about with keepers is not a good strategy especially when you already have a top one.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

As some have said here I think the issues are prices and affordability .
Trent , Robertson , Cancelo etc . KDB , Mahrez , Bowen , Bruno , Maddison ?
This doesn’t leave a lot of cash for the forward line
Plus what to do with the forward line . Do you stick with Ronnie ? Kane worth a punt ? Who gets the heave ho when Salah returns ? If Ronnie keeps losing value will you be able to afford Salah as a substitute ?

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Re salah
Is he still a must have ?
Liverpool attacking options massive now with Diaz signed and firmino back fit
Another possible hit for him maybe is that he may not be on penalties anymore ? ( missed his last and Fabinho has scored both of his since salah been away) will he still be on them ?

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man

Post by lfc71 »

Nightowl wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 13:33 Re salah
Is he still a must have ?
In a word....Yessss!!

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man

Post by lfc71 »

shakermeister wrote: 01 Feb 2022, 09:49 As some have said here I think the issues are prices and affordability .
Fortunatly in my best team (1494 pts/6pts off the leaderboard) i'm not too restrained by prices atm as team is worth 63.7m.

This is the team i'm thinking of having for february,which i think would cost me 3 /4 transfers.

Ederson
Trent
Robbo
Laporte
Cancelo
Kdb
Mahrez/Fernandes??
Maddison
Salah
Kane/cr7??
Jota

Think its all about getting in as many pool & city players as you can within reason.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

That’s more or less my team . I’ve got Rudiger but may leave him in today even though they only have 1 game this week . My worry is if Ronnie doesn’t bag mid week I will need to ditch him for Salah pronto as his price will drop yet again 😔

Peterrr666
FISOhead

Post by Peterrr666 »

Ronaldo is my downfall! When I take him out he’s scores heavily and when I put him back in… well you see what I mean😡😡

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Ronny will come good and bite loads of ya

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Biddles32 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 16:33 Not worth faffing about with keepers when you already have one of the best if not the best.
:Disclaimer: if an opportunity arises which involves players in different positions needing to go with budget restrictions then the keeper goes too 😉

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Currently sitting with vvd and Jota, would a move to Maddison and Ronaldo be a backwards,sideways or forward move for February?

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shakermeister »

My dilemma is Salah or Ronaldo

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

I got lucky with Sterling yesterday, hadn’t scored in prem since Boxing Day. Making my move closer to top 100 now. Always seems to be this time of year I get close to the leaderboard, if only I could get a good start! For now think I’m gonna sit on my transfers as I’ve made two already getting Salah back in and Sterling added.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Nightowl wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 11:05 Currently sitting with vvd and Jota, would a move to Maddison and Ronaldo be a backwards,sideways or forward move for February?
Made the move in 2 teams in mini leagues after looking at what the chasing pack were holding in their teams but hasn’t worked out to well so far after Ronnie blank yesterday, I also held back in another 2 teams in mini leagues which are also in a strong positions, re sterling he’s a player that like Mahrez that can score big halls in a good team at any time but like you said can go long spells of doing nothing, very frustrating players to own especially with the pep roulette about to kick in now champions league is back

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

Any body thinking of Chelsea players? I am currently 2nd in my mini league,going to struggle clawing back 120pts at this point in the season but looking at left field options.recently Chelsea players have been overlooked with good reason but upcoming fixtures look good and Reece James might be back this weekend.team currently is

Ederson
TAA,Dias, Cancelo
KDB,Coutinho,Bowen,Maddison
Jota,Kane,Salah

Thinking either Kane-Lukaku Coutinho-James
Jota-Lukaku. Coutinho-Alonso

Any other suggestions would be appreciated lads.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: a 2nd and 9th place in TFF

Post by buttonphobic »

With Liverpool having double game weeks and his form, I wouldn’t be getting rid of Jota right now

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: a 2nd and 9th place in TFF

Post by buttonphobic »

🤔 think I’m gonna use the end of Feb to monitor Chelsea. Certainly don’t jump on Lukaku at the moment.

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

Thanks for the advice,I might just hang fire and hope price changes don't burn me.👍

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

tootie69 wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 17:57 Any body thinking of Chelsea players? I am currently 2nd in my mini league,going to struggle clawing back 120pts at this point in the season but looking at left field options.recently Chelsea players have been overlooked with good reason but upcoming fixtures look good and Reece James might be back this weekend.team currently is

Ederson
TAA,Dias, Cancelo
KDB,Coutinho,Bowen,Maddison
Jota,Kane,Salah

Thinking either Kane-Lukaku Coutinho-James
Jota-Lukaku. Coutinho-Alonso

Any other suggestions would be appreciated lads.
So looks like jota could be out for a couple weeks,so will be keeping Kane for time being so

Jota-Luis Diaz. Coutinho-Reece James??

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

What’s the state of the team your chasing pal ?

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

Nightowl wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 19:42 What’s the state of the team your chasing pal ?
This is his team,he used a couple transfers this week to take in Bowen and Coutinho,obviously thinking the more players we both have less chance of making up any ground.I don't blame him.👎🤣.I have 3 transfers left and really need to try something different.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”