To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

COVID - 19

Discussions about the coronavirus - COVID19
bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Re: COVID - 19

Post by bluenosey »

blahblah wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 16:06 They find each other on Social Media and encourage each other to be even more stupid....

Surely they want to be citizens, rather than sovereign beings?
Unfortunately, as with anything, the minority tend to be the most vocal.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

eastcentral1 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:39 i think most reasonable people would agree with the view that there might be circusmtances in which vaccines should be mandatory.
I guess I can't think of those circumstances (outside of working with vulnerable people) so maybe I'm not reasonable! Doesn't mean they don't exist of course but logic would dictate enough "reasonable people" would not be stupid enough to notice a 'smallpox', an 'ebola' and not rush themselves to get jabbed, without the requirement for mandating. I just hope the 'vaccine to access stuff' route doesn't become normalised. I feel I'm in the minority so I'm not sure it matters but despite our government stating they'd almost certainly never happen in the UK, let's see where we are on that in 1-2 years given the NHS one is looming shortly...I think that will be a catastrophic logistical error but also reckon I'm in the minority there too! (I think the NHS workers' view was roughly split 50/50 on that iirc)
Last edited by Sutter Kane on 18 Jan 2022, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Renton wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 15:28 Have these idiots always walked among us and it’s just social media that makes us more aware of them or is it social media that’s creating them?
Well most are idiots of course but there could be multiple reasons for that. I think most people thought Trump getting elected was ridiculous and did not paint the American public in the best light! But when certain sections of society become distrusting of governments (for whatever reasons, take your pick), and simultaneously lose trust in the system (become disillusioned), they can chase up blind alleys and demand change (Brexit?) at any cost. And sometimes those people are easily led if it confirms their 'anger', so yes, social media has a part to play in many bad ideas. I don't think it creates them though.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Sutter Kane wrote: yes, social media has a part to play in many bad ideas. I don't think it creates them though.
What about all this QAnon stuff??

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Maybe. I don't really know much about it - it seemed to come more into public thinking when linked with...Trump. Didn't he just stop short of actuallysaying it's all true? Again I'm not even sure what QAnon really is. (edit: just looked it up and saw the words satanic/cannibalistic).

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Sutter Kane wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 16:45 Again I'm not even sure what QAnon really is. (edit: just looked it up and saw the words satanic/cannibalistic).
Those words are mentioned but let's add a bit of context ... (from wiki)
QAnon is an American far-right political conspiracy theory and movement centered on false claims made by an anonymous individual or individuals, known by the name "Q", that a cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles operate a global child sex trafficking ring that conspired against the former U.S. President Donald Trump during his term in office.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

murf wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 16:36What about all this QAnon stuff??
Yesterday's news... it's all about TuAnon, now.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Bob Newhart wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 18:21
Is that the new variant of conspiracy theorist?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

hancockjr wrote:
Bob Newhart wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 18:21
Is that the new variant of conspiracy theorist?
We are all going to be dissolved from the outside if we wear Sainsburys own brand clothing?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Apparently (Ch4 News) there are 50k non vaxxed in the NHS plus 30k that are Exempt.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

To be honest, it doesn’t actually sound like she died from Covid at all.
Very strange story.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Definitely strange, and rather Darwinian, which is good as long as there is no waste of resources....

Is there still a huge leap in record sales when performers die? If so we could play Musician Clog Poppers 👏👏👏👏👏

Morrissey - blah

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 16:16
eastcentral1 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:39 i think most reasonable people would agree with the view that there might be circusmtances in which vaccines should be mandatory.
I guess I can't think of those circumstances (outside of working with vulnerable people) so maybe I'm not reasonable! Doesn't mean they don't exist of course but logic would dictate enough "reasonable people" would not be stupid enough to notice a 'smallpox', an 'ebola' and not rush themselves to get jabbed, without the requirement for mandating. I just hope the 'vaccine to access stuff' route doesn't become normalised. I feel I'm in the minority so I'm not sure it matters but despite our government stating they'd almost certainly never happen in the UK, let's see where we are on that in 1-2 years given the NHS one is looming shortly...I think that will be a catastrophic logistical error but also reckon I'm in the minority there too! (I think the NHS workers' view was roughly split 50/50 on that iirc)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-50713991
In the late 19th Century, tens of thousands of people took to the streets in opposition to compulsory smallpox vaccinations. There were arrests, fines and people were even sent to jail.

Banners were brandished demanding "Repeal the Vaccination Acts, the curse of our nation" and vowing "Better a felon's cell than a poisoned babe". Copies of hated laws were burned in the streets and the effigy was lynched of the humble country doctor who was seen as to blame for the smallpox prevention programme.

At the height of this fight, the people of Leicester, a city in the English Midlands, claimed to have found an alternative to vaccination

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

eastcentral1 wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 16:29
Sutter Kane wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 16:16
In the late 19th Century, tens of thousands of people took to the streets in opposition to compulsory smallpox vaccinations. There were arrests, fines and people were even sent to jail.
:lol: You saying people are stupid... (or perhaps a small dumb % of population isn't relevant to overall success of a smallpox vaccine rollout anyway)

Kay from M.I.B. : A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals.

I'm afraid this is still a wait and see situation for me. (requisite % of vaccinated required to subdue pandemic was 40%, then 60%, then 80%, now what? Mandate?) Times were very different back then - mandates could work as most people were confined to one place and not travelling long distances to spread it.

But I take your point - I didn't say there couldn't be a situation where mandates were needed. We'll cross that bridge that I hope we never have to...but this is a different bridge, by far. Some countries don't think so though, very different attitude to us with similar % vaccinated.

I'm not sure what a mandate would do (without permanent border closures in said country) as you'd have to vaccinate everyone in the world, or near to. Logically no point, and when you start fining people...I do wonder.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

This is quite an interesting read - nothing particularly opinionated, more just history, as is obvious by the website name...(although some of it is ripe for opening a Pandora's box of opinion)

https://www.history.com/news/smallpox-v ... reme-court

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Covid vaccinations: Anti-vaxers use 'crime number' to try to halt jabs
Anti-vax campaigners are using a "crime number" issued to them by the police to claim vaccination centres are breaking the law.

They were given the number after making a formal allegation to the Metropolitan Police that vaccines are dangerous.

Police say it "merely acknowledges" an allegation has been received but there is currently no criminal investigation.

On Thursday, campaigners tried to close a centre in Stockport, falsely claiming police were investigating a crime.

Greater Manchester Police say officers were called by a group saying a crime was being committed at the health centre and it wanted the police to "seize the evidence".

In a video shot by the protesters, one man falsely claims there is a "live criminal case", which will be "fought through the courts".

Officers tell them that they will be arrested for aggravated trespass and the group then leaves the centre.
Just when you thought these people couldn't be more moronic :roll:

A leaflet

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Been going on for 14 days according to the date. Still nothing in any newspaper or on the BBC. Stinks of a cover up at the highest lizard, I mean, level.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Really hard to understand peoples motivation for this sort of stuff

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote: 21 Jan 2022, 20:23 Really hard to understand peoples motivation for this sort of stuff
We found Novak's.

He owns 80% of a Danish company researching a treatment for covid. Not much use if the vaccine saves us all first.....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/ ... a0e2d61aef
Last edited by murf on 21 Jan 2022, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: 21 Jan 2022, 20:23 Really hard to understand peoples motivation for this sort of stuff
Delusion, insanity ......

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Do we know why the increasing empty shelves are returning? COVID causing Drivers to be off work; not enough drivers; or the new BREXIT checks?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Probably all of the above… the latter more likely if it’s fresh produce though.

Apparently there’s a glut of cauliflower… I’d rather go hungry!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Meatloaf: "I'm not going to be controlled"

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

What's wrong with cauliflower?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 11:55 What's wrong with cauliflower?
You like cauliflower and you don't like pies :shock: :shock:

If I'd eaten pie for tea for 100 consecutive days, I'd still choose it over cauliflower on day 101. In fact cauliflower can go in Room 101, second through the door after celery.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 12:00
blahblah wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 11:55 What's wrong with cauliflower?
You like cauliflower and you don't like pies :shock: You are strange.
There's no points for noticing that 😂😂😂

Sweet pies and tarts are yummy 😊😊😊😊

Btw Sainsbury's have their Xmas Pudds at £2ish down from over £6. They're even better Cold and will keep until next Easter: I only bought 4 after having 1 as a taster 😎😎😎😎

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptWwedrHgjs (2:11 of pure pop perfection)

Some sweet (sweet) pies and tarts are damn fine but I hate cooked apples and rhubarb and crumble so that kills a lot.

Christmas pudding is great. At christmas.....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 12:11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptWwedrHgjs (2:11 of pure pop perfection)

Some sweet (sweet) pies and tarts are damn fine but I hate cooked apples and rhubarb and crumble so that kills a lot.

Christmas pudding is great. At christmas.....
Well, you're just bring silly now although Apple Crumble isn't high on my list, nor is Apple Tart/Pie.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

blahblah wrote:What's wrong with cauliflower?
Everything.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “COVID-19”