To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Covid Updates

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Owsler
Dumbledore

Re: Covid Updates

Post by Owsler »

Such a buffoon. Rushed to make some transfers and brought in Maddison and Dennis. I give up.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

DGW Alert
F65BB2C3-28FE-4C67-80F5-FD54EB976428.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Wow, that’s more than two weeks away, so much can happen in that time... will the “new” postponement rules be in force by then?

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

New postponement rules bought in - 4 confirmed Covid cases required to request a postponement.

Although this is a welcome change, with Covid rates now the lowest since late November, this is a spectacular closing of the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

TheRumourMill wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 14:21 New postponement rules bought in - 4 confirmed Covid cases required to request a postponement.

Although this is a welcome change, with Covid rates now the lowest since late November, this is a spectacular closing of the stable door after the horse has bolted.
I agree, it’s a welcome change.

There’s a sting to the tail about ‘lowest rates since late November’ though. As we’re currently finding with our kids’ school, once it gets in to a cohort the background level of infection is immaterial. It spreads and quickly.
At headline level this change would appear to address that by allowing postponement in that scenario; rather than the current system where Covid need only have a peripheral impact

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Smurphy Paw wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 15:00
TheRumourMill wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 14:21 New postponement rules bought in - 4 confirmed Covid cases required to request a postponement.

I agree, it’s a welcome change.

There’s a sting to the tail about ‘lowest rates since late November’ though. As we’re currently finding with our kids’ school, once it gets in to a cohort the background level of infection is immaterial. It spreads and quickly.
At headline level this change would appear to address that by allowing postponement in that scenario; rather than the current system where Covid need only have a peripheral impact
Yeah I agree, I think 4 is a fair number which should stop the cynical mickey taking from the likes of Leicester, whilst also not compromising the safety of clubs with genuine outbreaks like Burnley had recently. I just wish we had this in place at season start rather than now, but better late than never.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

To be fair..... it's only now (ish) that we are confident that this version is a fast spread low death variation, opposed to the more fatal first variant.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

DGW25 is on. MU and BRI playing a postponed game.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”