To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW24 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

GW24 Wildcard

Post by zipnolan »

Surely I can't be the only one to have embarked on this journey?

My personal rationale:

- I have two Chelseas and one Brighton player
- My second GK disappeared without trace this week
- I have three Watford players
- I have dropped from top 10K to barely top 50K in three disastrous weeks
- International / FA Cup break might throw up opportunities
- Need to get Salah back in quite soon
- Transfer window might throw up opportunities
- We might find out more about rescheduled matches this week *
- It's only a game *

* Please ignore these two as the rantings of a madman

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW24 Wildcard

Post by tarkens »

im considering it, my current team in GW24 have decent fixtures but i really want Ronaldo, Lucas, Dennis and few others gone

I had a very quick look at what I can afford and without really digging deep into the fixtures list, potential DGW and blanks etc., came up with this:

DDG - Foster
TAA - Cancelo - Digne - Coady - Β£5.0 def
Salah - De Bruyne - Foden - Jota - Bowen
Edouard - Broja - Idah

front three is a joke but are there any forwards worth having at this point?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

zipnolan wrote: ↑24 Jan 2022, 14:14 Surely I can't be the only one to have embarked on this journey?

My personal rationale:

- I have two Chelseas and one Brighton player
- My second GK disappeared without trace this week
- I have three Watford players
- I have dropped from top 10K to barely top 50K in three disastrous weeks
- International / FA Cup break might throw up opportunities
- Need to get Salah back in quite soon
- Transfer window might throw up opportunities
- We might find out more about rescheduled matches this week *
- It's only a game *

* Please ignore these two as the rantings of a madman
You forgot that you'll get bored during the break πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

I'm only tickling at it at the moment, getting in potential risers like Digne / de Gea / Fernandes before deciding whether to stick with them. I have a feeling that the landscape might shift quite a bit over the next two weeks.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

blahblah wrote: ↑24 Jan 2022, 14:35You forgot that you'll get bored during the break πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
First time I read that, I thought you'd said "boned". It made me laugh.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: ↑24 Jan 2022, 15:57
blahblah wrote: ↑24 Jan 2022, 14:35You forgot that you'll get bored during the break πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
Which put you in the good mood πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

blahblah wrote: ↑24 Jan 2022, 15:59
Bob Newhart wrote: ↑24 Jan 2022, 15:57
Which put you in the good mood πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
:P

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

A wildcard becomes more likely with the announcement of a DGW for ManU. I wonder whether it is worth having Ronaldo. I am toying with the idea Fernandes, Greenwood and de Gea.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Lucky wrote: ↑26 Jan 2022, 18:10 A wildcard becomes more likely with the announcement of a DGW for ManU. I wonder whether it is worth having Ronaldo. I am toying with the idea Fernandes, Greenwood and de Gea.
Of course it's squad-specific, but there's so much more information that could emerge over the next 12 days, prior to deadline. I'd be holding off on any WC thoughts until a chunk more of that information appears. If it doesn't, and Man U Brighton doubles are our lot, then I'd be holding my WC barring an emergency.

Ronaldo is a tough one. I already own him but I'm tempted to ditch him anyway! Salah over just 2 games could easily batter him over 3. (if he plays thrice in that congested period)

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Sutter Kane wrote: ↑26 Jan 2022, 19:35
Lucky wrote: ↑26 Jan 2022, 18:10 A wildcard becomes more likely with the announcement of a DGW for ManU. I wonder whether it is worth having Ronaldo. I am toying with the idea Fernandes, Greenwood and de Gea.
Of course it's squad-specific, but there's so much more information that could emerge over the next 12 days, prior to deadline. I'd be holding off on any WC thoughts until a chunk more of that information appears. If it doesn't, and Man U Brighton doubles are our lot, then I'd be holding my WC barring an emergency.

Ronaldo is a tough one. I already own him but I'm tempted to ditch him anyway! Salah over just 2 games could easily batter him over 3. (if he plays thrice in that congested period)
You are right on the news still to come up. Currently I hold fire, but you also need to watch price moves. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep. While I'm being sensible and not even logging in, which will get me to close the deadline; I might kneejerk a WC then. There really are too many unknowns to even start planning one now.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Lucky wrote: ↑26 Jan 2022, 19:50

You are right on the news still to come up. Currently I hold fire, but you also need to watch price moves. :wink:
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they are not after you 🀑🀑🀑🀑

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

blahblah wrote: ↑26 Jan 2022, 19:52
Lucky wrote: ↑26 Jan 2022, 19:50

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they are not after you 🀑🀑🀑🀑
No paranoia; theoretically I can continue without wildcard thanks to three ManU players. But I feel strongly about changing formation. Defence is settled, midfielders might be the way forward.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Why not have a rest and chill for a bit before the run in?

And I was referring more to price changes πŸ˜‰

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Who to put in

zipnolan
Dumbledore

Post by zipnolan »

Just when I thought this thread was going nowhere..... :roll:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Kris_fiso wrote: ↑28 Jan 2022, 23:57 Who to put in
zipnolan wrote: ↑29 Jan 2022, 00:17 Just when I thought this thread was going nowhere..... :roll:
Inspiration comes in many forms. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :lol:

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed Β£150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Thing is, kris has a point.

So many games to reschedule. And unless you have lots of Arsenal and Chelsea at present...and Traore...not convinced now is a sensible moment.

zipnolan
Dumbledore

Post by zipnolan »

Probably true...I have 2 x Chelsea, 1 x Brighton (Sanchez, with a dubious Foster backup), 3 x Watford (obvs including Foster) and an ill-judged Targett. So I think I qualify, even though I have no Arsenal :)

I expect a few more to come round to the idea if /when we get better intelligence (or after the FA Cup can make better guesses) about future rearrangements. Might not convince kris or you, though!

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

raoul wrote: ↑29 Jan 2022, 09:11 Thing is, kris has a point.
:? I hardly see a point when he writes. :oops:

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

zipnolan wrote:Probably true...I have 2 x Chelsea, 1 x Brighton (Sanchez, with a dubious Foster backup), 3 x Watford (obvs including Foster) and an ill-judged Targett. So I think I qualify, even though I have no Arsenal :)

I expect a few more to come round to the idea if /when we get better intelligence (or after the FA Cup can make better guesses) about future rearrangements. Might not convince kris or you, though!
I am probably using to freshen up my team and put people with extra games in now. I have low TV and can see myself having to take hits every GW or miss out due to price fluctuations if I dont use. I also want to capture the start of the good fixture runs, and try to use differentials as much as possible to move up rank

I only have Ramsdale and Martinelli but have no playing keeper and want rid of regulion and Rudiger (for now).

I still have my 2 FH.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: ↑29 Jan 2022, 10:31
:? I hardly see a point when he writes. :oops:
You're on the wrong drugs πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Van de Beek. Diaz. Would these players be worth putting in our teams

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Kris_fiso wrote: ↑30 Jan 2022, 23:54 Van de Beek. Diaz. Would these players be worth putting in our teams
no

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

no Greenwood anymore!

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed Β£150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

So many games to reschedule. And unless you have lots of Arsenal and Chelsea at present...and Traore...not convinced now is a sensible moment.
oh, and Greenwood.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Malrom wrote: ↑01 Feb 2022, 15:55no Greenwood anymore!
"The Useless Greenwood" :lol:

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Malrom wrote: ↑01 Feb 2022, 15:55
no Greenwood anymore!
Thank you, it did not remain unnoticed. Therefore it is probably Ronaldo, Dalot and de Gea and no wildcard, or Ronaldo, Fernandes and de Gea and Veltman with a wildcard. It all depends on the AFCON and FA cup games.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

I can get to a decent WC team where I would bring in Salah for Fernandez GW26 but I only have 0.1 itb and I can see him going up by at least that, so risky.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

zipnolan
Dumbledore

Post by zipnolan »

It's new territory for me, as like most I have historically wildcarded late in the season, to try to anticipate double and blank weeks usually caused by the FA Cup. This season part of the reason I feel the urge to wildcard (I've already done it, so it's not negotiable) was because my squad had already been bollocksed up by chasing things like Watford DGWs or DGWs that never transpired.

So, since it's a done deal, I have to try to exploit some of the variables out there, ship out the Watford Three and try to deal with the coming 4-5 DGWs en bloc and in advance. This is surely the most volatile part of the season - there are two free hits to deal with some of the crazier later weeks. I'll still probably chase a few rainbows but a solid squad now would seem to consist of a few usual suspects, a few who are likely to have approaching DGWs and a few who have lots of matches to play anyway. The aim will be to steady the ship, though and avoid splurging on FHs too early. Will need a full squad, as I haven't played my BB yet. Next four weeks are critical, as if there truly is an inflection point in GW28 then many will wildcard around then and any advantage will be lost.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”