To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL chat 2023/24 season

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: NFL chat 2021/22 season

Post by raoul »

blah, I never leave.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Iggles and Dullass lose :mrgreen:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

NFC Least lives up to its name…

That shambolic fourth quarter won’t cut it against the Packers, though, and we need Bosa and Warner back (and a kick up the arse for special teams, Gould aside). Dallas penalties were the difference, ultimately.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 03:30 blah, I never leave.
I thought you were in Mexico...

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

forestfan wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 09:00That shambolic fourth quarter won’t cut it against the Packers, though, and we need Bosa and Warner back (and a kick up the arse for special teams, Gould aside). Dallas penalties were the difference, ultimately.
You play Rodgers and co. next?

Good stuff. Another chance to root for a team I actually like in the 49ers against one I don't (entirely because of the assbag at QB, to be fair). As a WFT fan, picking favorites is the only way this part of the season holds any interest.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 09:00 NFC Least lives up to its name…

That shambolic fourth quarter won’t cut it against the Packers, though, and we need Bosa and Warner back (and a kick up the arse for special teams, Gould aside). Dallas penalties were the difference, ultimately.
Yep, and the Cowboys won't win it next season as they only do odd years.....

Getting those back would be good, and remember they were lucky to beat the Browns. Baker threw a winning drive which only needed a FG 🙄🙄🙄

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 09:58
forestfan wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 09:00That shambolic fourth quarter won’t cut it against the Packers, though, and we need Bosa and Warner back (and a kick up the arse for special teams, Gould aside). Dallas penalties were the difference, ultimately.

Good stuff. Another chance to root for a team I actually like in the 49ers against one I don't (entirely because of the assbag at QB, to be fair). As a WFT fan, picking favorites is the only way this part of the season holds any interest.
I'm sure your list of hate is long enough to get you by 🤣🤣🤣🤣

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Bob Newhart wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 09:58

Yeah, line-up is confirmed now, as whoever wins out of the Cruds and Lambs will be the third-highest seed remaining so will go to Tampa Bay.

At least won’t have the compulsion to stay up and watch as per the last two Sundays, as GB-SF is the late Saturday night game so definitely one for Sky+/highlights. Bungles get the Saturday opener again, as per tradition.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

If any of you wanna talk games in real time while games are going on may I recommend the FanPubServer on Discord - just click on Chat from the TFP home page here:

http://www.thefanpub.com/

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

So, Big Ben and the Class of '04 are now in the history books, it appears.

Three QBs who combined for 768 starts, 442 wins, 196,303 passing yards (or 113 miles... roughly, they collectively threw the ball from London to Nottingham), 1275 TDs and, for that matter, 711 interceptions! And four Super Bowl rings.

Of course Brady will probably beat most of that on his own, but not too shabby anyway ;)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Reports suggest that the Steelers won’t go for a big trade (not in their playbook, generally) or a veteran free agent, and will move ahead with Rudolph, Haskins and a draft pick competing for the starting role.

They’ll need that draft selection to be good :lol: Mind you, they could probably find an undrafted free agent better than those two.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

They could get Murray after this morning 🤣😂🤣😂

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

A QB’s only as good as his last game in this day and age… still, Kylie is outdoing even Russell Wilson in being “September and October MVP”. Losing Hopkins was obviously a blow but they really unravelled on the run-in.

Only two competitive games in “Super” Wild Card Weekend, really. And some want to expand it to 16 teams. Guess it’s still the same in that the first round just weeds out the lame ducks, then the serious stuff starts.

Mayock gone from the Raiders. The man who for years was the consensus suddenly started railing against it when the boot was on the other foot, with some baffling first round picks. Looks like they’re just going for a fresh start across the board, will that be true at QB as well?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

re 7th: the NFC is shite, so 7th was bound to be a long way behind; and the Stealers stole into 7th in a crazy season of COVID etc.

Mayock was probably a to be gone when when Gruden ...... I think Dallas could be a fun watch after those debacles at the weekend 🤣😂🤣😂

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 09:58 re 7th: the NFC is shite, so 7th was bound to be a long way behind; and the Stealers stole into 7th in a crazy season of COVID etc.

Mayock was probably a to be gone when when Gruden ...... I think Dallas could be a fun watch after those debacles at the weekend 🤣😂🤣😂
Well yeah, McCarthy is seemingly on the hotseat with his two co-ordinators touted for HC jobs elsewhere (not that the weekend will help their own prospects). Questions being asked of Kingsbury after the Cruds’ capitulation. But firing HCs after a play-off season very rarely happens. You’re behind on the interview process, for a start (though Dallas have the internal candidate advantage).

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The debacleS at the end of the Cowboy's loss were bad and maybe unforgivable?

Kingsbury was on the edge of the cliff 😎😎😎 after the fall from 10 & 2. O think they had a similarly split season last time. I think there was a strange home/away split too, but I haven't looked at who they played.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 10:27 The debacleS at the end of the Cowboy's loss were bad and maybe unforgivable?

Kingsbury was on the edge of the cliff 😎😎😎 after the fall from 10 & 2. O think they had a similarly split season last time. I think there was a strange home/away split too, but I haven't looked at who they played.
Colts owner has held fire on Reich and his GM, so no knee-jerk reaction there after their meltdown in the last week of the regular season. Expect the same will be true in Arlington and Phoenix, but you can never really second-guess owners who (outside of Green Bay) are essentially individuals with dictatorial powers over their franchises.

Similarly to QBs, the grass (or Astroturf) isn’t always greener…

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

forestfan wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 10:04Well yeah, McCarthy is seemingly on the hotseat with his two co-ordinators touted for HC jobs elsewhere (not that the weekend will help their own prospects).
Really hope he stays. He's Dullass' Rafa.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Bob Newhart wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:05
forestfan wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 10:04Well yeah, McCarthy is seemingly on the hotseat with his two co-ordinators touted for HC jobs elsewhere (not that the weekend will help their own prospects).
In an Everton sense, as opposed to Liverpool or Newcastle?

He’s won a Super Bowl, so level with probable Hall of Famers like Reid, Harbaugh and Tomlin… but generally underachieved given he had a decade of Rodgers in his prime, so probably not someone you’d expect to take a team to the next level.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

forestfan wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:29
Bob Newhart wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:05
In an Everton sense, as opposed to Liverpool or Newcastle?
Everton.
forestfan wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:29He’s won a Super Bowl, so level with probable Hall of Famers like Reid, Harbaugh and Tomlin… but generally underachieved given he had a decade of Rodgers in his prime, so probably not someone you’d expect to take a team to the next level.
Hence Everton. Prior success, but crap (or in over his head) now.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

And Dallas have slightly higher expectations than Everton, even if both have won sod all since the mid-90s…

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

It is quite hard to evaluate the current stalwart HCs, other than Belichick… what do you rank them on? Super Bowl wins? Consistency? Innovation? Franchise building? Length of service? There’s only been one true dynasty this millennium, and everyone else has had to fight for the scraps.

Even going back a bit, with my 49ers hat on, George Seifert still isn’t in the Hall of Fame, and he won two SBs and had eight straight winning/playoff seasons. Yes he flamed out in Carolina, and he inherited Bill Walsh’s team… but using that last fact against him is like saying Bob Paisley’s success was all down to Bill Shankly. Succeeding a legend can be the hardest thing, as Man Utd fans will be well aware! So, yeah, you really do need to tick every single box to be regarded as a great HC, it seems.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The problem with trying to compare is the Bill Brady years when there were less SB's and AFC titles to go around.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 16:03 The problem with trying to compare is the Bill Brady years when there were less SB's and AFC titles to go around.
Exactly, and maybe that will diminish the historical standings of quite a few, rightly or wrongly. Though maybe worth considering it was easier to build a dynasty in the 80s and 90s when salary caps were less of a factor in being able to retain an all-star roster for years.

Nobody has taken any sort of control of the NFC in that era, I think something like 13 of the 16 have reached a Super Bowl since 2000. I’d guess the Packers would have made the play-offs most often, largely through having two great QBs.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Just heard Kay call the 49ers "the 69ers" on GMFB :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 14:27 Just heard Kay call the 49ers "the 69ers" on GMFB :lol:
😎😎😎😎👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I have a peculiar feeling that there will be at least one upset this weekend......

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 21 Jan 2022, 18:03 I have a peculiar feeling that there will be at least one upset this weekend......
Well, there should be, I think they’re all pretty close to 50/50. No idea how I’d go if I was still in the egg chasing comp… certainly don’t expect the number of blowouts we had last week, I think we’ll see 3 out of 4 one-score margins and probably some overtime.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I had the PFF preview on and they had me believing the Buccs were under dogs... the reason Tom got hit so much was that one of his OL was crocked and should be out. Do the Rams have a good DL 🤔🤔🤔🤔 yep.

69ers can run through the Pack (who were lucky to beat the Browns by 2) as they do have that soft centre. If Gina can throw to the right side despite the COLD enough then they could win.

Chefs vs Bills: no comment required? My gut thinks the Bills will choke.... There is a perfectly reasonable theory that the Bills have built the squad to beat the Chefs... but this has them selves very vulnerable to the run. And those teams are out, except for the Tits.

Bengals Vs Tits: is Henry back but is he fit? Can Chase catch and get Downs and TDs? O still think Potts the TE was the one to take medium and long term.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Inauspicious start by the Titans. :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”